Rule question: spotting balls.

cleary

I was playing a local pro, Zion Zvi, getting huge weight, 16-5. It was early in the game when he ran 6 or so balls and played safe. Well, when he went to spot his balls, he nearly ran out of room. One more ball wouldn't have fit.

So my question is, in that situation, where would a spotted ball go if there were no more room?

Skin

Verified Member
9.1 Balls are to be spotted on the foot spot, or in a direct line below the foot spot, and tightly frozen to other object balls that fall in or interfere with that line. However if the cue ball interferes, the spotted ball is to be placed on that line close to, but not quite frozen to the cue ball. In the event that the line below the foot spot is full and the bottom rail interferes with a spotted ball then balls are to be spotted on the same line, but above the foot spot.

http://www.onepocket.org/one_pocket_pool_rules.htm

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
In the event that the line below the foot spot is full and the bottom rail interferes with a spotted ball then balls are to be spotted on the same line, but above the foot spot.

Skin

Red Shoes said:
Above the spot, straight line.

I'm confused since these posts were several hours apart:confused: . Which is the correct way?

RBL