Top 3 pick for DCC 1p this year?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Matchin, Pettipiece, Brown... I'm just not sure of the order.

I always knew you were a root root root for the home team guy,
and definitely the best athletic supporter I've ever seen or heard of... :)

Good luck and good playin to all the onepocket.org fellas attending... May the force be with you... :):D

Just ribbin ya long Strokin.. You know we tight...:)

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Im really surprised no one put Efrin in their top 3. He's only the greatest 1 pkt that ever played the game. so I'm picking efrin, alex and scott

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
gosh, i dont know..... whos playing good op these days? ill go with scott,danny and justin i guess, maybe corey and jb also, i think youll see one of these in finals......i wouldnt count efren out, ever.......

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
IMO:

One guy is about 6/7:1

Five or six guys are about 10/12:1

Five or six guys are about 20/25:1

Thirty or forty guys are about 50/75:1

300 are about a million to 1.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

FrenchAT

Verified Member
From
Augusta, Georgia
Alex
Corey
Hall

(no particular order)

I have your back with Corey, Cincy. However, I would never bet on Hall in a tournament and most especially at the Derby. Too much action for him to care about driving through a field that big for less $. Corey is without a doubt one of the most skilled pool players on the planet. However, I do believe his lack of effort and will for one pocket has subsided. Anyone who watched his match vs Alex last year should know that his ego will not allow him to get beat like that again. He has shown considerable progress over the last couple years and im expecting this year to be better. I'm putting the Ohio boy in my top 3. IM going Alex, Corey and Efren and not necessarily in that order. I'd never bet against Efren.lol

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I have your back with Corey, Cincy. However, I would never bet on Hall in a tournament and most especially at the Derby. Too much action for him to care about driving through a field that big for less $. Corey is without a doubt one of the most skilled pool players on the planet. However, I do believe his lack of effort and will for one pocket has subsided. Anyone who watched his match vs Alex last year should know that his ego will not allow him to get beat like that again. He has shown considerable progress over the last couple years and im expecting this year to be better. I'm putting the Ohio boy in my top 3. IM going Alex, Corey and Efren and not necessarily in that order. I'd never bet against Efren.lol

All very well said FrenchAT, and your observations about Hall are right on, if the purse was a lot larger and the race was to 7 games then he would be a force to reckon with... Nobody has to beat him, including Alex... If Hall decides he wants to win one of these DCC's and dedicates all of his efforts in that direction, he could win...

Short races and bracket draws tend to make tournaments a bit of a crap shoot, even among the elite players... There are a few players who's styles of play are a better fit for short race tournaments... IMO Alex's deliberate style and his overall ability puts him at the top of the food chain... and from what I've seen over the last year, Dennis Orcullo has learned to adopt a lot of Alex's habits... He definitely shoots as straight as anyone on planet earth and is learning the game at a geometric pace... Watch out for this guy, if he gets an easy stroll through bracket and gets in gear, he could win it...

Efren is the "Magician" and it's hard to leave him out, but unfortunately he has slipped a bit with age... A thing I'm more than a little bit familiar with :). He was the greatest, no question about it.. He was the Tiger Woods of the poolroom for 20 plus years at one pocket and nine ball... He struck fear in their hearts and their level of play went south when they faced him... But alas, Father Time has taken it's toll... It's very sad, but the mighty "Magician" might not ever make the top three again...:( I'm pulling for him as always, because he's such a good natured man and a gentleman of the first order... Hang in there old man...

As to Corey, it's strictly up to him, he definitely has the talent to win... it's his over active imagination that sometimes becomes his Achilles heel.. A failing he shares with Danny and Tony, IMO...

Alex/Dennis/ and Hall if he wants it bad enough...there are about 15 who could win it, but outside of the 15, the odds of winning are really long IMO...

Last edited:

FrenchAT

Verified Member
From
Augusta, Georgia
All very well said FrenchAT, and your observations about Hall are right on, if the purse was a lot larger and the race was to 7 games then he would be a force to reckon with... Nobody has to beat him, including Alex... If Hall decides he wants to win one of these DCC's and dedicates all of his efforts in that direction, he could win...

Short races and bracket draws tend to make tournaments a bit of a crap shoot, even among the elite players... There are a few players who's styles of play are a better fit for short race tournaments... IMO Alex's deliberate style and his overall ability puts him at the top of the food chain... and from what I've seen over the last year, Dennis Orcullo has learned to adopt a lot of Alex's habits... He definitely shoots as straight as anyone on planet earth and is learning the game at a geometric pace... Watch out for this guy, if he gets an easy stroll through bracket and gets in gear, he could win it...

Efren is the "Magician" and it's hard to leave him out, but unfortunately he has slipped a bit with age... A thing I'm more than a little bit familiar with :). He was the greatest, no question about it.. He was the Tiger Woods of the poolroom for 20 plus years at one pocket and nine ball... He struck fear in their hearts and their level of play went south when they faced him... But alas, Father Time has taken it's toll... It's very sad, but the mighty "Magician" might not ever make the top three again...:( I'm pulling for him as always, because he's such a good natured man and a gentleman of the first order... Hang in there old man...

As to Corey, it's strictly up to him, he definitely has the talent to win... it's his over active imagination that sometimes becomes his Achilles heel.. A failing he shares with Danny and Tony, IMO...

Alex/Dennis/ and Hall if he wants it bad enough...there are about 15 who could win it, but outside of the 15, the odds of winning are really long IMO...

100% agree that JH could win or be top 3 if he wanted. I also cannot deny the emergence of Dennis' one pocket game. As you say, he puts them in the hole as good as anyone. Unfortunately a lot of the guys most will pick to win will be in the action room all night with Danny, Frost, Gentile, Hall and others.lol

baby huey

Verified Member
There's no second tier player that can win the One Pocket except John Schmidt did it a few years ago and he just shot the lights out. Dee Adkins also did win many years ago before the event became as popular as it has become. Other than John and Dee doing what they did, I cannot disagree with any of the picks our group has made. I'm not disparaging those two players games, I just think it has to be one of about three players who will win it all. I think Alex, Scott and Dennis should be alive at the end UNLESS they decide the action (staying up all night) is more lucrative then the tournament itself.