I'm calling out Mr. Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Fatboy said:
you dont understand whats wrong with me, I have had 5 majr back operations in the past 24 months, before that I was into bodybuilding for 14 years and have alot of muscle, when i start the gym I will gain weight as my muscle bellys fill up again, I have been in bed for the past 3.5 years because of pain. I'm not that fat anyways. The name Fatboy was a joke back in 86.
i can understand. and for someone who was a body builder to put in all that time to go for the perfect physique(sp) and now not be able to work out and look the way you want must be hell on earth. i just sometimes overreact about weight because i did it. so can someone else. at least you can play pool and have a good score in banks coming soon i hear through the grapevine:)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
i can understand. and for someone who was a body builder to put in all that time to go for the perfect physique(sp) and now not be able to work out and look the way you want must be hell on earth. i just sometimes overreact about weight because i did it. so can someone else. at least you can play pool and have a good score in banks coming soon i hear through the grapevine:)
The doctor put Freddy on bank pool therapy only. Tell he can strech and walk. And playing banks you only have to bend half over. Fats use the bank and he almost stood straight up. And he banked great. And Fats loved hustlers. But not Squares.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
lll said:

you do understand, i put as much time into my body as i did my pool game, genitics are the equivalant to talent in pool, if you dont have it-you dont have it. I never had a body that I could compete with, but I looked good, felt good and was proud of my body. Its gone now and yes it hurts, I cryied walking out of the gym about 4 years ago, when I knew I was done.

When I go back to the gym here soon, I cant ever train like I did before-I am just going to see if I can get fit and feel better. That will help my pool game as well.

I'm looking foward to playing Freddie I might get my nuts shot off, I might not. Artie aint going to double steer me. I dont know as much as Mr. Beard does about banks but I have to play him. He needs me on his list. So between now and Derby thats going to be my goal, banks and getting more fit.

best
eric :)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Nuts shot off?

Nuts shot off?

Fatboy said:
you do understand, i put as much time into my body as i did my pool game, genitics are the equivalant to talent in pool, if you dont have it-you dont have it. I never had a body that I could compete with, but I looked good, felt good and was proud of my body. Its gone now and yes it hurts, I cryied walking out of the gym about 4 years ago, when I knew I was done.

When I go back to the gym here soon, I cant ever train like I did before-I am just going to see if I can get fit and feel better. That will help my pool game as well.

I'm looking foward to playing Freddie I might get my nuts shot off, I might not. Artie aint going to double steer me. I dont know as much as Mr. Beard does about banks but I have to play him. He needs me on his list. So between now and Derby thats going to be my goal, banks and getting more fit.

best
eric :)

Eric, they might get "Squooze" off, but I doubt they will get shot off. I am putting in a request: Is there such a thing as old man dope? I may need to revert to chemical warfare ala Jimmy Reid, but what the hell can an old man take nowadays? I heard 800mg Ibuprofen is the latest for the senior circuit. What is it that SJD takes along with his Yukon Jack? Geritol?

the Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
fred bentivegna said:
I may need to revert to chemical warfare ala Jimmy Reid, but what the hell can an old man take nowadays?
That depends upon whether you want pepping up, calmed down, better concentration, or just made to feel better in a general way.

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:
Eric, they might get "Squooze" off, but I doubt they will get shot off. I am putting in a request: Is there such a thing as old man dope? I may need to revert to chemical warfare ala Jimmy Reid, but what the hell can an old man take nowadays? I heard 800mg Ibuprofen is the latest for the senior circuit. What is it that SJD takes along with his Yukon Jack? Geritol?

the Beard

Fred, I used to take acid, now I take antacid.
Rod.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Thats funny, chemical warfare is Ibuprofen 800, tlynols, Geritol, and Vit B-12. Times have changed, and we can drink Ensure and Pedialite.

All jokeing aside, if you want I can talk to Justin at TAR and we can make a appointment to play 2-3 hours at a time on the TV table, I bet there will be alot of people watching. lets play 9 ball banks for $500-$1000/game.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Fatboy said:
Thats funny, chemical warfare is Ibuprofen 800, tlynols, Geritol, and Vit B-12. Times have changed, and we can drink Ensure and Pedialite.

All jokeing aside, if you want I can talk to Justin at TAR and we can make a appointment to play 2-3 hours at a time on the TV table, I bet there will be alot of people watching. lets play 9 ball banks for $500-$1000/game.

Will this be a "challenge" table..?..:D

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Betting it up

Betting it up

Fatboy said:

I guess you seen that other post I made about playing for $10 a game. Keep in mind, I chose to play for $10 to stay in action. But you got action. If I shake, I shake. Wouldnt be the first time.

the Beard

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
fred bentivegna said:
I guess you seen that other post I made about playing for $10 a game. Keep in mind, I chose to play for $10 to stay in action. But you got action. If I shake, I shake. Wouldnt be the first time.

the Beard

we can play for $10/game. I didnt see any other post(sorry), As long as I have something bet its all the same with me. I'm not trying to make a score playing you, i'm smarter than that. I just want to play you. I asked Archer before we were friends in 86 to play for $10 or $20/game. I didnt know I was going to be close friends with him down the road. I had way the worst of it I just wanted the experience

There is more to life than $$$, I'm playing you to win.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
fred bentivegna said:

the Beard
Fred, I think you finally got yourself a game, hope you don't back out, it would be damaging to the already bruised Chicagoans egos.:p

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I am not a nit

I am not a nit

Fatboy said:
we can play for $10/game. I didnt see any other post(sorry), As long as I have something bet its all the same with me. I'm not trying to make a score playing you, i'm smarter than that. I just want to play you. I asked Archer before we were friends in 86 to play for $10 or $20/game. I didnt know I was going to be close friends with him down the road. I had way the worst of it I just wanted the experience

There is more to life than $$$, I'm playing you to win.

Now you're almost insulting me. I said I play 10$ a game here because that is the standard action bet in this creep town, not that that was all I would play for. I certainly aint going to DCC to play $10 a game. Especially in front of my fans. Yes, thats right, I have many fans, OUTSIDE OF CHICAGO. I have sold only about 100 books and DVDs in the Chicago area of 6 million. Everywhere else, over 10,000. I have never been in a poolroom for any length of time, anywhere in the country, where I had to pay for practice time, except in my home city. I am a celebrity everywhere else but my home town. Jealousy and resentment rides high here. I went to a little tourn 100 miles outside of Chicago, when I walked into the joint they acted like they wanted to throw a parade.

the Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
fred bentivegna said:
I am a celebrity everywhere else but my home town. Jealousy and resentment rides high here. I went to a little tourn 100 miles outside of Chicago, when I walked into the joint they acted like they wanted to throw a parade.
It's nice to hear that you were able to find a poolroom that had a large enough front door to accommodate that swollen head of yours!:D

Doc

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Youre only looking at the brag side

Youre only looking at the brag side

gulfportdoc said:
It's nice to hear that you were able to find a poolroom that had a large enough front door to accommodate that swollen head of yours!:D

Doc

Dont you notice that I preface every brag with a knock, just like the lefties and Cub fans? It makes the brag digestible. Excuse me, actually, the libs do the opposite, they preface every knock with a brag. When they call a talk show, and say, "I'm a republican," and then they start knocking the righties. Or like the Cub fans here who call the sports shows and declare themselves White Sox fans, and then think that allows them the credibility to give unlimited knocks against the Sox.

the Beard

Who said, If it's the truth, it aint braggin?

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I've seen that attributed to Dizzy Dean (I think he said 'If you can do it . . .') But that was just a lame excuse for popping off. Bragging is bragging, whether you can do it or not. :eek: :cool:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Diz did say it

Diz did say it

vapros said:
I've seen that attributed to Dizzy Dean (I think he said 'If you can do it . . .') But that was just a lame excuse for popping off. Bragging is bragging, whether you can do it or not. :eek: :cool:

Good catch. It was Diz who said that. I had forgotten.

the Beard