Reyes vs. Varner 1999 D.C.C.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dennis ,first of all you show your character by posting this and continuing to help the site in spite of your feud in the members cafe.kudos:)
my responce to the break may not win many kudos:(
ef1.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
dennis ,first of all you show your character by posting this and continuing to help the site in spite of your feud in the members cafe.kudos:)
my responce to the break may not win many kudos:(
View attachment 1716
lll,

My love of posting pics and situations has nothing to do with the other. You are correct though, your response didn't win kudos:eek: . That's a very difficult shot.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
there is always the one rail bank take the intentional scratch if you have to to get to the same spot.
coming off the solid ball(3 ?)on the short rail to move the stripe i thought there was too much risk of a scratch

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Cowboy Dennis said:
Varner is up 2 games to 1 and Efren just broke. What would you do?
I don't know what I would yet, but I am willing to bet that Varner took his time thoroughly looking over the situation before he pulled the trigger :D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
NH Steve said:
I don't know what I would yet, but I am willing to bet that Varner took his time thoroughly looking over the situation before he pulled the trigger :D
He definitely did do that:) . I'm slow I'm told, but I ain't that slow:eek: .

Why do I get the feeling that you have the DVD?

Dennis

Wayne

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 1715

It looks like he could just kick off the bottom rail and move the ball closest to Efren's pocket (looks like the 15 ball) and leave the cueball around where the ball he moved was.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Cowboy Dennis said:
He definitely did do that:) . I'm slow I'm told, but I ain't that slow:eek: .

Why do I get the feeling that you have the DVD?

Dennis
I don't actually know if I have that one or not, but I have watched enough of Varner to know what to expect. There is an old Accustats video of a match I think between Jimmy Fusco and Varner, where I believe Nick took at least five minutes studying the shot right after the break. Then, well, maybe I shouldn't give it away....

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Wayne said:
It looks like he could just kick off the bottom rail and move the ball closest to Efren's pocket (looks like the 15 ball) and leave the cueball around where the ball he moved was.

I agree.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Wayne said:
That is the shot that I saw and liked.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Wayne said:
Carefully, so as not to scratch....

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 1715

I'd shoot the 6 across the face af that stripe by Efren's hole and follow the cb to the short rail. That ought to move both of them out of there and not leave anything. If the kiss can be beat, that is...;)

Or, bank the 5 two rails to my side and leave him stuck on the long rail behind the stripe and 6.

It's hard to tell what the exact angles are.

Skin

Last edited:

Wayne

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Carefully, so as not to scratch....

Anyone who scratches on that shot will be ordered back to kicking school for a full semester.

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I agree with the kick to the short rail and into the 15 ball.

Attachments

• Reyes vs. Varner 1999 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg
    Reyes vs. Varner 1999 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
ace said:
I agree with the kick to the short rail and into the 15 ball.

If you shoot that shot, efren is either going to bank the 1 toward his hole or come off the side of the 1 and put you in the upper right-hand corner.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
blackeee said:
I'd bank the 10 towards my side and drop under the stripe by efrens pocket.

blackeee.....if there's room for sure, to get the cueball easily through to the long rail without touching the 7ball, then I like your shot.

- Ghost

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I may be foolish, but it looks as though the 11 ball is dead... He could have banked the 10 into the 2 for a really aggressive shot... Of course it would be a game breaker or maker... I believe either player could run out from the results...

Bille

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:
blackeee.....if there's room for sure, to get the cueball easily through to the long rail without touching the 7ball, then I like your shot.

- Ghost
i didnt think there was room. thats why i chose my shot. also as i stated i was leery of the scratch to come off the short rail and under the stripe