Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2018, 08:33 PM
Verified Member

Default Mini- Beast in the East

Friday I drove two hours from NYC area to Philadelphia to play Mitch at BlueGrass Billiards. Nice room with GC3s, good burgers, friendly staff. Iron man Mitch finally quit after 11 hours of play.

Saturday Darryl drive to Drexeline Billiards from Baltimore to challenge the Pilot. Darryl is a super nice guy to play. Donít hang any balls because Darryl will dig em out.

The tables at Drexeline are GC4s and play much better than the tables at Bluegrass.

Thanks to both Mitch and Darryl for the action. I had a good time and enjoyed some fine One Pocket from both guys.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Friday I drove two hours from NYC area to Philadelphia to play Mitch at BlueGrass Billiards. Nice room with GC3s, good burgers, friendly staff. Iron man Mitch finally quit after 11 hours of play.

Saturday Darryl drive to Drexeline Billiards from Baltimore to challenge the Pilot. Darryl is a super nice guy to play. Donít hang any balls because Darryl will dig em out.

The tables at Drexeline are GC4s and play much better than the tables at Bluegrass.

Thanks to both Mitch and Darryl for the action. I had a good time and enjoyed some fine One Pocket from both guys.

Thanks Jim I had a blast also! You played hard and deserved the win. Before someone asks.. Jim got the cheese! He got me two games after 11 tough hours of play. He was up one game with one last game to play so I had my chance to end even but I was toast lol. I tapped the ball unintentionally 3 or 4 times in that last game!! At one point the score was 5 (Jim) to -4 (me). I came back and got the game to 5 balls a piece but couldnít finish! Nice shooting Jim. Next time itís my turn again and I will try to pocket a ball for a change!! Lol. Glad you liked the room.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:30 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Thanks Jim I had a blast also! You played hard and deserved the win. Before someone asks.. Jim got the cheese! He got me two games after 11 tough hours of play. He was up one game with one last game to play so I had my chance to end even but I was toast lol. I tapped the ball unintentionally 3 or 4 times in that last game!! At one point the score was 5 (Jim) to -4 (me). I came back and got the game to 5 balls a piece but couldn’t finish! Nice shooting Jim. Next time it’s my turn again and I will try to pocket a ball for a change!! Lol. Glad you liked the room.
Dear Mr. Shoot at everything Mitch, next time I pick the tight pocket table

I met Jet. Real nice old gentleman. He must have been a real good player back in the day. He still hits em pretty good

Last edited by jtompilot; 09-29-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:44 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Dear Mr. Shoot at everything Mitch, next time I pick the tight pocket table

I met Jet. Real nice old gentleman. He must have been a real good player back in the day. He still hits em pretty good

Ha!! Feel free. It will only be worse for you 😆.

Yeah Jet knows the racket!!! Super nice guy. He and Jimmy Fusco were the best of friends for many years.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:48 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

Nice mini-beast. So I take it you are the new m-beast? Sounds like fun.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:23 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

Thanks Jim. That is a great room, isn't it? They keep about 4-6 tables reserved for nothing but one pocket. I read recently that they recovered all 20-24 tables at one time. We played on their tightest table which was also super fast and took some gettin used to.

I very much enjoyed the trip, it's fun to do that once in a while and get to play someone different than the local guys you always play with. You have a great opportunity to play lots of people and in various places, that's great.

You played very well, and while I was competitive for a while, I couldn't keep it up for the whole day. Mostly, I lost the CB too much on that fast table.

It was very enjoyable, you are a gentleman, and a straight shooting son of a gun.

Thanks for the experience.

Darrell
Old 09-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Verified Member

Mitch, two games down is a nice hook to keep him on your line. No fish can survive long above water, let alone pilot a plane. Don't let him play with a fishbowl helmet next time.

Good shooting you two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Thanks Jim I had a blast also! You played hard and deserved the win. Before someone asks.. Jim got the cheese! He got me two games after 11 tough hours of play. He was up one game with one last game to play so I had my chance to end even but I was toast lol. I tapped the ball unintentionally 3 or 4 times in that last game!! At one point the score was 5 (Jim) to -4 (me). I came back and got the game to 5 balls a piece but couldnít finish! Nice shooting Jim. Next time itís my turn again and I will try to pocket a ball for a change!! Lol. Glad you liked the room.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:06 PM
Verified Member

Sounds like you guys had a good time...and a fair game? Nice!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys sometime relatively soon.

Pilot look me up if you pass though Chicago and have some time on your hands!
Old 09-30-2018, 02:41 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
Sounds like you guys had a good time...and a fair game? Nice!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys sometime relatively soon.

Pilot look me up if you pass though Chicago and have some time on your hands!
I have a trip to Chicago next week. I hope I just didnít jinx myself
Anyways Iím flying into MDW Thursday. I play like shit on days I fly so youíll have an easy time with me Champ. Looking to test out Jerimy Chambers new rails on the tables at Red Shoes.

Iím off on Friday so Iíll head to Chrisís. Ghost is a little low on cash so Iíll help him out some and I would also like to play JR again.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:52 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
I have a trip to Chicago next week. I hope I just didnít jinx myself
Anyways Iím flying into MDW Thursday. I play like shit on days I fly so youíll have an easy time with me Champ. Looking to test out Jerimy Chambers new rails on the tables at Red Shoes.

Iím off on Friday so Iíll head to Chrisís. Ghost is a little low on cash so Iíll help him out some and I would also like to play JR again.
Jim, I would also like to play you again. I live between the north side of Chicago which is where Chris's is located and the south side of Chicago which is where Red Shoes (south side suburb) is located. I frequent both pool rooms. If your flying into Midway on Thursday, you'll probably be lodging on the south side of Chicago. I can meet you at Red Shoes on Thursday or Friday, just let me know the time. Win or lose or even if we don't play, I know a few restaurants and will buy you a good Windy City meal.