WOP autographs

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I'm experimenting with posting picture. Here is a page from my Winning One Pocket book. Do you know most of these? Better question... how many have you played?
20131224_142916_resized_2.jpg

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'm experimenting with posting picture. Here is a page from my Winning One Pocket book. Do you know most of these? Better question... how many have you played?
View attachment 9335

Of the one's I could read. I played only nine.
Roger Griffis, Grady Mathews, Mike Sigel, Cliff Joiner, Bill Stanton, Jack Briet, Eddie Kelly, Earl Strickland, Jeremy Jones.

I spent time with, Jay Swanson, James Brown ( if it's the same one), David Matlock, Eddie Talyor, Bugs Rucker, Rafael Martinez.
Rod.
P.S. Swason, Matlock, and Taylor were the most unassuming.

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
I've played only 2.

I am 0-2 so far. Could be worse.

I played John Schmidt first. I was constantly kicking 3 rails to hit a ball. I still need work on that.

When I played Raphael Martinez....there was no talking. He didn't talk, so I didn't. Which was OK, my racking didn't take long. That man has a game face.

Frank...that's a great list of signers.

I'll bet you have played a few.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I don't think I have played any of them, but I have photographed quite a few of them :D:D

...and our HOF honors some of course

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
11 only. I cant believe Frank could put up a list where I wouldnt have played more players than anybody else! Too many "younger" players. I consider Jeremy Jones a younger player.

Beard

Strike that. Make it 12. Edwin Kelly is the Eddie Kelly right?

Strike what you just struck. Make it 14, with a couple maybe's to go even higher. I may have played Jay Swanson banks at the Rack, and I am pretty sure I might have played Raphael at the Billiard Cafe in Chicago.

I knew that old sonuvabeach Henderson couldnt have played more of those guys than me! Good thing I checked and rechecked.

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
11 only. I cant believe Frank could put up a list where I wouldnt have played more players than anybody else! Too many "younger" players. I consider Jeremy Jones a younger player.

Beard

Strike what you just struck. Make it 14, with a couple maybe's to go even higher. I may have played Jay Swanson banks at the Rack, and I am pretty sure I might have played Raphael at the Billiard Cafe in Chicago.

I knew that old sonuvabeach Henderson couldnt have played more of those guys than me! Good thing I checked and rechecked.

I am sure I played another one or two who were in disguise.:lol

Some of mine were in tournaments and not for the cheese, and the ones I did gamble wih probably got the dough.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Of the one's I could read. I played only nine.
Roger Griffis, Grady Mathews, Mike Sigel, Cliff Joiner, Bill Stanton, Jack Briet, Eddie Kelly, Earl Strickland, Jeremy Jones.

I spent time with, Jay Swanson, James Brown ( if it's the same one), David Matlock, Eddie Talyor, Bugs Rucker, Rafael Martinez.
Rod.
P.S. Swason, Matlock, and Taylor were the most unassuming.

Rod, that is Youngblood James Brown. I believe he was from Texas. I got his autograph in 1993 at the LA Open. The one pocket there was won by Steve Cook. I also have his autograph.

Other names here that may not be recognizable are Mike Boyce under Matlock, Leonardo Andam under Lebron, and Ralf Souquet bottom right corner under Santos.

I tried to have another sheet of paper with me to print their name when getting autographs in case some would be illegible like the one under Ed Kelly. I can't remember who that was. Maybe someone here can help me out with that.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

Beard

Sorry Freddy but my list has me playing 15 of them. I might add one more because I'm not sure about Chamat ( I think he snuck in on me). Maybe my list is longer because I'm from the younger generation.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I don't think I have played any of them, but I have photographed quite a few of them :D:D

...and our HOF honors some of course

Steve, you're also in my book along with John Henderson. Island Drive, I need yours.

P.S. there's a few here in this site that I would love to get also. Freddy you're one of them if you ever leave your area since I doubt that I will ever get out your way.
Gulfportdoc hooked me up with Marshall Carpenter a couple of years ago and I was able to get Marshall to send me His autograph and I pasted it under his picture in the book. I might have to do this with yours.

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sorry Freddy but my list has me playing 15 of them. I might add one more because I'm not sure about Chamat ( I think he snuck in on me). Maybe my list is longer because I'm from the younger generation.

Dagnabit!

Beard

I guess I will have to live off of the laurels of my all-time, oldies beat list.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Steve, you're also in my book along with John Henderson. Island Drive, I need yours.

P.S. there's a few here in this site that I would love to get also. Freddy you're one of them if you ever leave your area since I doubt that I will ever get out your way.
Gulfportdoc hooked me up with Marshall Carpenter a couple of years ago and I was able to get Marshall to send me His autograph and I pasted it under his picture in the book. I might have to do this with yours.

You got the book, right Frank? I know I autographed it.

Beard

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Wow, I'm in pretty good company then!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
View attachment 9335

I have played at least 23 of the players that autographed your book, I noticed the Santo's is in there twice. Boyce i may have played but I can't remember who he is. Also the last autograph in your book is too hard for me to make out who it is. :confused:

Jeez!! i'm feeeling older all the time, anyways Merry Christmas and I wish I would of collected all the greats and their autographs, great job.

Bill Incardona