Alex vs Scott---the bet

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
I think the people staking Scott would like to lower the bet more than they did if not just pull up all together.

I know the line is open for Alex.

If somehow (I don't know how he could) Alex lost this set, he would grab a coin, say "call it beech" and want to play another set immediately.

He followed Shane around relentlessly till Shane finally said "Uncle" and went home for over a month.

And he loves to cook breakfast for his kids, how can you not love the little fella?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Steve, if you believe that Pagulayan has the lock-down Hungarian nuts, and it would be extremely unlikely that he could lose, I'm curious what kind of weight you'd be willing to offer? If the line is open on Alex, and it's nearly a sure thing that he'll win, what kind of odds ought to be offered to someone willing to take Frost?

~Doc

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Steve, if you believe that Pagulayan has the lock-down Hungarian nuts, and it would be extremely unlikely that he could lose, I'm curious what kind of weight you'd be willing to offer? If the line is open on Alex, and it's nearly a sure thing that he'll win, what kind of odds ought to be offered to someone willing to take Frost?

~Doc

Most people took Scott getting 3-2, some even got 2-1. I know a couple trying to get out of it now, you could have it, it's 4 figures though. They'll probably make a settlement to get out of it though.

Do you think Scott will say "call it" when he loses this set?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Alex vs Scott---the bet

I love the heart he showed woofing with Scott. This whole match is fantastic.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Most people took Scott getting 3-2, some even got 2-1. I know a couple trying to get out of it now, you could have it, it's 4 figures though. They'll probably make a settlement to get out of it though.

Do you think Scott will say "call it" when he loses this set?
3-2 and 2-1 is the kind of weight I expected would be offered by those who strongly favored Alex, based on the pre-match commentary. Yet no one did so on this site.

In my case, I'd have to take Scott, getting 2-1, but not for 4 figures. I partake of "minimum wage" bets only.

I don't know Scott well enough to predict whether he'd want to immediately follow up with another set if he were to lose this one. My intuition says he would not. But I don't count out Scott to win it. And as I discussed on another thread: if they're truly starting to argue, as close as they're playing, and if it drags on for another day or two, then it's not out of the question that they'd both agree to pull up and cancel the match.

~Doc

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Doc,it loks like our bet was at the correct odds. while i liked alex to win the match i wouldn't have laid 3/2 and i wouldn't have even considered 2/1. keith