One-Pocket Hustler on CSI Las Vegas

JAM

Verified Member
I usually go to sleep too early to stay up for my favorite TV shows, so I tape them.

Last night, I was trying to watch my taped CSI Las Vegas TV show entitled "Dead Rails." It was all about pool. I couldn't believe it.

What's more, the pool hustler named Jimmy, played by Christopher Atkins, was said to be a one-pocket player, that this was his best game. Wow!

Here's the entire show if you have time to check it out. They have everything from a ladies' pro tournament in Vegas to a piece of green worsted cloth found on the body of the corpse. :eek:

Here it is ---> Dead Rails

Here's a snapshot of one of the lady pros. :cool:

Attachments

• 105519_d0044b.jpg
    105519_d0044b.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 0

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I usually go to sleep too early to stay up for my favorite TV shows, so I tape them.

Last night, I was trying to watch my taped CSI Las Vegas TV show entitled "Dead Rails." It was all about pool. I couldn't believe it.

What's more, the pool hustler named Jimmy, played by Christopher Atkins, was said to be a one-pocket player, that this was his best game. Wow!

Here's the entire show if you have time to check it out. They have everything from a ladies' pro tournament in Vegas to a piece of green worsted cloth found on the body of the corpse. :eek:

Here it is ---> Dead Rails

Here's a snapshot of one of the lady pros. :cool:

I bet she gets plenty of action:cool:

keoneyo

Verified Member
Beau Runnigan worked on the show as the technical advisor. You might know him from a past DCC where he placed high on the 14.1 event. He lives in LA now. Also our own HOB in Santa Monica Jenny Lee actually made some of the harder shots.
She was known as 9 ball Jenny but has turned into One Pocket Jenny as her one hole game has advanced. I believe you remember her Kentucky Bill.
I am not a big fan of the show. Every one looks so pretty and perfect.
Though Ted Danson is one of my favorite guys. I worked with him on Cheers and he was a perfect gentleman and all around nice guy.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Just a note about the show. The guy playing the head coroner Dr Alan Robbins is played by a buddy of mine. Robert David Hall. We knew him in the old days as Dave. We worked together on GI Joe in 1985, the animated series. He was Colonel Sharpe. I was Storm Shadow. Coming home one day an 18 wheeler crashed into him and he was burned over 65% of his body.

They had to amputate both legs. Back in those days there was no disable codes and we were on the second floor. His buddies used to carry him up the flight of stairs to get to the recording booth. He had to work to feed his family. He struggled throughout the years and fought for the rights of disabled people on a national level. His is a great example of people coming back from adversity.
A great friend.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
What a interesting story

What a interesting story

Just a note about the show. The guy playing the head coroner Dr Alan Robbins is played by a buddy of mine. Robert David Hall. We knew him in the old days as Dave. We worked together on GI Joe in 1985, the animated series. He was Colonel Sharpe. I was Storm Shadow. Coming home one day an 18 wheeler crashed into him and he was burned over 65% of his body.

They had to amputate both legs. Back in those days there was no disable codes and we were on the second floor. His buddies used to carry him up the flight of stairs to get to the recording booth. He had to work to feed his family. He struggled throughout the years and fought for the rights of disabled people on a national level. His is a great example of people coming back from adversity.
A great friend.

I had no idea about his injuries. I had seen him as the bad guy on a few shows before that showed scars and just assumed it was makeup. As someone who was burned very badly as a child and still have the scars i can somewhat relate. It has affected me most of my personal life. Although i'm not physically disabled from my injury, I have many people with disabilities in my life and advocate for them. In February after Derbyi put on a annual pool tournament to benefit the Special Olympics here in Kentucky. I wish more people would take up this cause. Thanks for sharing the story about your friend. He should be a inspiration to us all.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Beau Runnigan worked on the show as the technical advisor. You might know him from a past DCC where he placed high on the 14.1 event. He lives in LA now. Also our own HOB in Santa Monica Jenny Lee actually made some of the harder shots.
She was known as 9 ball Jenny but has turned into One Pocket Jenny as her one hole game has advanced. I believe you remember her Kentucky Bill.
Though Ted Danson is one of my favorite guys. I worked with him on Cheers and he was a perfect gentleman and all around nice guy.

I know Jenny never missed a shot in eight games. I'm never helping her old man help get a hitch out of his stroke again.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I sweated that show, but the commercials were neverending killers. I could watch the whole headlines news loop on the big tv during a break. I was smiling at all those investigators out in the desert sifting through that shit to try and solve the homicide. I could see the locals around here. "Tag him and bag him and get him out of here". Also when I go over to Gary's house (Drop pockets), the first thing I'm going to show him is how I can do the champagne glass trick, and smash all those glasses on his table. He should get a kick out of that...

JAM

Verified Member

Wow! Thank you for this great insight about the technical director. I knew there had to be a "real" pool person behind it. Some of the jargon and other scripted comments were too real. That is good stuff to know what happened behind the scenes. Love this bit of news about the show! :cool:

JAM

Verified Member

A great friend.

What a great story this is! It really restores my faith in humanity, how this man survived and how others came to his aid in his time of need.

Thank you for sharing this.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Wow! Thank you for this great insight about the technical director. I knew there had to be a "real" pool person behind it. Some of the jargon and other scripted comments were too real. That is good stuff to know what happened behind the scenes. Love this bit of news about the show! :cool:

I knew you would Jen. I did this especially for you. Thanking you for contributing to this site with your positive participation.Too many times we get into the sordid, offensive, egotistical crap that permeates but you always brighten up my day and wish you would post more.

I got a lot of stories but it leads to name dropping which any working actor in the business must excel at if he wants to make it. Its like the "Who shot John?" thing in the pool world. Stop me if I get out of hand.:)

JAM

Verified Member
I knew you would Jen. I did this especially for you. Thanking you for contributing to this site with your positive participation.Too many times we get into the sordid, offensive, egotistical crap that permeates but you always brighten up my day and wish you would post more.

I got a lot of stories but it leads to name dropping which any working actor in the business must excel at if he wants to make it. Its like the "Who shot John?" thing in the pool world. Stop me if I get out of hand.:)

I appreciate that so much. :)

I had not realized until today the difference between a Hollywood celebrity and a pool celebrity. The Hollywood celebrity is often a well-respected entity by their peers and fans, but the pool celebrity is target practice for some. The attainment of skills on a pool table doesn't mean much to the American pool culture, sad to say. It's looked upon as worthless. Mainstream America looks at pool players like they're hustlers and thieves. I guess that CSI TV show didn't do much for the image. :(

I wish Keith had pursued an acting career instead of playing pool. His passion, of course, is pool; thus, why he stuck with it.

Thankfully, some pool professionals do get respect on this forum as well as the One Pocket Hall of Fame. Elsewhere, they are ridiculed at every turn, no matter what the topic is. There will always be some analysis done to rip apart anything that pool player is affiliated with.

I miss Freddy the Beard.

I wish you and all the OnePocket.org members Seasons Greetings. May the coming years bring you much joy in your lives outside of pool. :)

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky

I had not realized until today the difference between a Hollywood celebrity and a pool celebrity. The Hollywood celebrity is often a well-respected entity by their peers and fans, but the pool celebrity is target practice for some. The attainment of skills on a pool table doesn't mean much to the American pool culture, sad to say. It's looked upon as worthless. Mainstream America looks at pool players like they're hustlers and thieves. I guess that CSI TV show didn't do much for the image. :(

I wish Keith had pursued an acting career instead of playing pool. His passion, of course, is pool; thus, why he stuck with it.

Thankfully, some pool professionals do get respect on this forum as well as the One Pocket Hall of Fame. Elsewhere, they are ridiculed at every turn, no matter what the topic is. There will always be some analysis done to rip apart anything that pool player is affiliated with.

I miss Freddy the Beard.

I wish you and all the OnePocket.org members Seasons Greetings. May the coming years bring you much joy in your lives outside of pool. :)

JAM, I have noticed Keith not get the respect he deserves over there on AZ. I can quite assure you that we all love him and are in awe of his "seismic" gambling prowess and shotmaking abilities. I'm not sure who approached who, but that was a very wise decision to include you guys on "American Road Player." Keep on keepin' on!

keoneyo

Verified Member

I miss Freddy the Beard.

It takes a lot to be a professional in my field. I myself studied years of Ballet, Opera, Languages, Musicianship, Tap, Jazz, etc etc. Not to mention different acting techniques theorized by the Russian, Polish, Japanese, Chinese, German, culture. It was a long period of study. As a professional there is not one actor who I am afraid of matching wits with in a scene. And Ive worked with many. Cosby, Robin Williams, Al Pacino, Nick Cage, Jimmy Caan, Candy Bergen, Will Smith, and many more.
What I can suggest to Keith is to watch, listen, and make several key points as to what exactly he wants to represent. Never assume. Never underestimate. Have confidence but know the right time on the set to voice your opinion. And make that opinion in the most shortest but succint way. Always respect but never take disrespect. Know your strengths and use them. Know your weakness and empathize with those that have weaknesses. Be thankful.

This is in referring to the reality show of course.

Last edited:

JAM

Verified Member
It takes a lot to be a professional in my field. I myself studied years of Ballet, Opera, Languages, Musicianship, Tap, Jazz, etc etc. Not to mention different acting techniques theorized by the Russian, Polish, Japanese, Chinese, German, culture. It was a long period of study. As a professional there is not one actor who I am afraid of matching wits with in a scene. And Ive worked with many. Cosby, Robin Williams, Al Pacino, Nick Cage, Jimmy Caan, Candy Bergen, Will Smith, and many more.
What I can suggest to Keith is to watch, listen, and make several key points as to what exactly he wants to represent. Never assume. Never underestimate. Have confidence but know the right time on the set to voice your opinion. And make that opinion in the most shortest but succint way. Always respect but never take disrespect. Know your strengths and use them. Know your weakness and empathize with those that have weaknesses. Be thankful.

This is in referring to the reality show of course.

This is great advice. Thank you so much for sharing. In fact, this is great advice to apply to one's life in general. :)

Not sure the reality series will be a "go" due to lack of funding, I think, but it was a treat for Keith to be asked. It gave him a little spark of joy. :cool:

Me, I live in a reality series, knowing pool can't pay the bills. So I work like a mule to pay taxes and make ends meet, never seeming to get ahead, like most Americans, I guess.

With that said, I do need to count my blessings and realize that I have a job and I am with a man who loves me and who I love. These days, our lives seem to be centered around our Mickey dog.

Not sure what lies ahead for me and mine, with or without pool, but I'm glad to be able to live my life with my two boys.

Attachments

• Mickey and Keith.jpg
    Mickey and Keith.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 0

JAM

Verified Member
JAM, I have noticed Keith not get the respect he deserves over there on AZ. I can quite assure you that we all love him and are in awe of his "seismic" gambling prowess and shotmaking abilities. I'm not sure who approached who, but that was a very wise decision to include you guys on "American Road Player." Keep on keepin' on!

Thank you for the good wishes. Seasons Greetings to you and to everyone here at OnePocket.org.

You better watch out, you better not cry. Better not pout. I'm telling you why. Santa Claus is coming to your pool room. :D

Attachments

• SantaAtPoolHall.jpg
    SantaAtPoolHall.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Thank you for the good wishes. Seasons Greetings to you and to everyone here at OnePocket.org.

You better watch out, you better not cry. Better not pout. I'm telling you why. Santa Claus is coming to your pool room. :D

Yes watch out. He'a a perennial winner, he gets me big loser every year. :D
Rod.
P.S. Never beat the old settler. :)

JAM

Verified Member

Now we have a few OnePocket.org members posting on AzBilliards, some of whom are posting under a different forum name, attacking Keith behind the protection of their computer monitors. I noticed a distinct similarity of writing styles of a member here in a thread about CJ v. Keith on AzBilliards. He calls himself "Old Nine Baller" on AzBilliards, but his writing style is very similar, almost identical in fact, to someone here. I'm sure it's him.

"One Nine Baller" is going out of his way to call Keith a drunk, can't play no more, nobody cares, et cetera, et cetera. Why do people get their jollies doing this? I just don't get it. I have seen him post mean-spirited things on this forum about others. Well, now he is posting on AzBilliards over and over and over again about Keith, ragging on him. Keith hasn't done anything to him or anybody else to warrant this.

With that said, I am not fearful of "One Nine Baller." I kind of feel sorry for anyone who has to post anonymously about others. It reveals, in my opinion, that they are insecure about their own lives; thus, the reason they go on forums and write mean-spirited things about others anonymously. It gives them a feel-good rush that they can demean others, making themselves feel more important, I guess.

Pool forums should be a place where we pool enthusiasts can network and have fun. I personally was recently verbally attacked viciously by a member on AzBilliards forum because I write Keith's words on AzBilliards. Keith has limited typing skills. I am a court reporter. That's what I do, is put people's words verbatim into print. It comes quite naturally to me. This member was insensed about me doing so and cursed me out with vulgarity, using words I hadn't heard in many years, on another forum. Somebody sent me the words he wrote about me, and I kind of wish they had not. Now I am in fear for my safety. I think this person is mentally unbalanced and may be dangerous. Why would me typing words out of Keith's mouth on a pool forum cause somebody such anger? I just don't understand.

I have to call Greg Sullivan later today. He was very kind and generous to Keith, gifting him with a very attractive offer if he could make to the DCC this year. I was actually contemplating going for a few days, for Keith's sake, wondering how I would handle my job and what we would do with our 2-year-old dog, who goes everywhere with us. After reading the words of that AzB-er, who I believe may be suffering from a bipolar disorder or mental illness, I am fearful for my safety and well-being. I am not sure what these anonymous people are capable of if they can have so much hatred against another on a pool forum. It doesn't make sense to me.

Some believe the Internet is all fun and games and should not be taken seriously. I'm not sure I agree with this. I think some people are just unpredictable, and I need to distance myself from them if they possess so much hatred and anger towards me and/or mine, all because we write on pool forums.

One thing for sure, pool isn't worth all this fear and hurt. I refuse to put myself in a place where I have to be afraid for my safety. I do not like or approve of having to carry a gun, but if I went to the DCC, after reading the words of a few anonymous members in recent days, I'd be packing. That's the only way I'd go. Who needs this in their life? Not me. :(

Of course, if I was carrying a gun at a pool event or anywhere, nobody would ever know about it. I sure as heck wouldn't publish it, like I am on this thread. Needless to say, I won't be going to a pool event for a long, long time. I don't like guns, even though I own one for protection. I don't ever want to put myself in a place where I feel I have to carry a gun. I'm 60 years old. I just want to live happily ever after with joy in my life. I choose joy over fear and anger.

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Now we have a few OnePocket.org members posting on AzBilliards, some of whom are posting under a different forum name, attacking Keith behind the protection of their computer monitors. I noticed a distinct similarity of writing styles of a member here in a thread about CJ v. Keith on AzBilliards. He calls himself "Old Nine Baller" on AzBilliards, but his writing style is very similar, almost identical in fact, to someone here. I'm sure it's him.

"One Nine Baller" is going out of his way to call Keith a drunk, can't play no more, nobody cares, et cetera, et cetera. Why do people get their jollies doing this? I just don't get it. I have seen him post mean-spirited things on this forum about others. Well, now he is posting on AzBilliards over and over and over again about Keith, ragging on him. Keith hasn't done anything to him or anybody else to warrant this.

With that said, I am not fearful of "One Nine Baller." I kind of feel sorry for anyone who has to post anonymously about others. It reveals, in my opinion, that they are insecure about their own lives; thus, the reason they go on forums and write mean-spirited things about others anonymously. It gives them a feel-good rush that they can demean others, making themselves feel more important, I guess.

Pool forums should be a place where we pool enthusiasts can network and have fun. I personally was recently verbally attacked viciously by a member on AzBilliards forum because I write Keith's words on AzBilliards. Keith has limited typing skills. I am a court reporter. That's what I do, is put people's words verbatim into print. It comes quite naturally to me. This member was insensed about me doing so and cursed me out with vulgarity, using words I hadn't heard in many years, on another forum. Somebody sent me the words he wrote about me, and I kind of wish they had not. Now I am in fear for my safety. I think this person is mentally unbalanced and may be dangerous. Why would me typing words out of Keith's mouth on a pool forum cause somebody such anger? I just don't understand.

I have to call Greg Sullivan later today. He was very kind and generous to Keith, gifting him with a very attractive offer if he could make to the DCC this year. I was actually contemplating going for a few days, for Keith's sake, wondering how I would handle my job and what we would do with our 2-year-old dog, who goes everywhere with us. After reading the words of that AzB-er, who I believe may be suffering from a bipolar disorder or mental illness, I am fearful for my safety and well-being. I am not sure what these anonymous people are capable of if they can have so much hatred against another on a pool forum. It doesn't make sense to me.

Some believe the Internet is all fun and games and should not be taken seriously. I'm not sure I agree with this. I think some people are just unpredictable, and I need to distance myself from them if they possess so much hatred and anger towards me and/or mine, all because we write on pool forums.

One thing for sure, pool isn't worth all this fear and hurt. I refuse to put myself in a place where I have to be afraid for my safety. I do not like or approve of having to carry a gun, but if I went to the DCC, after reading the words of a few anonymous members in recent days, I'd be packing. That's the only way I'd go. Who needs this in their life? Not me. :(

Of course, if I was carrying a gun at a pool event or anywhere, nobody would ever know about it. I sure as heck wouldn't publish it, like I am on this thread. Needless to say, I won't be going to a pool event for a long, long time. I don't like guns, even though I own one for protection. I don't ever want to put myself in a place where I feel I have to carry a gun. I'm 60 years old. I just want to live happily ever after with joy in my life. I choose joy over fear and anger.

There's nothing wrong with carrying a gun. Just make sure that it is in good working condition and you know how to use it properly. Be really familiar with it. One time a bought a couple of brand new Smith 38 revolvers. It was before I got a good safe to put them in. They had never been shot even once. I just put them up in a closet under some blankets and forgot about them. Eighteen years later I grabbed them and started to pull back the hammer and it was froze up. Couldn't pull the trigger or anything. Had to get some oil and work with it to get it loose. If I had needed it for an emergency, I would have been screwed. But don't be like Sony. If you want to go, then go and have a ball. I wouldn't worry too much about the trollers. I saw that cartoon over there with you and Keith in it. I think he got barred for it. But anyway, it's always better to have a gun and not need it than the opposite. You know what I mean. Guns have always been a part of the pool world