Dcc reports

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
just got off the phone with the Ghost. he tells everyone hi.

then the conversation went something like this:

Miller: "What's up buddy?"
Ghost: "That fukn' Colonel Bille tried to put the hustle on me...."

playing $100 rack, our Bille put it on the Ghost four ahead at one point, sounds like he escaped financial ruin by the hair of his Casper.....

:D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I know this is a yarn, Col Billie would never play a hunnert a game.:D:D
I take back my for life offer of 10-7. Its now a standing offer until I'm broke. Five games should do it.:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
just got off the phone with the Ghost. he tells everyone hi.

then the conversation went something like this:

Miller: "What's up buddy?"
Ghost: "That fukn' Colonel Bille tried to put the hustle on me...."

playing $100 rack, our Bille put it on the Ghost four ahead at one point, sounds like he escaped financial ruin by the hair of his Casper.....

Not quite...I did not take Colonel Bille's name in vain..:D...but it's true, he did hustle the poor old Ghost..:(...I told you guys they call me the "over-spotter", but you didn't believe me - the Col said he needed 4 balls, so I gave it to him :frus for $100 a game...he then proceeded to win the first 4 games in a row.. :eek: :eek: :(...I then somehow managed to out-run the nuts for a minute, and won the next 3 in a row :eek: then we had to quit cuz Bille had his tournament bank game coming up.

- Over-spotter

PS, I've been in action - played Euro champion Alex Lely One Pocket last night - came out even.

PS, Hey John - talking to Dr. Bill last night..he made the over/under 20 minutes for us to have our first argument as partners against him..:eek: :D..I told him, he can bet as much as he wants, and we'll take the over...:heh

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Banks

Banks

I see from the DCC website that both Col. Bille and Rob Melrose won their first banks matches. Naturally JB won as well. Good going! I don't know who else from our group is playing in the banks.

Surprisingly, both Skyler Woodward and Shane VanBoening lost their first matches to players I haven't heard of. But the Kentucky woods are full of sharp-shooter bank players!

Looks like there are roughly 300 players in the banks event (estimate).

~Doc

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I see from the DCC website that both Col. Bille and Rob Melrose won their first banks matches. Naturally JB won as well. Good going! I don't know who else from our group is playing in the banks.

Surprisingly, both Skyler Woodward and Shane VanBoening lost their first matches to players I haven't heard of. But the Kentucky woods are full of sharp-shooter bank players!

Looks like there are roughly 300 players in the banks event (estimate).

~Doc

A lot of guys enter the banks just to have fun but also cover their admittance cost to watch the rest of the tournament. Its cheaper than buying the pass.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
A lot of guys enter the banks just to have fun but also cover their admittance cost to watch the rest of the tournament. Its cheaper than buying the pass.

Used to be true but not the last few years for sure.

Event pass is $100 and the Banks entry is $110.

At the Executive West I believe it was $75 for the Banks and $90 for the event pass. It was a big enough difference for a lot of people to enter the banks and not even show up for a match.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Used to be true but not the last few years for sure.

Event pass is $100 and the Banks entry is $110.

At the Executive West I believe it was $75 for the Banks and $90 for the event pass. It was a big enough difference for a lot of people to enter the banks and not even show up for a match.

2003-I think the banks was $50 and the one pocket $65. John Brumback knocked me out of both. The banks went down to the last ball on a bad table but the one pocket he had me locked up from "your match is on table 22."
In the banks towards the end, I was playing some kid who fired in straight backs like shooting straight in, but couldn't hit a cross corner. In the third and last game I broke and ran five, three people were watching us. On the TV table was Shannon and Truman. A loud roar went up and I went over to talk to a friend from Washington. "I just ran five and out on my guy" He turned to tell me that Truman ran 14 in a row over three games. I shrunk about two feet.:lol

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Col. Bille had a bad draw, and had to play Shannon Daulton.:( But Chicago Mike, Rob Melrose and JB are still undefeated after 3 rounds. Amazingly both VanBoening and Skyler Woodward went out 0-2!

Of local interest Jamie Farrell (New Orleans) is also 3-0. He just beat Ike.

I believe the one-pocket starts tomorrow.

~Doc

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Impossible to get on a table....hit a few with straightback, got saved by the Bell getting knocked off by a bank tourney game....
:)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
What about the action room. Usually tables there.

heading that way presently.....Dr. Bill and Gentile went after a couple professional poker players last night from what I hear....

Hacker is unbeaten 4 now, next draw at 10 EST, plays again tonight. Big Tres undefeated but had his hands full little while ago.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
heading that way presently.....Dr. Bill and Gentile went after a couple professional poker players last night from what I hear....

Hacker is unbeaten 4 now, next draw at 10 EST, plays again tonight. Big Tres undefeated but had his hands full little while ago.

The poker guys can play some. One of them is a former pro player and the other is part owner in a pool room in NY. They bet it up too.

They have matched up before.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Dcc reports

I got here around noon and it seems like a lot of onepocket.org guys here these year. Actually numbers up in general as i heard 412 in the Banks up from about 350 last year. Lots of Filipino players including Efren. A young Filipino Ignacio?? Being talked about but i have not seen yet. He strummed Dechaine in the 10 ball last night apparently.

Mike Eck looking like he is shooting pretty sporty in the banks so far! I saw Bille good-naturedly handle a Daulton drubbing as Shannon only missed about 3 times in the three racks it took him to pound on the good Col.

One of Skylar Woodwards losses was to "Forty" Hart, from the Philly or DC area who is actor Kevin Harts brother. Shoots pretty sporty, Forty does, lol. And looks like his brother.

Shortstop

Verified Member
From
Chisqztown
one of them boys was cornflakes.....from what I hear....:eek:

Chris never looks for easy competition...Looking to learn get lucky:cool:

Not this year...I`m gonna be in Las Vegas for Superbowl weekend & could not stay for the one-pocket.

keoneyo

Verified Member
one of them boys was cornflakes.....from what I hear....:eek:

That's Johnny Cornflakes Hennigan and Nicky Schulman. Both Million$ winners in poker. They bet it up high. Have no fear. John Robert Ballande should be there today. He's flying in with one of the HOB regulars. They will bet it up too.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Talked to Hennigan and he said his team took it down hill hill last night. Met a bunch of the .org guys today including the world famous Ghost. Just got back from watching the 100 rail bank game, Skylar had a slight lead. Looks like it will last late in the night. He came down with some flu crud yesterday by the way. His mom said he got some meds and was feeling a little better tonight but he looked like he was fading some when i left. But then again when i was 21 you would have had to drag me out feet first so i think he will bounce back.