you vs him 528

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
I'm going to bank the 12 to hit the lower side of the 3 and try to push balls towards my hole. I'll try to leave the cue ball right there or maybe draw it up the long rail a little towards the side pocket. I don't want to touch the 11 ball as it might come back up and leave a shot. Decent chance to make a ball if get the 12 under the 3 where it can ticky off the 13 and into the combo towards my pocket. If I'm feeling ultra cautious, I'd just rub off the 1 to the side rail and behind the 11...simple and safe but not very productive unless I land perfectly under the 11.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
banking the 12 soft and trying to put the cue ball on the bottom rail. Don't want to hit the 12 to hard here and have it come back up table for a free bank.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
For me this is all about Jojo and the 12 ball. Hit it in the face and take what you get - 3 ball or whatever. I don't want my opponent banking the 5 or the 14. If I can roll against the 11 ball, I might go for that, but I won't risk kissing the 12. If I'm feeling a little froggy I might hit the 12 a pretty good rap, like tossing a grenade on the table. I do that now and then on a Thursday.

beatle

Verified Member
1. for those with weak knees , bank the 12 but hit it thin or you can double kiss if you try to get it lower. you get no benefit out of this just passing the shot to him to further your demise

2. for those with gumption hit the one thin off the 10 sending it up table on your side, with the 10 moving and with other balls toward your hole, and float the cue ball down where its best for you.

3. for the safety crowd hit the 15 combo and send the cueball off the side rail then lower rail behind the 11

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Play off the one stick whitey to the eleven, if I roll it right whitey is stuck below the eleven on the rail. Let em shoot from there.

B

beatle

Verified Member
or wack the 12 into the 3 and send them flyiing your way and hold the cue ball there or float it to the bottom.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If I were feeling frisky, I'd likely smack the 12 two rails into the stack, in attempt to splatter some soldiers over my way. Let the CB roll two rails near the foot rail. Being on 2 fouls, care must be taken not to scratch. IMO banking the 12 one rail softly to the stack is too passive here. I'd be looking to get some pool balls near my hole..;)

~Doc

Jimmy B

Verified Member
If I were feeling frisky, I'd likely smack the 12 two rails into the stack, in attempt to splatter some soldiers over my way. Let the CB roll two rails near the foot rail. Being on 2 fouls, care must be taken not to scratch. IMO banking the 12 one rail softly to the stack is too passive here. I'd be looking to get some pool balls near my hole..;)

~Doc

Yeah, I think it's too passive, also, Doc.. If I can do this, I think I would....Lot of right hand spin, I think.. Try to let that eight miss everything and go over to a juicy spot..

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
7/6 carom, cueball rolls off the 6 behind the 13 to the middle of the foot rail. Cueball banks out between the 3/11....hitting the center diamond on the foot rail. Natural shot coming off the six ball.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
me too my man.....

If it were just a little different, I'd be 5-railing that 12 ball!

But here, I don't see any choice but to get the 12 out of there. Right now, you can't play an uptable safe, but once the 12 is cleared, you can. That outweighs the benefit of a more lockup safe off the 15 or 1.

If I absolutely had to accomplish more than just clearing the safe, I'd probably go rail first and firm to clear the 12. That sends the 12 lower into the area where all the balls are and has better odds of popping something in front of my hole. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I like this shot.

beatle

Verified Member
wacking the 12 into the three gives you a good chance to make it that way and maybe another of the balls or so could go.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This is a chance to gain a decisive advantage and possibly score a ball. Bank the 12ball hitting it straight ahead with power, stick the cue ball and whack it hard. Shooting this shot with the speed suggested will move balls to your side and possibly pocket a ball. You will have the stack to protect the balls that were moved to around your pocket.

Dr. Bill

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
This is a chance to gain a decisive advantage and possibly score a ball. Bank the 12ball hitting it straight ahead with power, stick the cue ball and whack it hard. Shooting this shot with the speed suggested will move balls to your side and possibly pocket a ball. You will have the stack to protect the balls that were moved to around your pocket.

Dr. Bill

Totally agree. I am admittedly known to be a strategically minded player, and am always looking for the proper place to park whitey (but I do have my moments).:heh:heh

Nevertheless, in this particular situation, anyone who can't see the forest for the trees, while perusing this layout and the opportunity it presents, has a serious hole in their one pocket thinking cap.:rolleyes:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Dr. Bill

I completely agree there’s a high probability the the 7 or 9 can be pocketed. However I would like your opinion on wether it’s better to stick the QB or send it to the bottom rail. Many times when I’ve sprayed balls like that, sticking the QB and nothing went in, I left a return bank. There will not be a return bank available with the QB on the bottom rail.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
If 7-9 is a good kiss shot I would play that with an automatic shape on the 6. Looks a bit thick on the pic though so may resort to playing 12 into the stack as you guys suggest