Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2018, 11:12 PM
Verified Member

Default JOB Billiards

This place is a ghost town. At least I donít have tons of smokers around
Old 05-15-2018, 11:15 PM
Verified Member

How long you in town for?
Old 05-15-2018, 11:38 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
This place is a ghost town. At least I donít have tons of smokers around
I have a friend who has lived in the Nashville area for over ten years. He has stated year after year that JOB's was on a downhill slide. The last time I spoke to him, several weeks ago, he didn't think it could survive another year based on the mismanagement and failure to keep the equipment in shape. I imagine that downhill slide has become a nosedive. Too bad.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:15 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
I have a friend who has lived in the Nashville area for over ten years. He has stated year after year that JOB's was on a downhill slide. The last time I spoke to him, several weeks ago, he didn't think it could survive another year based on the mismanagement and failure to keep the equipment in shape. I imagine that downhill slide has become a nosedive. Too bad.
Yea, ever since Blaylock(he name was JOB) sold out its went down hill. Last time i was there with 12squared the pit table was in pretty bad shape. Used to be a bunch of strong players there with plenty of action. I hear its mainly league bangers in there now. Too bad.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:25 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
How long you in town for?
One night. I would have called you but wasnít sure when weíd get here. Turns out Pax were late. I didnít get to job till 10.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:33 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
One night. I would have called you but wasn’t sure when we’d get here. Turns out Pax were late. I didn’t get to job till 10.
Yea one of these days we'll have to finish that game we started at Derby like 3 or 4 yrs ago...lol
Old 05-16-2018, 01:05 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Yea, ever since Blaylock(he name was JOB) sold out its went down hill. Last time i was there with 12squared the pit table was in pretty bad shape. Used to be a bunch of strong players there with plenty of action. I hear its mainly league bangers in there now. Too bad.
My friend in Tennessee is currently 68 years old and still plays a super solid game of one pocket. He mentioned that some of the better one pocket players he was competing with when he first moved to the Nashville area were a bit older than him and have since passed away. Another player, probably the best one who frequented JOB's named "Pickle," is currently incarcerated for a zillion years. Yet, my friend still goes to JOB's to play once a week in a league but gets depressed each time because of the deplorable conditions. We've all seen those pool rooms where a great owner dies and the new owners know nothing about how to run a pool room. Maybe JOB's needs that cable TV reality guy who comes into a failing business and revamps it for the current owner.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:17 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Yea one of these days we'll have to finish that game we started at Derby like 3 or 4 yrs ago...lol
Come to New Orleans for Buffallos tournament and we can match up, then hang around and watch the big dogs
Old 05-16-2018, 01:38 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
My friend in Tennessee is currently 68 years old and still plays a super solid game of one pocket. He mentioned that some of the better one pocket players he was competing with when he first moved to the Nashville area were a bit older than him and have since passed away. Another player, probably the best one who frequented JOB's named "Pickle," is currently incarcerated for a zillion years. Yet, my friend still goes to JOB's to play once a week in a league but gets depressed each time because of the deplorable conditions. We've all seen those pool rooms where a great owner dies and the new owners know nothing about how to run a pool room. Maybe JOB's needs that cable TV reality guy who comes into a failing business and revamps it for the current owner.
Bobby Pickle was a great player and great fun to watch. Could beat anybody on a bar box when he was right. Beat Effern in the 9 ball at DCC once. Won and lost thousands playing pool. One of those super high octane guys. Unfortunately in and out of prison a lot. Bad druggie. The last deal, him and a couple other guys were on a 3 day drug bender and kidnapped this guy to rob him, guys name was Kashola...lol, got caught and they threw away the key this time as far as i know http://www.ask4direct.com/InfoRead.a...&InfoID=648384
Old 05-16-2018, 11:36 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Come to New Orleans for Buffallos tournament and we can match up, then hang around and watch the big dogs
Would love too Jim but my summer is pretty much booked