Pool Table Casket

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Wonder if there's a player out there that's laying in a cemetery SOMEwhere in the states (bet there is:) that had a casket with the top the exact dimensions of a real table. If it was me, with my ht. 6'6'', I'd find a couple bumper pool tables and Glue em to the top :D:D:D:D There cheap and Ya can find em in the dumpster at times :eek: I saw two cue sticks at two different funerals yrs ago, one inside the casket and the other that his family brought to display along with some of his lifes possessions.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Wonder if there's a player out there that's laying in a cemetery SOMEwhere in the states (bet there is:) that had a casket with the top the exact dimensions of a real table. If it was me, with my ht. 6'6'', I'd find a couple bumper pool tables and Glue em to the top :D:D:D:D There cheap and Ya can find em in the dumpster at times :eek: I saw two cue sticks at two different funerals yrs ago, one inside the casket and the other that his family brought to display along with some of his lifes possessions.

Bill, the GREATEST English Billiard player of ALL time, Walter Lindrum from Australia his grave is VERY unique!

View attachment 8431

Walter Lindrum's distinctive grave in Melbourne General Cemetery

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Bill, the GREATEST English Billiard player of ALL time, Walter Lindrum from Australia his grave is VERY unique!

View attachment 8431

Walter Lindrum's distinctive grave in Melbourne General Cemetery

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Thx, but anyone here in the US that did something similar? I was at a funeral (seems to be more often as of late). One of his three sisters got up to speak about him and such. One of the things that stuck out was ''sis'' saying how George had very little respect for you if you didn't know how to play pool but just drank and banged balls. He was a plumber/Fisherman/liked pool & a Drunk who died early. I realized when she read that, it was the reason George & I had mutual respect. Georges weakness other than Liquor was women, he was married 5 times, that's pretty dam good for a drunk plumber. Boy we sure do meet some characters while in a pool room melting pot....but they make life FUN.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
My dear friend and partner Jim Daugherty (Sidespin Jim) was buried with his stick and a cube of chalk in the casket. I suspect many have done this.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
My dear friend and partner Jim Daugherty (Sidespin Jim) was buried with his stick and a cube of chalk in the casket. I suspect many have done this.

Yeah a guy in town, a good 8 ball league player, actually died during a shot and fell on the table bed. My dad the same....while putting with his buddies on the 7th hole. Ya gotta think there must be Someone....Probably a snooker player :).
Frank your probably right, I'll have em chop off the BIG feet and I'll fiT....:eek: