R. Martinez vs. E. Reyes 2010 D.C.C.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
the knee jerk answer is this for me
View attachment 14371

There's something funny here. On the screen the combo looks about 90%+ for Efren. If that's the way it really is, there's no WWYD to talk about (and hitting it softly probably only risks giving up one ball.) I suspect that for some reason Efren decided to two rail the 8 and draw his ball, meaning the combo must be different than it looks to us.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Poll

Poll

I guess it comes down to who would shoot the combo and who wouldn't.

It's not wired, but it's close enough for top players.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I guess it comes down to who would shoot the combo and who wouldn't.

It's not wired, but it's close enough for top players.

lol. I did a screenshot and drew a line just like that for my own purposes to look at it, but I didn't post it. Looks like you cut the ball just a tad and ,might can open them up like an umbrella. How can you pass on a winning shot like that? I have to go there..

unoperro

Verified Member
Efren probably played the 6 into the 7,and drew whitey behind the 8.
Anybody else feel that Efren plays way more aggresive when he leaves him self in a spot,as opposed to dealing with what opponent left him?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
There's something funny here. On the screen the combo looks about 90%+ for Efren. If that's the way it really is, there's no WWYD to talk about (and hitting it softly probably only risks giving up one ball.) I suspect that for some reason Efren decided to two rail the 8 and draw his ball, meaning the combo must be different than it looks to us.

That combo is not the nuts, you are right, Effie didn't like it at all and two-railed the 8. He parked it in the jaws. The cueball barely nudged the 6.

er1.jpg

He left it here for Martinez:

er2.jpg