Diamond's One Pocket

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I have been sweating the action and the tournament at Diamond's the last few days. The streaming video is a little ragged, but they are working on it, and you can still follow the games on three tables. There are three players left in the tournament - Billy Incardona, Roger Griffis & Cliff Joiner. I was impressed with Roger's game when he beat Ike Runnels, a very good player & I watched most of that match. Billy beat T-Rex twice, who went off to Billy pretty good a few weeks ago giving him big weight. Wonder what he thinks of that game now.

They tee it up again at 6pm tonight & it is worth watching. Hopefully there will be more of these in the future.

ugotaction

Verified Member
Diamonds One-Pocket Tournament

Diamonds One-Pocket Tournament

Well I assure the sweating was much better in person. Roger had the bye in the first round and was handily throttled in the second by the Lizard. When I left late Tuesday night he was still debating a buy back. I'm glad that I didn't take any bets on him going any further. Ike is such a great player and plays this game all the time. I was a little surprised that Roger was able to beat him

Roger still shoots very straight, but I guess I underestimated his one hole speed. After Newkirk beat Joyner in the second round I should have known that anything could happen and usually does!

you are right about Chohan/Incardona, they matched up just about every time they had a moment to spare. Billy was still getting the best of it. I think he was getting the hit and the pick but from what I saw he really didn't need it. Billy was playing VERY well

I hope this tournament garners more attention in the future. I'm sure that the Open starting next week affected attendance, but it was STILL GREAT!!!

Diamonds did a good job getting things going. It was a little slow to start but when are pool players EVER on time...

You couldn't ask for better playing conditions

senor

Verified Member
ugotaction said:
Well I assure the sweating was much better in person. Roger had the bye in the first round and was handily throttled in the second by the Lizard. When I left late Tuesday night he was still debating a buy back. I'm glad that I didn't take any bets on him going any further. Ike is such a great player and plays this game all the time. I was a little surprised that Roger was able to beat him

Roger still shoots very straight, but I guess I underestimated his one hole speed. After Newkirk beat Joyner in the second round I should have known that anything could happen and usually does!

you are right about Chohan/Incardona, they matched up just about every time they had a moment to spare. Billy was still getting the best of it. I think he was getting the hit and the pick but from what I saw he really didn't need it. Billy was playing VERY well

I hope this tournament garners more attention in the future. I'm sure that the Open starting next week affected attendance, but it was STILL GREAT!!!

Diamonds did a good job getting things going. It was a little slow to start but when are pool players EVER on time...

You couldn't ask for better playing conditions

I know it has been said somewhere in one of these threads, but how many players got paid?

ugotaction

Verified Member
Brackets and Payouts

Brackets and Payouts

Here is a link to Diamonds website. You can find the results and payouts there.
It was on the main page but its been moved to "latest news". The links are at the bottom of the page

http://www.pool-action.com/index.php

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
ugotaction said:
Here is a link to Diamonds website. You can find the results and payouts there.
It was on the main page but its been moved to "latest news". The links are at the bottom of the page

http://www.pool-action.com/index.php

I see Billy & T-Rex are were playing again last night & Billy is still getting a little weight. Wonder how many stake horses Tony has gone through. Can't believe there is not more interest on this board in the tournament and the action. Some of the best playing for several days and very little response and/or comments here. Finals between Billy & Cliff are tonite.

ugotaction

Verified Member
the forums on AZBILLIARDS

the forums on AZBILLIARDS

jrhendy said:
I see Billy & T-Rex are were playing again last night & Billy is still getting a little weight. Wonder how many stake horses Tony has gone through. Can't believe there is not more interest on this board in the tournament and the action. Some of the best playing for several days and very little response and/or comments here. Finals between Billy & Cliff are tonite.

The Forums on AZBilliads had some posts as well... I think it was promoted
as much over there... maybe more.

I was hoping for a little more banter myself

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
jrhendy said:
Man, Billy has really taken care of business!! I don't believe he can beat cliff in a race to 5 even. But he's been mowin' them down this week! I'm surprised he's making such short work of Chohan. Of course we all have someone we don't play well against. Maybe Chohan's is Incardona.

Doc

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Anybody having any luck?

Anybody having any luck?

I have only been able to tune into Diamond once in the last 2 weeks. And then it was not a match. Tonight, no luck again. Getting, page cannot be diaplayed, how about you John.?

They need to take some streaming lessons from JCIN

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
suki said:
I have only been able to tune into Diamond once in the last 2 weeks. And then it was not a match. Tonight, no luck again. Getting, page cannot be diaplayed, how about you John.?

They need to take some streaming lessons from JCIN

Sometimes it takes six or eight tries, but I get in. Cliff just beat Billy to win the match about five minutes ago. It wasn't great streaming and no commentary, but it was a start and I enjoyed watching it. I'm sure it will get better.

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
guess u dont go to azbilliards forum

guess u dont go to azbilliards forum

ugotaction said:
what is this "JCIN" is that a person or a place?

He is the guy that is the action report. streamed the svb vs. corey duel match from olathe, ks.

ugotaction

Verified Member
Yes, they do a very good job over there

Yes, they do a very good job over there

I was there a couple of weeks ago and yes they do a great job.
I just didn't put 2 and 2.5 together.