Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2019, 11:39 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFats View Post
Another option which is probably safer and easier to execute is to shoot a dead stop shot on the 8 ball.
You bank it into the combo that looks to be wired bank to your hole.
If you make it, you are in a position to run out.
If you miss it, your opponents cross corner bank is locked up because the 13 is blocking the 14 from banking.

Ingenious.. brilliant.. That's what I'm talking about!!!
Old 06-20-2019, 12:48 PM

I just bank the 12ball and duck behind the two frozen balls
Old 06-20-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
If I was feeling aggressive, I would look at 4 railing the 14 to my hole and kicking behind that other ball. Even if I don't stick the cue ball behind it, my opponent would not have a shot to his hole because of the blockers.
If I miss the 4 railer bad, I may open up all the balls near my hole.
If I make it and stick the cue. I can bank the 2 after and run out.

I know everyone will say this is too risky blah blah blah, but I don't see this as being too hard to shoot and get a good outcome.
To hard to control cue ball. Depending on score and ball count
Old 06-20-2019, 12:53 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Another option which is probably safer and easier to execute is to shoot a dead stop shot on the 8 ball.
If you miss it, your opponents cross corner bank is locked up because the 13 is blocking the 14 from banking.
Clever shot there Mr Fats.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:54 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Fantastic idea! Nice imagination.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Verified Member

I donít think you can hit the 8 full face to stop it. Then you leave a shot on the 14 if you can hit it full face. A little nudge on the stripe leaves the table open.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:47 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
Steve's shot - tricky situation here --- his pocket is at the top left of the table --- 0-0 score --- the 8 will not go in his pocket, and the 11-6 combo cannot be made in his pocket either --- the 7-3 combo is available and makeable, but it is off angle and the 7 would need to be cut to the right --- the 12-2 combo is not makeable in my pocket, can't be thrown in either --- wwyd?

This is the only pic of this situation ----->
Kudos Ghost! Being able to recognize such a thought provoking layout is a true talent! Iíve read through all the responses and as usual the members have dissected most of the available options...

The two rail bank on the 8 was the 1st shot I saw, but it looked dangerous because of the possibility of bumping the 15 and opening up the table for my opponent, so I moved on.

I looked at the different ways to weld the cb to the back of the 10/2, but decided that anything I came off of would not sufficiently add to the repositioning of balls in my favor, so I continued to look em over...

As Beatle stated in an earlier post, he realizes heís in a bad way in this game, and rather than bump and grind his way to a loss he believes is inevitable, heís shooting the 7/3 combo and trying to turn the game around right now... IMO, not a terrible choice at all, especially if you are playing a tough opponent...

There is a shot here with a lot of moving parts, but it looks like it could work out very well, and it looks like it lays perfect for execution. Shoot the 15 with draw the left side of the 12, medium speed.... the cb draws into the side of the 8, pushing it towards my pocket,then the cb draws back off the side of the 8 and settles into the 9/10/5 catchers mitt. The 12 is not a problem, it will bank across and the 15 will also bank off the foot rail and quite possibly open up some of the stack in my favor... The only real concern is the 2 ball, but the way it lays, it looks like it will jaw outta there..

Could turn the table around
Old 06-20-2019, 08:19 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Runnels View Post
I just bank the 12ball and duck behind the two frozen balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Runnels View Post
To hard to control cue ball. Depending on score and ball count
ike
its great to have you posting
welcome.....
larry (lll)
Old 06-20-2019, 10:12 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
i gotta run balls here or lose later on. so the 7 3 combo and open them up and try to turn the game . plus if you miss you may not even leave a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
Kudos Ghost! Being able to recognize such a thought provoking layout is a true talent!

Thanks for sayin' brother Jeff.

As Beatle stated in an earlier post, he realizes heís in a bad way in this game, and rather than bump and grind his way to a loss he believes is inevitable, heís shooting the 7/3 combo and trying to turn the game around right now... IMO, not a terrible choice at all, especially if you are playing a tough opponent...
Well, imo every possible move here (including all the choices that have been posted up) are either unavailable , unproductive, or very "fraught with peril" ... that said, if it was my shot, since there's no good move available, like my pal beatle, I believe I would also shoot the 7-3 combination - it's not laying all that tough...

And now, having said that...what happened was...

Steve felt the same way, and shooting the 7-3 combination is what he chose to do...he didn't quite make it though = the 3 rattled into the two pocket points and came back to end up to the right of the pocket - he left me the cut on the 13, but he's at least glad that I am totally jacked up...here's how it turned out ----->
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2019, 11:53 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
Well, imo every possible move here (including all the choices that have been posted up) are either unavailable , unproductive, or very "fraught with peril" ... that said, if it was my shot, since there's no good move available, like my pal beatle, I believe I would also shoot the 7-3 combination - it's not laying all that tough...

And now, having said that...what happened was...

Steve felt the same way, and shooting the 7-3 combination is what he chose to do...he didn't quite make it though = the 3 rattled into the two pocket points and came back to end up to the right of the pocket - he left me the cut on the 13, but he's at least glad that I am totally jacked up...here's how it turned out ----->
I disagree with a 0 0 score that you think this game is over with the layout... but nevertheless....

If this was my turn, I wouldn't even shoot the 13 jacked up. No reward. I would bank the 3 and take out the 6 on the same shot. Now let's play.