Thank You - Nobody's More Surprised Then Me!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Hi All. Never expected this, but I won the MOT in Philadelphia this weekend. No more 6th to Henderson's 5th. LOL It truly is the land of brotherly love. :eek::)

First I want to thank Steve Booth for the website, Mitch Brown and everyone at Bluegrass Billiards for hosting the event this year, and Jeanne Long for her tireless work as our tournament director (and she has great handwriting).

I'm pretty mentally and physically tired at the moment but wanted to write down my thoughts before hitting the sack and my long flight home tomorrow. As mentioned, winning a tournament like this with so many excellent players was truly beyond my expectations and my pay grade (as Steve Booth would say :) ). I actually played well and took many flyers, but also lived up to my nickname of "courtesy inning Dave" as I sold out many times...but since we were in the city of brotherly love, the opportunities I gave my opponents were given back to me for some strange reason (planets aligned properly). So you see, I know on a different day or tourney things could have wound up completely differently for me, but not this time. :) Thank you all (you know who you are).

Those who watched me play can now understand why I don't participate often in the WWYD threads - I simply shoot at my hole. Eventually something will fall and I hope to run a few. There is so much experience in the group that has a ton of knowledge on the proper shot that I just try to read their posts and try to retain some of it. It's a bitch getting older.

But more importantly, I just wanted to say I Love This Group!!! I really enjoy meeting and playing with everyone of the members, win or lose. I've made some very nice friendships over the years w/the members and to get the chance to meet you all is a real treat that I do not take lightly. I haven't met anyone from this group I have not liked (except Kentucky hahahaha, who I've known for a very long time- so I'm joking) and I hope you all feel the same about me. But thanks to Steve Booth for creating this group and doing things like these MOT for us to meet, greet and compete.

I'm too tired to keep going but I do have a special message for Ben before signing off...

GO BLUE! :eek: haha

Peace. Out.
Dave

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Congratulations on the win. If you aren't mentally and physically tired after all that playing then you were not doing it right. It takes a lot out of a person when you're playing hard and that's the way it should be. Nice win and enjoy the glory. Maybe some day we'll get a chance to socialize a few games.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Congratulations on the win. If you aren't mentally and physically tired after all that playing then you were not doing it right. It takes a lot out of a person when you're playing hard and that's the way it should be. Nice win and enjoy the glory. Maybe some day we'll get a chance to socialize a few games.

I would like that, Frank. Thanks.

And I would like to thank Matt for the shirts (as always). Missed everyone that couldn't make it this year.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Congratulations....from the AK river valley

Congratulations....from the AK river valley

I'm happy for you, last event you were knockin' on the door, this time you walked in. :cool:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Thank gawd it’s over. No more breakfast milkshakes. Dave embarrassingly asked our waitress if I was a handsome guy. For his age.........
She turned 50 shades of red. Till the next breakfast Dave.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good for you, Dave. When I saw you play in Houston, I knew you had a good 1P game. You played fantastic for an old broken down senior.

Can't you beat anyone in Colorado? You had to fly all the way to Philly to get some wins??..:)

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Congratulations. You had me cringing a few times with some of your shot choices, but it worked out fine. Your ability to run some balls when you made them was outstanding.

I doubt I can hang with you anymore in one pocket, but I have been hitting the three cushion table a bit lately, so watch out.:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Great win dave....congratulations
it was nice to get to see you and talk to you again
and get a little table time with you on the Billiards table
Larry

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
12squared, Howdy;

Dave, great last match. was watching on & off all weekend and that last match
was the best of all. Thanks .

hank

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Congratulations Dave!

Congratulations Dave!

Congratulations Dave. A deserved win indeed. Were you able to find an "In N Out" burger place in Philadelphia? I guess the Philly cheese steaks are a good substitute.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Congrats buddy!!

I would say I am surprised but I am not, you have a great game and an even greater attitude! Sorry i missed it and hope to see you again soon!

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Congrats Dave.. You played great and even took time to talk to us on the stream and let us know what was going on.. Me and Hank were sweating it hard.. lol..fun weekend.. Great report...

keoneyo

Verified Member
Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. Congratulations Dave! Always a fan.