One pocket expert in san francisco

edengilby

Hey,

I am currently working on a TV show for the History Channel about American Pool Hustling! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a One Pocket expert/enthusiast based in San Francisco or California?

I would love to talk to them! My email address is eden.gilby@northonetv.com please get in touch or comment below with people I can start tracking down.

Thank you

djg576

Jack Cooney, no contact info though. Ask around, he's somewhat mobile.

baby huey

Verified Member
There are quite a few in Nor Cal and So Cal. Billy Palmer in San Francisco and he can be contacted by talking with the Family Billiards staff in San Fran. Also John Henderson who contributes to this site. In So Cal I am available along with Wayne Pullen and Rich Grienier so just let us know.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Get a hold of Family Billiards. There is a guy who refinishes tables that used to be thebest player around, really knows the game.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Hey,

I am currently working on a TV show for the History Channel about American Pool Hustling! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a One Pocket expert/enthusiast based in San Francisco or California?

I would love to talk to them! My email address is eden.gilby@northonetv.com please get in touch or comment below with people I can start tracking down.

Thank you

No chance you're affiliated with the IRS... Right?

The tracking down, got me...

u12armresl

Verified Member
Billy Palmer and hustling?

Now Hawaiian Jimmy, different story.

Hey,

Thank you

frmn

Verified Member
I guess you have never seen Billy throw the red card.

keoneyo

Verified Member
You must talk to Jay Helfert. Been around since the60's. Knows everyone and all the stories. Promoter referee, backer, pool nut, pool detective, author, commentators etc

Ken Hoshide

From
Southern California
Hey,

Thank you

I would guess you're talking about "Frisco Jack" Cooney. He's probably in his late sixties or early seventies, now. Quite a gentleman, expert one pocket maestro, and unassuming road player. Jack and his wife travel where ever the action is and generates big cash one pocket games. Billy Incardona or Jay Helfert may know where Jack is.

beatle

Verified Member
i dont know about this guy but almost all want to get free info and talk and then they sell their show and get paid and the people that help get zip.

if i was asked i would negotiate money up front and see what he says.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
......you a phone #?

i dont know about this guy but almost all want to get free info and talk and then they sell their show and get paid and the people that help get zip.

if i was asked i would negotiate money up front and see what he says.

i think getting more background before talking seems like a good idea
exploring whats in it for me sounds reasonable too

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Eden

Eden

I talked to her. Nice lady from a company that films sports and other stories all over the world. They appear interested in gambling/hustling in pool and especially one pocket.

I have done some due diligence and this company is the real deal and we will try and set up a meeting when she gets to the Bay Area in July.

I will let you know how it goes. She is also visiting other sites in the USA, but I don't know the schedule.

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Too bad we lost JJ Jenkins a few years ago. JJ was a helluva historian about the game and players. Also sad to lose Cecil Tugwell. I believe Jack Kooney is living in Las Vegas. I don't know where Harry Platis is...

Here's who comes to my mind and can all be located in Los Angeles:

Little AL Romero
Walt Ladelle
Richard Grenier
Robert Tobin
Frank Almanza
Ken Hoshide
Wayne Pullen
Ken Thomason
James Bach
Phil Knight
Shorty aka 'Come To The Table'

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I talked to her. Nice lady from a company that films sports and other stories all over the world. They appear interested in gambling/hustling in pool and especially one pocket.

I have done some due diligence and this company is the real deal and we will try and set up a meeting when she gets to the Bay Area in July.

I will let you know how it goes. She is also visiting other sites in the USA, but I don't know the schedule.
John is Family's owner, Delbert Wong, still alive and kickin'? As you know he was a pretty fair player himself; but he probably has a ton of stories... I'm surprised that she hasn't heard of Tony Annigoni. Although he might not want to do much gratis.

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John is Family's owner, Delbert Wong, still alive and kickin'? As you know he was a pretty fair player himself; but he probably has a ton of stories... I'm surprised that she hasn't heard of Tony Annigoni. Although he might not want to do much gratis.

~Doc

Yes, Delbert is still around and I see him from time to time at tournaments. I gave her Delbert's name and phone number to contact him. I think the Cole Dickson Memorial is coming up soon at Delbert's Family Billiards. It is an added money 9 or 10 ball and will be streamed by Daniel at POV.

I have not seen or heard anything from or about Tony for some time. His pool room closed a while back and I do not know what happened to him.