Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2018, 09:44 AM
Verified Member

nice shot whitey
Old 04-23-2018, 09:52 AM
Verified Member

Default Slow motion stroke bank!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QmA...w?usp=drivesdk

I felt that the last video was a blink and you would miss the shot, so I did one in slow motion. Upon viewing the video it became glaring that I mistakenly said to use LH english, instead of RH english, oops! Double click on video arrow to make the video larger.

Androd & also NH Steve pointed out on this shot the use of center ball is acknowledge the best way to make these types of banks. And yes being self taught I did not know of this method, so I then tried this shot by Androd method of a 3 o'clock stroke and it is much easier, and I even made it at half a ball width from rail. But my method holds merit if you need that type of positioning.

Who would of thought 50 yrs. after I did this shot that I would be threading it! I want to thank OnePocket.org founder and members for creating this great site and as a goal to pass on info & knowledge for the advancement of the game.

PM me if your having difficulty making this shot, but I would suggest first hitting it straight on and having 15 go past cross side pocket, and then start zeroing in on getting it closer. Also using a M/hard tip to hard tip will make the cue ball respond quicker drawing back out of the way. thanks, Whitey

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 05-09-2018 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Androd method is at 3 o'clock, I had it at 5, oops!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:09 AM
Verified Member

it looks even better in slo motion
nice shot whitey
Old 07-06-2018, 12:44 AM
Verified Member

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QL7qyF5j6DUsPEeo9

This is the same shot except the 13 is just a half ball width off the 3rd diamond, and I am using Androd's stroke. Hitting the 13 straight on with 3 -o'clock. The sound of my voice is off but I'am saying this is Androd's method of banking this shot. His method allows the 13 to be stroked in at only a 1/2 ball off the rail, instead of my method which can not be made that close to the rail.

Click on the video and it will give you a little better perspective! Thanks, Androd!

I think I need to be corrected for I am hitting it at nearly 5-o'clock whereas Androd suggests 3 o'clock, which is far right hand english center ball, which I have made this shot easily @ a 1/2 ball off 3rd. diamond, using his method! I think the reason I made it this time is because I used so much right hand english. If I would of shot it Androd's 3'oclock center ball then the cue ball would of just sat right there upon contact!
enjoy, Whitey

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 07-06-2018 at 02:47 PM.