Is there a Bonus Ball conflict with DCC?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
... and what players might it effect?

I have tried wading into a couple of the Bonus Ball threads on AZ, but could not muster the time to read everything. I am hoping for a shorter current version. Is the current BB schedule (apparently postponed & rescheduled a couple times) going to create conflicts for Bonus Ball players during the DCC?

I have not read much about Bonus Ball, but I presume Diamond must not be involved or there would be no conflict??

Why is it that pool's history is so filled with one promoter going after other promoters with obvious direct schedule conflicts, and restrictive contracts -- as if we already have too many major events & there is not room for everyone, lol??

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Bonus Ball

Bonus Ball

I have tried wading into a couple of the Bonus Ball threads on AZ, but could not muster the time to read everything. I am hoping for a shorter current version. Is the current BB schedule (apparently postponed & rescheduled a couple times) going to create conflicts for Bonus Ball players during the DCC?

I have not read much about Bonus Ball, but I presume Diamond must not be involved or there would be no conflict??

Why is it that pool's history is so filled with one promoter going after other promoters with obvious direct schedule conflicts, and restrictive contracts -- as if we already have too many major events & there is not room for everyone, lol??

As I understand it, when they start in early January(Hopefully) they will play for 26 weeks in the arena in Las Vegas that was built for Bonus Ball. All the team members are in Las Vegas and being paid, even though they have not started playing yet. It appears to me, after reading some of the threads, there is a conflict with DCC and other tournaments for players that are scheduled to play when that tournament is being held.

Lenny is working with them, so maybe he can give us more information.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Bonus Ball

Bonus Ball

Here is their website. www.playbonusball.com. They are spending huge $$ on this, paying players a salary and building an arena for the teams to compete in Las Vegas.

There is a lot of knocking going on, but that is the way pool is. It will be a good thing if it works.

bernie p

Verified Member
Steve,

My understanding is that the players are permitted to play in other tournaments as they wish, at which point the absent player would not be paid by Bonus Ball for that week. A nominated substitute player would step in to play and be paid in lieu of the original player.

(Do not quote me on this, but Lenny may be able to confirm).

Thanks.

Bernie.