Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Verified Member

Wayne and/or Rich from Santa Monica could play Richie even for smaller bets,(no disrespect to Wayne or Rich) but for serious cash Richie Richeson plays pretty sporty. I watched him play Cliff Joyner a few years back with 8/7 and 10/8 and play pretty well. They were betting 5K and it went Rich's way that day.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Verified Member

The reason One Pocket Rich and Tall Wayne might be under the level of the likes of Richeson, and this might make some sense to you OPorg members, is that they dont make their living off the felt. Rich has 3 kids one going to College. Wayne has a daughter with a grandson. They are the support systems for their families and run 2 successful business' as well.
They might not have the experience to play in some high stakes games but unlike many who do make their money playing pool can stake themselves to any amount if they so desired.
You make your choices in life.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Verified Member

Default Mrs One Pocket Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Rich in LA, before he quit playing, 10+ years ago, would play any top pro. He could move and shoot with the best of them. Richie probably has the edge in heart and gamble. Tough one because Rich beat Efrin with a ball at Santa Monica. Rich used to play anytime Efrin was in LA. He is a fun guy and his wife doesn’t miss. I gave her 9/7 and it was the worst shellacking ever at Santa Monica. Ooooouch.
Name:  Me and Jenny Lee (480x640).jpg
Views: 130
Size:  156.6 KB

When she is not at the Salon getting a facial or manicure shes barking
Old 12-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
I watched a little bit of Richie playing Josh Roberts at the Space City tournament. With all the talk about who’s a top ten player, past and present, I was wondering where Richie would have been in his prime. I did play Richie once at a tournament many years ago in Kalamazoo and got smoked but that’s about all I really know of him.

Was he ever as good as players like 1P Rich or Wayne in Santa Monica or Piano Man in Baltimore, guys like that? Or maybe as good as Evan Lunda is now?
Just curious what some of you guys think.
Two or three years ago, Josh was giving Richie 9/8-8/7, Chip was giving him 9/8 and Joey was giving him 9/8. They were all beating him. None of those guys could give Lunda 9/8 and win. I think Richie's moving and banking were elite, but what kept him from being in the discussion of the best was his ball running. He has never been an elite ball runner. That was true in 1992 when I first saw him in New Orleans and nothing has changed.