Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Verified Member

Default Derby trip

First and foremost playing and seeing the members of one pocket.org is the highlight of every pool trip I go on.

Great expectations when I got there, felt great about how I had played this year and thought I would continue to play well.

Josh Roberts changed my tune the first match of bank. Even though I made 4 every game I just couldnít get the job done. It was the same against Mika in my first match at one pocket. Gotta say man can those guys play.

So itís back to the basics once again. Drills, straight pool, trying to set up a way to practice to force myself to get that nervous twinge so it will be easier to control. Basics include a locked down pre shot routine, slightly different stance and stroke, basically trying to lock in on each and every shot.

I do have to say though playing sober, it was easier to be nervous, and also easier to see the right shot. But I am going to stick with it, self medicating with alcohol is not the answer. It had become a problem in itself.

So anyone want to give a spot to a d player in Memphis I am game.

B
Old 02-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Great to see you as always, and I always enjoy competing with you too!!

But maybe not Banks on a Diamond lol
Old 02-09-2019, 01:05 PM
Verified Member

great report bille
you keep doin what you are doin cause the word is you keep getting better..
regarding controlling your nerves
just tell yourself no matter what happens i wont crash out of the sky.....
Old 02-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Verified Member

Default Expect Nothing Hope for the Best

That was my motto....because this frikkin' game is soooooo tough.

Good for you and the alcohol, NOW play more .

I never played just to get better during my heyday, I played and played and played in my youth, I was fortunate to get better with each passing year. NOT WEEKS.....

I served drinks for 7 years in my youth traveling, then another 7 in a row in the early nineties CO. On the road and looking for that easy score who was liquored up and safe was always in play, in the right spot. 1/2 the time, it was.

Paying your dues, & building upon them is what all great players have in common.

Your getting better................that's ALL one can ask of....the worlds most difficult game to master.

NOTHING will improve your game more than being in action. Even when Busty was here (Colorado Springs/via Scott Smith) along with Efren & Luat....effie in town more than once, they would always match up Cheap. And they were good men in their youth, and now, consistent in their actions.

If it means the same to you when you lose, whether it's 20 dollars or two hundred, then you'll most likely be that type of person who gets better and better.

bm
no link....

Last edited by Island Drive; 02-10-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:29 PM
Verified Member

By the way Mary should have her gold crown set up in the next month. Which means I will get some quality time bumping a few on a different table.

Larry I wish pool was as easy as strapping on a helicopter. But time, and experience will tell, just wish I had taken up this sport earlier in life, trying to improve at a hand and eye coordination game after 60 ainít easy. But I have to admit I love it.

B
Old 02-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgcp View Post
By the way Mary should have her gold crown set up in the next month. Which means I will get some quality time bumping a few on a different table.

Larry I wish pool was as easy as strapping on a helicopter. But time, and experience will tell, just wish I had taken up this sport earlier in life, trying to improve at a hand and eye coordination game after 60 ainít easy. But I have to admit I love it.

B
The biggest part of any improvement to be had, is in your closing words! Keep the passion and youíll improve...
Old 02-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Verified Member

Billie, good write up. No doubt your game is improving but donít expect the changes to take hold over night. Patience and persistence are the way but make sure you keep it fun or the flame will start to fade.

On a side note...Kristen and I really enjoyed handing out with you...as always!

Ben

Ps see u at 100!
Old 02-09-2019, 11:03 PM
Verified Member

You're my hero, keep it up!
Old 02-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Verified Member

Good to get to see you again Bille!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:13 AM
Verified Member

was great hanging out with you and I must say your passion for the game is great to see. It is hard to maintain passion in a game that emotion can be a detriment to playing, but I hope to have half to passion for the game that yo uhave for the rest of my life.