Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2017, 09:58 AM

Default Possible shot

I'm admittedly a one pocket newbie. Watch it but have played less than 15 full games. So forgive me if this is dumb shot idea.At 6:30:04 of YouTube video day 4 with score at 38-38 and Dennis has come up short does anybody see the 14 off the 13? I know it's aggressive but does anyone think it's a good idea?Take it easy on me��
Old 07-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledrums View Post
I'm admittedly a one pocket newbie. Watch it but have played less than 15 full games. So forgive me if this is dumb shot idea.At 6:30:04 of YouTube video day 4 with score at 38-38 and Dennis has come up short does anybody see the 14 off the 13? I know it's aggressive but does anyone think it's a good idea?Take it easy on me��
Keep in mind that I'm not one of the better players (or analysts) here, but here's my "courtesy" response:

I think you're right that the shot can be made, and the likelihood of make or miss would vary among players' skills. What to do with the cue ball would vary also as would success at accomplishing whatever one decided to try.

This is the kind of shot that I will generally shoot only if I think I see a clear path to safety in case I miss, and frequently the problem with that is that I'm trying to put the CB in a place that won't allow me to make a second ball if I make the first one. If I were to shoot that carom, I think I'd be trying to bring the cue ball back to the bottom rail behind the 15, coming 2 rails out of the upper left corner with a lot of left-hand spin. Pretty low percentage for me, so I'd almost always be looking for a different shot here.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:58 PM

Well imo what separated Tony was his ability to turn around a bad situation so I looked at it from that perspective. I don't even disagree with DO in how he played it. I think Tony might have went for it but it's speculation on my part
Old 07-16-2017, 04:33 PM
Verified Member

Sunday is a slow day, I don't watch pool, I'm sure you'll have more responses later.

Welcome to the site, it's like a pool room ask what you need.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working