Messy, meandering messages

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Maybe it's just because I am such a grouchy old fart, but I am finding more and more threads, both here and in the Member's Cafe, that are just not worth a stop on my daily rounds thru this site. I try nearly all the new ones (depending on who's posting) on the chance that they will be genuine and interesting one-pocket stuff, but when they are highjacked and deteriorate into boasting, insults, disputes over items from ancient history and now and then a bit of brown-nosing, I cross them off my route. Seems like I have seen some of this stuff many times before. It's not even original after several insertions.

I certainly don't intend this to offend anyone, and I know that some of our members read every word, but as Roger Clemens' trainer said 'it is what it is', and that's how it is at my desk. I'm sure that I miss out on an occasional good story this way, but I'm just not willing to tiptoe thru all them horse turds to get to them. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyone else?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Maybe it's just because I am such a grouchy old fart, but I am finding more and more threads, both here and in the Member's Cafe, that are just not worth a stop on my daily rounds thru this site. I try nearly all the new ones (depending on who's posting) on the chance that they will be genuine and interesting one-pocket stuff, but when they are highjacked and deteriorate into boasting, insults, disputes over items from ancient history and now and then a bit of brown-nosing, I cross them off my route. Seems like I have seen some of this stuff many times before. It's not even original after several insertions.

I certainly don't intend this to offend anyone, and I know that some of our members read every word, but as Roger Clemens' trainer said 'it is what it is', and that's how it is at my desk. I'm sure that I miss out on an occasional good story this way, but I'm just not willing to tiptoe thru all them horse turds to get to them. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyone else?

Yea. I feel you man. The OnePocktet Hacker came in here and started a whole lot of shit. The Duck and The Beard had a flare up. The Ghost was getting mobbed but he took time to put up a picture of me fondling a young lady. I think she was from Ft. Worth if memory serves me correctly. I type fast and read extra fast so I can go through all posts so quickly, so it doesn't bother me. Tony Green wants to get in on the mayhem with The Hacker to double team The Poet Lariat. There's more unrest here than in the middle east. Dr. Bill Incardona likes to teach, work up games, fire back at people all at the same time, and I really ****ing dig that man. He's a man on fire. Vapros, I still remember those musical links I got from you. Not to mention the great short stories. That took great imagination and talent. I hope you stick around. It's not that bad is it?? Just think. We could be in AZ hell already

We Just Touched Down, Lil Ole Cowtown, When They Told Me Bout The Show
Man Said Now Hank, I'm Goin To The Bank, Cause 10,000 Tickets Done Sold
I Say Alright, See Ya Tonight, We'll Put On A Hell Of A Show
Last Thing On My Mind Was That I'd Ever Find, A Girl Like Her On The Front Row

bocephus .. the girl on the front row in ft worth

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Maybe it's just because I am such a grouchy old fart.
Real possibility, Bill...;)

Anyone else? Not likely !.:D

Try a little 'Robatussin' and a sour lemon...Works for me, when I am getting "Diagrammed, Wei tabled, and bored to death,
with EXCITING table layouts... captured via silent film, from the Coolidge administration..
...:frus

SuperDuck <---Finally got to vent...Felt good..:lol

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I have to admit, I never do quite know what to expect to find when I log on here -- kind of a Pearl Harbor flea market :D :D

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Ahhhhhh...

Ahhhhhh...

.....I'm also,drowning in a pool of un-related to 1P ramblings.I have it on good authority that F&SJD are secretly in cahoots to torture the rest of us here.I can't imagine where this last cat came from and that one guy from NO is the worst of them all..........HAHAHA......Be strong V.,as Nurse Ratchet will soon be saying "Its medication time."Soon the mighty Missisippi will be open and yall can travel up north to St. Paul to fight Indians and score a load of furs like we used to do in the 1840's and 50's.That reminds me of a joke.......

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Anyone else?

V-Man,

Only a person who hasn't dropped their own share of horse turds should complain about anyone else doing it. You've laid your share as have I.

I don't mean to offend you either but you shouldn't be complaining about something you've done yourself.

Dennis

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Dennis, your point is well taken, but please note that there is no complaint anywhere in my post. It is simply a presentation of my attitude toward some of these threads. I know you are an advocate of plain speaking. So am I.