Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2019, 12:50 AM
Verified Member

Default Introduce Yourself New Members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonit68 View Post
Hello all, just registered last month and finally have a chance to introduce myself. My name is Joseph, I'm from Du Quoin Illinois and have been playing one pocket since I was a teenager, 41 now. Glad to see this site and the forum. I'm sure there is a ton of information here on the game. I see you're having a tournament in October, unfortunately, it looks like I won't qualify time wise. I was referred to the site by 1holenut. I used to play with him and Mike Surber when I lived on the coast. Now I play most of my one pocket in Metropolis Illinois with Buddy Hall and the crew at Sully's. Well, I'm sure I'll be active here in the future, after all, I don't get much one pocket action around here, so I'll have to live vicariously through this site. Maybe I'll come watch in October. Southaven is only 3.5 hours south of me.

Hello Joseph. Welcome! So you must know our buddy Crabcatjohn.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:09 AM
Verified Member

JOSEPH
welcome to the site
you play at a great room
john posted some pics
and the players in there have alot of experience
Old 07-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Hello all, just registered last month and finally have a chance to introduce myself. My name is Joseph, I'm from Du Quoin Illinois and have been playing one pocket since I was a teenager, 41 now. Glad to see this site and the forum. I'm sure there is a ton of information here on the game. I see you're having a tournament in October, unfortunately, it looks like I won't qualify time wise. I was referred to the site by 1holenut. I used to play with him and Mike Surber when I lived on the coast. Now I play most of my one pocket in Metropolis Illinois with Buddy Hall and the crew at Sully's. Well, I'm sure I'll be active here in the future, after all, I don't get much one pocket action around here, so I'll have to live vicariously through this site. Maybe I'll come watch in October. Southaven is only 3.5 hours south of me.
Joseph,
Sent you a PM. Take care.
Dustin Miller
Old 07-16-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
Glad you joined up. I didnt know you knew Jason. I'm the tournament director for Southaven so come down and hang with us. John and Tracy from Cape are members and entered too..This is Colorado who runs Sullys one pocket BTW...lol
Gotcha, yeah, I knew Jason years ago. I lived on the coast for a few years around Katrina. Love it down there and now my kids live there again. I'll be at Sully's this Saturday and then again for the next 1 pocket tournament. Even if we don't get enough, you know I'll be there on that front table.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:15 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Gotcha, yeah, I knew Jason years ago. I lived on the coast for a few years around Katrina. Love it down there and now my kids live there again. I'll be at Sully's this Saturday and then again for the next 1 pocket tournament. Even if we don't get enough, you know I'll be there on that front table.
Well I guess we should play some Saturday. About 1?
Old 07-16-2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
Well I guess we should play some Saturday. About 1?
I think they're having a 9 ball tournament this Saturday. I should be there about 1130 and will play some till tournament time.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:54 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
I think they're having a 9 ball tournament this Saturday. I should be there about 1130 and will play some till tournament time.
Ok, I just seen that. I thought it wasn't for two weeks. I might play in it again.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:41 PM

Default New Old Guy

Hi All,
Some call me Ozzie, actually my middle name, after the 1930s band leader Ozzie Nelson. I'm 81.
I started playing pool at about 15 yrs old, played a lot in my 20s and 30s, never real good, but one doesn't need to be, to beat most guys hanging around a room. In college I played a lot of 3 cushion.
Up until about two months ago I hadn't played for 40 years!
In a neighborhood blog I saw a guy looking to play pool, 8 ball, 9 ball, one pocket, new in town. One pocket, that caught my attention. I wrote that if I were 20 years younger I'd take him on. After a while he convinced me to give it a try.
Well those balls just wouldn't go to where I was sending them, what the hell.
We've been playing once a week, for about an hour and a half; I get tired, physically and mentally. I started to practice a little, only about 5 hours a week, and the stroke is starting to straighten out. Yesterday we played 5 games and I won the last one! Yaaa! Hal has an eagle eye. He's 70.
We're in Sarasota and there is only one pool room and not many players that we've seen. Haven't seen any one pocket.
I have lots of stories I could tell, unfortunately not about one pocket.
I don't expect to post a lot, but I will read.
Cheers,
Ozzie
Old 08-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieii View Post
Hi All,
Some call me Ozzie, actually my middle name, after the 1930s band leader Ozzie Nelson. I'm 81.
I started playing pool at about 15 yrs old, played a lot in my 20s and 30s, never real good, but one doesn't need to be, to beat most guys hanging around a room. In college I played a lot of 3 cushion.
Up until about two months ago I hadn't played for 40 years!
In a neighborhood blog I saw a guy looking to play pool, 8 ball, 9 ball, one pocket, new in town. One pocket, that caught my attention. I wrote that if I were 20 years younger I'd take him on. After a while he convinced me to give it a try.
Well those balls just wouldn't go to where I was sending them, what the hell.
We've been playing once a week, for about an hour and a half; I get tired, physically and mentally. I started to practice a little, only about 5 hours a week, and the stroke is starting to straighten out. Yesterday we played 5 games and I won the last one! Yaaa! Hal has an eagle eye. He's 70.
We're in Sarasota and there is only one pool room and not many players that we've seen. Haven't seen any one pocket.
I have lots of stories I could tell, unfortunately not about one pocket.
I don't expect to post a lot, but I will read.
Cheers,
Ozzie
Welcome aboard. Feel free to ask questions if you need help navigating around or have one pocket questions. Lots of good pool knowledge on here.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:59 PM
Verified Member

hi ozzie
welcome..
i would love to hear your stories
larry