Can this be made?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Can this be made?

wouldnt this work??
direction of shot (yellow) spin (red...outside)
hand in the air to avoid the cue bal hitting the cue ...cue not vertical
even if there is a double kiss it should go in???
just askin
p.s.
mitch you must be a high roller if you use quarters to mark the balls you owe.....:lol.....:D
View attachment 11591

I considered that shot Larry but it wasn't worth "trying it" with 15 balls on the table including by his pocket.

That's an old, corroded penny lol. Although I have been known to use cuff links as markers. Gets some odd looks lol.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
what is the cugarette trick shot..?..:eek:..:eek:...:eek:.....:eek:

Somebody put a link up while we are talking about this - if you don't know this technique, it can SAVE YOUR ASS in 1p and it is particularly relevant in this thread.

I'm sure Dr. Dave has a five minute video dedicated to the technique. If it's not their, I can definitely be found in Massey's book. If nothing else, I'll film it and upload it if there is interest.

A lot of people talk about "practice this and work with it." I personally rarely ever practice ( though I should), but I do mess with this from time to time to make sure I have it when the shot comes up.

Last edited:

Sure Lock

I set this up today and was able to make it with the air bridge masse and a pile of outside english. I was also able to pocket the ball with an out and back masse.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
This reminds me of this old classic proposition shot, a well known push foul. An interesting fact for this thread is that when cued directly at the cushion the CB and OB both go in the same direction.

pj
chgo

View attachment 40106

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Can this be made?

I set this up today and was able to make it with the air bridge masse and a pile of outside english. I was also able to pocket the ball with an out and back masse.

Great to know. Thanks!

Would you have shot it before trying it today, with balls everywhere at 50 a game?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Somebody put a link up while we are talking about this - if you don't know this technique, it can SAVE YOUR ASS in 1p and it is particularly relevant in this thread.

I'm sure Dr. Dave has a five minute video dedicated to the technique. If it's not their, I can definitely be found in Massey's book. If nothing else, I'll film it and upload it if there is interest.

A lot of people talk about "practice this and work with it." I personally rarely ever practice ( though I should), but I do mess with this from time to time to make sure I have it when the shot comes up.

i didnt find a link...:confused:.....:eek:
dan if you could send me a link or a you tube via pm id appreciate it...:)

Sure Lock

Great to know. Thanks!

Would you have shot it before trying it today, with balls everywhere at 50 a game?

I would have to see these aforementioned balls, but I most likely would have tried the out and back masse.

However, Tom's suggestion is a much better play.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I would have to see these aforementioned balls, but I most likely would have tried the out and back masse.

If there was an easy trap available, I might be inclined to go after that versus trying for one ball. Just have to see the layout, I reckon.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Can this be made?

It was basically all 14 other balls spread out mostly below the spot. In other words, if it didn't go, I left a shooting gallery.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Gambling yesterday and was left here (in my pocket). Everything is frozen.

View attachment 11587

It was basically all 14 other balls spread out mostly below the spot. In other words, if it didn't go, I left a shooting gallery.

mitch your initial post to start the thread was
CAN THIS BE MADE?
i guess you see the answer is yes....:)
you didnt ask if it was the right shot to shoot at the time....:frus...:D
just sayin...:)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Can this be made?

mitch your initial post to start the thread was

CAN THIS BE MADE?

i guess you see the answer is yes....:)

you didnt ask if it was the right shot to shoot at the time....:frus...:D

just sayin...:)

I realize that, buddy. And yes, I am glad to know that it can be.

My last question to SL was an add on.

Now.... Knowing that it can possibly be made... AND with the NEW (lol) information of the layout..... WWYD Larry? :).

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky

Now.... Knowing that it can possibly be made... AND with the NEW (lol) information of the layout..... WWYD Larry? :).

I would come off the 8 with low right and bury him behind the 1. You should get a chance next inning to get 5-6 balls.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Can this be made?

I would come off the 8 with low right and bury him behind the 1. You should get a chance next inning to get 5-6 balls.

Dude! That is exactly what I did!!!

Not sure how you know that without the pic, but great call!!

Good thing you never stir the pot 😜.

I probably should have taken a full pic lol. Oh well.

Sarcastic point taken lol. Thread over.

John Brumback

Verified Member
IMO it depends a lot on that facing.( it looks a lil funny to me) On a Diamond I would think you could spin that back in with a lot of outside english.. shootin away from the ball of course. Some tables play funny on shots like that. John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

^^^^what dan said........:D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I was worried about this. Opponent let me know that he was getting someone to watch if I was going to shoot it.

Also- and more importantly, there were 14 other balls on the table still, including by my opponents hole.

So, for those reasons, and the fact that we were playing 50 a game, I shot away from the ball, and tried to hide him by his corner.

I was curious though, and appreciate the replies. I was thinking lots of right hand English (3:09 as someone said). One of my new rules this year is not to try to learn or experiment in the middle of a money game. This has burnt me many times lol.

Tom I will check out your solution as well. Will be good to know for next time :)

If you can't experiment in the middle of a money game, when can you experiment? I have my most imaginative shots trying to win $50.