danny vs gabe,,want your thoughts

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
first of all it been an incredible match
thanks to danny and gabe to step up and play..:)
right now its 42/39 danny but in the game its 7/3 gabe
my thoughts
do you think that gabe hanging so close with "only " a ball at 9 - 8
makes his game "appearance" stronger and
danny's "appearance" not so high on the "king of the hill " list ?

baby huey

Verified Member
The Gabe from 5 years ago easily win this match. But he might not be getting spotted. Danny has game and banks so well so if it continues on like it is, I like Gabe to get in stroke and win.

salamander

The Gabe from 5 years ago easily win this match. But he might not be getting spotted. Danny has game and banks so well so if it continues on like it is, I like Gabe to get in stroke and win.

I thought maybe I was the only one who felt this way. Everyone who is saying that Gabe has no business matching up with Danny doesn't remember the Gabe from a few years ago. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how well he is playing, but I also think that Gabe from a few years ago might make for a good even match with no spot.

Gabe is particularly good at running balls....as most will remember he won the Derby City Classic "break and see how many you can run contest". I don't remember the score he attained offhand, but it was REAL high, and pretty much blew the competition out of the water. Of course that is only one facet of the game; banking, as John Schmidt figured out playing Billy Thorpe, should not be underated.

I guess that is what I love about this game so much; all the varying strengths that different players bring to the table and how they compete with each other.

Eengat

Verified Member
little thread regarding the status of the contestants and quality of the game
at least what i have been watching was very inspiring and impressive
i get goosebumps thinking i'd get that much heat with every shot of my opponent
they never seem to buy time when in a jam...always action, always keeping on sending soldiers, meanwhile protecting the rock
amazing

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I thought maybe I was the only one who felt this way. Everyone who is saying that Gabe has no business matching up with Danny doesn't remember the Gabe from a few years ago. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how well he is playing, but I also think that Gabe from a few years ago might make for a good even match with no spot.

Gabe is particularly good at running balls....as most will remember he won the Derby City Classic "break and see how many you can run contest". I don't remember the score he attained offhand, but it was REAL high, and pretty much blew the competition out of the water. Of course that is only one facet of the game; banking, as John Schmidt figured out playing Billy Thorpe, should not be underated.

I guess that is what I love about this game so much; all the varying strengths that different players bring to the table and how they compete with each other.
My thoughts too. I wondered if as the session went on, Gabe would get back into form...

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
My thoughts too. I wondered if as the session went on, Gabe would get back into form...

I watched em stuggle at the US Open because of the table. The play conditions now, and when he won the Open are completely different. His old school play style, groomed around OK in his youth, and the Gold Crowns he was weaned on, show up at the wrong time. It's tough to readjust ones muscle memory, when he already had it right the first time. The problems he had at the open, Alan Hopkins also experienced, with a smile.