Bogies Seniors One Pocket Tournament

Bogies Houston

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! As you know Bogies Billiards is hosting another Seniors One Pocket Tournament. As before Bill Fuller will run the tournament as he did an outstanding job last time.
New this year, Ray Hansen will stream the tournament. Ray does an excellent job of streaming and promoting these events, if you cannot make it, please tune in.
For those of you coming from out of town… I’m entertaining the thought of VIP seating. I can reserve 10 prime seats in the pool room for all 4 days. I would charge $100 a seat with $50 from each seat going into the tournament money “on top” of the 2K added. Please advise your thoughts on this.
I will also be setting up some challenge matches. The first 2 players eliminated from the tournament will square off for their $200 entry fee back, curtesy of Bogies Billiards and not effecting the Tournament Payout. I’m also working on another one but have not determined what is will be.
I look forward to hear from everyone and hope to see you at the event.

David Richardson
Owner: Bogies Billiards
Houston, TX
281-821-4544

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 0

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! As you know Bogies Billiards is hosting another Seniors One Pocket Tournament. As before Bill Fuller will run the tournament as he did an outstanding job last time.
New this year, Ray Hansen will stream the tournament. Ray does an excellent job of streaming and promoting these events, if you cannot make it, please tune in.
For those of you coming from out of town… I’m entertaining the thought of VIP seating. I can reserve 10 prime seats in the pool room for all 4 days. I would charge $100 a seat with $50 from each seat going into the tournament money “on top” of the 2K added. Please advise your thoughts on this.
I will also be setting up some challenge matches. The first 2 players eliminated from the tournament will square off for their $200 entry fee back, curtesy of Bogies Billiards and not effecting the Tournament Payout. I’m also working on another one but have not determined what is will be.

David Richardson
Houston, TX
281-821-4544

I don't know whether you found John or John found you, but you deserve each other. What you guys are doing for Old Dude One Pocket is amazing and much appreciated. I'll do anything I'm able to help out any time.

Thanks!

BTW, I feel like "The first 2 players eliminated from the tournament will square off for their $200 entry fee back, courtesy of Bogies Billiards and not effecting the Tournament Payout" is handin' me a hundred bucks... but I'll probably be the dog in that one too. :D

P.S. Is there any way you can keep that f'n Maurice from playin'? If he beat me I'd throw my cue stick in the river. :frus

:heh

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I don't know whether you found John or John found you, but you deserve each other. What you guys are doing for Old Dude One Pocket is amazing and much appreciated. I'll do anything I'm able to help out any time.

Thanks!

P.S. Is there any way you can keep that f'n Maurice from playin'? If he beat me I'd throw my cue stick in the river. :frus

Aw man
He told me you were one of his best friends.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

David Richardson
Houston, TX
281-821-4544

Dave,
I think you on ta something, it's a great idea for all. Players are not normally used to a pool room ''giving'' so much, it's most always a take situation. I look forward to meeting you and kickin' it with the guyz. You might also do a blind draw #'s 1-24 in a fish bowl for the spectators with a 1st and 2nd place, with third maybe getting a free burger/fries or????

See ya soon, last time I was in Houston, 1-91.

Sincerely,

Bill M.

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston
John

John

Thanks!

BTW, I feel like "The first 2 players eliminated from the tournament will square off for their $200 entry fee back, courtesy of Bogies Billiards and not effecting the Tournament Payout" is handin' me a hundred bucks... but I'll probably be the dog in that one too. :D

If you threw that stick in a river, the river would throw it back!!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

David Richardson
Houston, TX
281-821-4544

Thanks David. I had a ball at the last one and looking forward to making the trip from California again.

Maybe James Christopher and I can play a challenge match after finishing 1/2 in the first one.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If you threw that stick in a river, the river would throw it back!!

See, that's just the kind of stuff I'm tryin' to tell people 'bout you.... I paid over $37 (Cash) for that stick with imported ramie wood and a genuine leather tip... and all you can do is criticize.

Sheesh.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

David Richardson
Houston, TX
281-821-4544

Thank you for creating these Senior events!! One Pocket is very much alive and well in ALL AGES!!!!

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Going to be a LOT of fun!! I spoke to Red Waller, owned the famous Red's in Houston, and he is making plans to be here. Let the stories begin.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
First Dibs

First Dibs

John, I want first dibs to play. I am coming down on Wed. Can not play in tourney due to daughters wedding on 16th. I'll be there bright and early Thurs. What a great tournament and room. Hate to miss it. Bogies is one of the finest rooms for action and the setup is great on 9 footers. See you in April.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I just sent my check in the mail. I arrive early morning on Thursday and will be looking to match up to get accustomed to the tables. See youse guys there.

Tom

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Here is another poster for the event. Can't wait!!

Attachments

• bogies_seniors_one_pocket_classic_smaller.jpg
    bogies_seniors_one_pocket_classic_smaller.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 0

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Howard Vickery, Jerry Brunstetter, Mike Massey, Bobby Williams?, Bill Meacham

That's def not Bobby, it might be country something....I'll wait for my pop/up memory....Calvin comes to might. He was a good shortstop, I think he was more of bar table player, but that was What....35 yrs ago. Country Calvin seems to be surfacing in my brain.