G. Mathews vs. N. Varner 2000 D.C.C.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Wouldn't you just shoot that 12 into the wedge, pocketing the six, and letting the cue ball follow over there to the left so that the spotted ball is in between the cue ball and the seven??

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Grady has a 3-2 lead and it's his shot. What would you do?

The one ball lead means less than nothing to me. I don't want to play this kind of game against Nick. I want to get balls in play and I plan to keep moving them down table -- or at least to my side of the head rail -- every chance I get.

That 2 looks like it may be wired to Nick's hole, so I'm starting by cutting the 1 with 3 o'clock to make the 6 and trying to bump the 2 out in the open.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I would probably roll up into the 13 and have the CB come off the rail and try to freeze on the 12 or at least get behind it blocking the 7.

Hoping this would either force him to pocket a ball which would give me 2 or 3 balls to shoot at near or in my hole or he could try to play safe off the 12 which again could lend itself to giving me a shot at my hole.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Grady decided to kick one rail at the balls. I'm guessing he wanted to hit the 1 first but he hit the 2 instead. He did pocket the 6 ball.

gm shot.jpg

He left Varner here:

gm leave.jpg

gm leave1.png

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
just curious if it looked like he tried to cut the 3 towards his hole and just missed it?

I'm certain he wanted to hit the 1 solid, make the 6 and leave the cueball where Varner had to shoot over balls to move the 6 or 3. It was a bad decision even if he hit it perfect because he had no threats near enough to his pocket. Varner could always thin a ball and play safe.

I believe if Grady had not been on the T.V. table he would not have shot this shot. There's a reason Cornbread called them "phony ole T.V.shots".

P.S. My line shows he hit at least two inches from the 3. His eyes weren't that bad.

Dennis