One Pocket anyone...?

starfix_1

From
Lafayette, La.
I am currently working in Boston, Mass. I cannot believe after soliciting everyone in several pool halls I can't even get a game. Is this an epidemic? Is the dollar so tight people cannot even afford to play for 10-20 a game.:( I go back to work on Friday and tomorrow I am going to see if the people of Rhode Island want to make a little money- God knows I am trying to give it away.

I even called the founder of this site and left a message for him to call. I will drive all the way to New Hampshire to find a game if one exist.

Two years ago I came here and it was the same action. I just want to thank the one guy who actually stood up and played- Owner of Country Club- so thanks...:cool:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
starfix_1 said:
I am currently working in Boston, Mass. I cannot believe after soliciting everyone in several pool halls I can't even get a game. Is this an epidemic? Is the dollar so tight people cannot even afford to play for 10-20 a game.:( I go back to work on Friday and tomorrow I am going to see if the people of Rhode Island want to make a little money- God knows I am trying to give it away.

I even called the founder of this site and left a message for him to call. I will drive all the way to New Hampshire to find a game if one exist.

Two years ago I came here and it was the same action. I just want to thank the one guy who actually stood up and played- Owner of Country Club- so thanks...:cool:

Hey starfix, Forgeddabout those uptight NewEnglanders - Just come visit Chicago instead next time.......

....The One Pocket Ghost, self proclaimed-Official-City of Chicago-Greeter of visiting One Pocket players, would be honored to rob...oops, I meant to say join you in a neighborly game of the greatest game in the world - One Pocket..........^_^

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
starfix_1 said:

If you called me, I must have missed it. Try me again; I would play this Saturday if you are available.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
"would be honored to rob...oops, I meant to say join you "

Bet ya the Ghoster had it right the first time :D

Pel

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Pelican said:
"would be honored to rob...oops, I meant to say join you "

Bet ya the Ghoster had it right the first time :D

Pel

The Ghost is way too smart & tough. When he was in Southern California I offered to play some cheap if he came up to Hard Times in Sacramento. He wanted a plane ticket, that way it would be all profit. Somebody else won my Social Security check that month. I may have a chance with my new Chuck Starkey cue when I get used to it.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
The Ghost is way too smart & tough. When he was in Southern California I offered to play some cheap if he came up to Hard Times in Sacramento. He wanted a plane ticket, that way it would be all profit. QUOTE]

John....Come on now, you've got it backwards....I needed the plane ticket to make up for all of my cheese that I was going to lose to you !

jt10ball

starfix_1 said:

I missed your post by a few days but am available this afternoon (Sunday). Snookers in Providence has free pool today.

Joe T

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
jt10ball said:
I missed your post by a few days but am available this afternoon (Sunday). Snookers in Providence has free pool today.

Joe T
Hi Joe! I actually did end up playing a little one pocket for a few hours Thursday with Mike, and he mentioned Providence, and I mentioned your name. I just have precious little free time -- maybe next time Mike is available it would work for him to come down to RI. You guys should exchange a PM with your contact info...

jt10ball

NH Steve said:
Hi Joe! I actually did end up playing a little one pocket for a few hours Thursday with Mike, and he mentioned Providence, and I mentioned your name. I just have precious little free time -- maybe next time Mike is available it would work for him to come down to RI. You guys should exchange a PM with your contact info...

Yeah I know about limited time. Only reason I have today is because I couldn't get away to NJ for the Joss event.

I always forget to check in on 1 pocket.org so if you ever need me or anyone is looking for a game just have'em contact me thru my sites email.

Joe T hasn't played a serious game of 1 hole in over 2 yrs!!!!

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
One-pocket in Boston

One-pocket in Boston

Hi all,
I had the same problem finding a game of one-pocket in Boston when I moved here a few years ago and I only ever found a game at Country Club USA billiards in Chelmsford, MA. I was used to Chicago where it was easy to get a game. I still miss Chris's and the sessions with "Ghost".

So, I was very surprised when I walked into Boston Billiards (the one by Fenway) a couple Sundays ago to kill a few hours and easily found a one-pocket game. The guy I played said that there are several guys who play one-pocket in there and introduced me to a few players who I imagine I'll match up with in the next month or so. I normally run far far away from places like Boston Billiards, but they now have a lower rate for the before 5pm hours ($3/hour I believe), which seems to mean they want to encourage real pool playing. In any case, check it out sometime. It seems like anytime after 1pm is a good time on Sunday. And best probably to avoid those Red Sox game days... :)

Twister