Bill Cress passed away last night

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I last saw, and played Bill, about 12-13 years ago in Oregon - we had a good session - he was a strong One Pocket player, and he had a real good stroke.

RIP Bill, we'll play again some years down the road, Ghost

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Bill

Bill

It has been almost two years since Bill passed. We called him Diamond Bill when he was in Northern CA because he was running pretty good, had some nice jewelry, dressed nice and had a foxy young girlfriend who was starting to play some good pool with his help.

I spent a little time with him and he lectured me about liking to play too much. He said I needed to learn some patience and get to like the chair more and wait for better games.

He was a good all round player and great character who we still remember as one of the good guys.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
It has been almost two years since Bill passed. We called him Diamond Bill when he was in Northern CA because he was running pretty good, had some nice jewelry, dressed nice and had a foxy young girlfriend who was starting to play some good pool with his help.

I spent a little time with him and he lectured me about liking to play too much. He said I needed to learn some patience and get to like the chair more and wait for better games.

He was a good all round player and great character who we still remember as one of the good guys.

My mistake John...I just saw a post about him passing on az tonight and didn't notice that it was an old thread.

beatle

Verified Member
i remember him, he was a funny guy. clocked him at san jose billiards and saw how he bet and who he ran with, some good players. he was a gambler for sure but went for a good lock in the game. used to say something like im will from nob hill and never worked and never will.
he didnt know me at all and i was taking off a bar in the northwest for awhile and they ran him in on me. worked out good as he thought i couldnt play at all and bet big on screwy props.
so i got him into a trick game he had no chance at, and wouldnt bet him more than five bucks a game as i told him i needed to see how he played and conducted himself before i would raise the bet. i knew he played decently on a big table.
so naturally then he stalled real bad. but i bet the rail hard and busted them and never raised the bet with him and he only lost 30 or so bucks and didnt care, before he gave up.