Red Shoes Players

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Who is the red headed guy I see (playing now) on thevstream with an apron on. Shoots fast and plays good. Looks like he is giving up three balls and the break.

I am scouting for my trip.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Who is the red headed guy I see (playing now) on thevstream with an apron on. Shoots fast and plays good. Looks like he is giving up three balls and the break.

Looks like the hit and two picks -- he is wearing red shoes :D

chicagomike

Verified Member

If he's maybe in his 50's with red shoes it's co-owner John Zakzus.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Okay, now there was an interesting variation on rules. It seems like when the other guy made a ball on the break, he still got his two picks, but then he took a third pick, but had to sit down so "red shoes" shot next. They must have the agreement that no continuation at the table if he makes a ball on the break, but he gets an extra pick???

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Okay, now there was an interesting variation on rules. It seems like when the other guy made a ball on the break, he still got his two picks, but then he took a third pick, but had to sit down so "red shoes" shot next. They must have the agreement that no continuation at the table if he makes a ball on the break, but he gets an extra pick???

No extra pick -- I was just hooked a little on how many balls were getting picked :D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Pick

Pick

Looks like the hit and two picks -- he is wearing red shoes :D

You never see this kind of handicapping out here. You might get or give balls and the break, but I cannot recall any games with the pick too.

Must be a regional thing, or is it mostly confined to Chicago?

Could be a new way for Billy I. To trap me.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is the player John is asking about. He obviously knows he is being streamed so I guess I'm not knocking anyone's action doing this -- yet it feels like it, lol

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-08-19_18-43-53.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-08-19_18-43-53.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You never see this kind of handicapping out here. You might get or give balls and the break, but I cannot recall any games with the pick too.

Must be a regional thing, or is it mostly confined to Chicago?

Could be a new way for Billy I. To trap me.

It wasn't unusual in Detroit John. The first time I saw it, I was giving up 1 hit & the pick to a female member of this site back in 78-79:).

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
This is the player John is asking about. He obviously knows he is being streamed so I guess I'm not knocking anyone's action doing this -- yet it feels like it, lol

As Mike thought..that's Red Shoes co-owner John Zaksas - a very good player.

- Ghost