Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2019, 01:13 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
overall my thoughts are larrys shot i need 5 tries to find the exact spot to hit on the first rail before i would shoot it. to much can go wrong.

the other safes do little for you and will make you suffer 4 or 5 turns down the road.

the masse shot only with a couple tries first at it and a video, or the opponent agreeing he wont call a foul.

banking the 2 ball or the 7 ball into the 8 ball if i could do either and also leave him badly. is probably the best and a good offensive shot that can really do damage to him.

otherwise freezing against the 9 as then i think i am more likely to get a bank on the 11 before he gets a shot at it or he has to shoot me into a better position..

tony would bank the 7 and alex would freeze to the 9.
Beattle; If Alex wants to lose his money, He'd lay up on the 9 ball as YOU suggest!

Here's why that shot isn't worth, 2 dead flies!

Name:  Replytobeattle-alexchoice.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  85.7 KB
Old 07-09-2019, 01:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
Nice shot/stroke Whitey...and don't forget now that I get 9-7 whenever we ever meet each other

- Ghost
It was a strange occurrences of events that lead up to this shot. 1st and foremost you had to put up the wwyd, and we all thank you and are glad you are back! But I was still very upset about how my thread was going and ended up pertaining to the cue ball in motion that is interfered with, so when I seen your wwyd I mouth off about the shot, that it was easy. You then put up the challenge, and then I was really under the gun, either put up or shut up.

I of course did not do it on the first try, but had to work up to it. But I believe we all have benefitted from this chain of events. thanks for the compliment but no 9-7, lol !!! Thanks guys for complimenting the shot! Whitey
Old 07-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Verified Member

Default 2 o'clock high

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qDjUKehaoKum6PpC9
Click on video to enlarge.

In trying Billy Jacket's & Frank's shot I was getting out of the push through foul by using 2 o'clock. So when Beatle put up his challenge to me, I decided to see if I could hit it softly and get behind the 11 using this technique. First try this time!

This is a technique when addressing close proximity shots that have a cut, for it is much easier to get out of the push shot foul when using inside english. Plus the cb and ob are actually going in different directions once the cb contacts the ob, thus helping to eliminate the push shot foul.

Thanks guys, enjoy! Whitey

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 07-09-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sB2iEsVYcd5hZQe77
click on video to enlarge!

Excuse me, I mistakenly stated 1 o'clock, I meant to say; 11 o'clock.

Here you go Cincy Kid, enjoy! Whitey

I want to thank Mr3cushion for I was thinking about him and the recent billiard videos he has been putting up, whereas the cue ball has been double reversing out of the corner. This one is for you, and I believe you would of shot it exactly like this! thanks, Whitey
Nice shot. Iíll try it later today
Old 07-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Verified Member

I kinda like moving the 7 and leaving him on the rail with a bad off angle combo and take my licks about him clearing my pocket
Old 07-09-2019, 06:04 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Almanza View Post
I might study this possibility with a slight masse.

Attachment 24691

Thanks Frank, I made this shot on the first try, much to my surprise, but I just didn't hit it hard enough and left a bank.

But my shot here is to play a ticky off the 9. I hit the short rail first with a little high right. After the ticky, the cue ball went two rails behind the eleven.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:16 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry matchin View Post
Take an intentional scratch up table on the long rail by the first diamond. Let him shoot the combination.
Yep... Iím spotting one up too...
Old 07-09-2019, 09:39 PM
Verified Member

Well, Steve chose to shoot the shot that Ben, Crabby, and a coupla other guys liked = thinning the 8 and rolling behind the 7...Steve hit it good but just a tad too soft and didn't quite get me all the way behind the 7, just barely letting me clearly see the 6 and 8 balls - it ended up like this ----->
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Brother Billy...I'll also need be needing 9-7 from you if we ever meet up...

- Ghost
If I can ever get out of this iron lung , you got it.! Brudder
And we ain't playin cheap, gotta be $10 at least
People shoot them goofy shots for free or maybe even 5 dollars , hahahahahahahahaha
Old 07-09-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Well, Steve chose to shoot the shot that Ben, Crabby, and a coupla other guys liked = thinning the 8 and rolling behind the 7...Steve hit it good but just a tad too soft and didn't quite get me all the way behind the 7, just barely letting me clearly see the 6 and 8 balls - it ended up like this ----->
What was your shot after being left there?