My first eight and out!

crawdaddio

Verified Member
From
Urbana, IL
It was sweet. :D I am finally getting used to the strange patterns you have to play to run multiple balls in this great game. I ran 8 and out on a friend the other night............Made one on the break and never looked back. A couple banks worked right, as well as a tough cut from above the side pocket all the way down. Felt great. MOST IMPORTANTLY I never gave up a shot if I were to have missed. This game has improved my cb control immensely. Thanks to all at this fine site for supporting and loving this game :eek: And thanks for letting me brag a little bit :p
Peace
~DC

breakup

Verified Member
thanks for sharing, I got my first 8 & out in Urbana at the U of I student union. I can see the Gold Crown but I don't remember the number

cheers

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Secondary break shots...

Secondary break shots...

crawdaddio said:
It was sweet. :D I am finally getting used to the strange patterns you have to play to run multiple balls in this great game. I ran 8 and out on a friend the other night............Made one on the break and never looked back. A couple banks worked right, as well as a tough cut from above the side pocket all the way down. Felt great. MOST IMPORTANTLY I never gave up a shot if I were to have missed. This game has improved my cb control immensely. Thanks to all at this fine site for supporting and loving this game :eek: And thanks for letting me brag a little bit :p
Peace
~DC
If you did that off your opening break, you must have needed at least a little bit of a secondary break shot to get all eight. Do you remember what it was? Recognizing good secondary break shots -- and how to set them up -- seem to be a big key to running balls in One Pocket. That, and learning how to move from area to area around the stack to pick up the loose balls.

Players that have excelled at straight pool of course rarely have had trouble running bunches at One Pocket because they're used to picking off loose balls and opening up clusters...

crawdaddio

Verified Member
From
Urbana, IL
NH Steve said:
If you did that off your opening break, you must have needed at least a little bit of a secondary break shot to get all eight. Do you remember what it was? Recognizing good secondary break shots -- and how to set them up -- seem to be a big key to running balls in One Pocket. That, and learning how to move from area to area around the stack to pick up the loose balls.

Players that have excelled at straight pool of course rarely have had trouble running bunches at One Pocket because they're used to picking off loose balls and opening up clusters...

Yes I do. I got lucky and the balls happened to lay well for a difficult combination. With a little draw, I was able to pop a couple more out into the open.

~DC

r0ttie1

Verified Member
From
Phoenix
Pelican said:
Fantasic Crawdaddio. I doubt I will live long enough to do it but I sure love tryin' :D

Later, Pel
Keep at it. I haven't done it from the break, but I've went eight and out. And I'm a mediocre player at best. Just keep after it.