Helpless in Houston

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Never would have dreamed it would be this hard to play decent again! 6 sessions in, ( about 30 hours ) and I feel like "TIN CUP", I'm short strokin, I'm Jumpin up, I'm jerkin, my wrist turns in instead of straight through, I can't even hit the CB in the right spot about 50% of the time, my stroke looks like a fn Charles Barkley golf swing!!

Good news is my glucose levels are down somewhat, my back pain has started to ease up a bit, my muscles are beginning to say it's ok to stretch this way again, I've lost about 7 pounds, and I've been hustled by everyone whos even driven by the poolroom!!

I'm feeling good about it all though, it's taken on a life of its on, this desire to "PLAY AGAIN ".

Stumbling in here at one pocket.org and visiting with some of my old friends and rivals has lit a small fire in me that I thought had burned out a very long time ago.

Don't know just yet whether it will become a raging forest fire or a dying ember in the days to follow, I just know that I'm gonna enjoy it either way!

Jeff

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Never would have dreamed it would be this hard to play decent again! 6 sessions in, ( about 30 hours ) and I feel like "TIN CUP", I'm short strokin, I'm Jumpin up, I'm jerkin, my wrist turns in instead of straight through, I can't even hit the CB in the right spot about 50% of the time, my stroke looks like a fn Charles Barkley golf swing!!

Good news is my glucose levels are down somewhat, my back pain has started to ease up a bit, my muscles are beginning to say it's ok to stretch this way again, I've lost about 7 pounds, and I've been hustled by everyone whos even driven by the poolroom!!

I'm feeling good about it all though, it's taken on a life of its on, this desire to "PLAY AGAIN ".

Stumbling in here at one pocket.org and visiting with some of my old friends and rivals has lit a small fire in me that I thought had burned out a very long time ago.

Don't know just yet whether it will become a raging forest fire or a dying ember in the days to follow, I just know that I'm gonna enjoy it either way!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I'm in Houston for a few days if you would like to play some✈️

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Hi Jeff, I'm in Houston for a few days if you would like to play some✈️

Like I said, everybody that drives by!!! LOL!

Tom,

Nothing I'd like better, however I'm positive I would not be good enough competition for you right now, gimme a little time and I'll oblige.

Say Tom, my friend Rod usually plays everyday, he might dance with you.
I'm not trying to instigate anything here Tom, Rod, but I'd certainly like to meet you and I'd come watch you guys play for sure.

Whatta say Tom..... Rod?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Say Tom, my friend Rod usually plays everyday, he might dance with you.
I'm not trying to instigate anything here Tom, Rod, but I'd certainly like to meet you and I'd come watch you guys play for sure.

Whatta say Tom..... Rod?

Tom/Jim likes to play champs. He's probably looking for Sylver, but if he wants to play a hacker I'll be around.
Rod.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Jeff and Rod

Jeff and Rod

Tom/Jim likes to play champs. He's probably looking for Sylver, but if he wants to play a hacker I'll be around.
Rod.

If I didn't know you guys better I'd swear there was a lot of po-mouthin' goin' on. :rolleyes:

I'd eat a whole flock of turkey buzzards to be able to play as well as either one of you poor, elderly, hackers. :)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If I didn't know you guys better I'd swear there was a lot of po-mouthin' goin' on. :rolleyes:

I'd eat a whole flock of turkey buzzards to be able to play as well as either one of you poor, elderly, hackers. :)

Very funny John, sounds like you've been around awhile yourself, and you're not bad at it either, with that, "to be able to play as well" statement you made!!! Who's trying to rob this train anyway!

Seriously, I'm nowhere near ready yet, but Rod can defend himself quite well for an old codger, I'm sure he'd play Tompilot/Jim some if he was approached.

P.S. I'll go & watch and try to learn something.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Very funny John, sounds like you've been around awhile yourself, and you're not bad at it either, with that, "to be able to play as well" statement you made!!! Who's trying to rob this train anyway!

Seriously, I'm nowhere near ready yet, but Rod can defend himself quite well for an old codger, I'm sure he'd play Tompilot/Jim some if he was approached.

P.S. I'll go & watch and try to learn something.

Wish I could be there. I met JTom in New Orleans, but I'd sure like to meet you and Rod... I can't believe you guys are the pricks everyone says. :D

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Rod.

Hi Rod, Sylver doesn't really play much anymore but I'm sure you speed is close to his:)

Is you number still 1175? I sent you a text asking where you play. Anyways, I'm not playing to well right now so I got into the amateur 9 ball at bogies over the weekend. I should be able to play you some 1P tomorrow or Wednesday

Jim

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Hi Rod, Sylver doesn't really play much anymore but I'm sure you speed is close to his:)

Is you number still 1175? I sent you a text asking where you play. Anyways, I'm not playing to well right now so I got into the amateur 9 ball at bogies over the weekend. I should be able to play you some 1P tomorrow or Wednesday

Jim

Clicks @ Hwy290 and Hollister. 281-701-1175 until 1:30 pm. I don't carry my phone unless I'm expecting a call.
Rod.
P.S. I didn't receive a text. :sorry