Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2011, 12:52 PM

Default Hard Times US Open One Pocket Qualifier Results

US Open One Pocket Qualifier at Hard Times in Sacramento, CA

1st $300 and Entry fee paid to US Open One Pocket tournament

##############Amar Kang####################

2nd $200 Billy Palmer
3rd $120 Bart Mahoney
4th $80 Shawn Roy
5th (tie) $60 Steve Housh and Jeff Heath
7th (tie) $40 Robert Aldana and Frank Nordmann
Old 04-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactownTom
US Open One Pocket Qualifier at Hard Times in Sacramento, CA

1st $300 and Entry fee paid to US Open One Pocket tournament

##############Amar Kang####################

2nd $200 Billy Palmer
3rd $120 Bart Mahoney
4th $80 Shawn Roy
5th (tie) $60 Steve Housh and Jeff Heath
7th (tie) $40 Robert Aldana and Frank Nordmann
Great to see Amar Kang back in the game and I look forward to watching him compete out in Vegas! Now we need his cousin back too

How many players did you have, Tom?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Verified Member

Congratulations to Amar! That Bart M. is something else. Just keeps on playing well. Sumbich must be as old as Henderson...

Doc
Old 04-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve
Great to see Amar Kang back in the game and I look forward to watching him compete out in Vegas! Now we need his cousin back too

I seen Billy Palmer play he playes a real good game off one pocket. And nine ball.

He has a lot off ability and talent. And when I seen him play he loves the compatition. And he showes a lot off heart.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc
Congratulations to Amar! That Bart M. is something else. Just keeps on playing well. Sumbich must be as old as Henderson...

Doc
He may be younger than you Doc. He has been giving me fits lately, in the tournaments and for a little cash too.

I was knocked out early. Won a little $$ before the tournament giving someone 9/7 and the same guy put me in the losers bracket playing even in the tournament and Baby Frank finished me off.

Now that Raphael is out of town the tournaments are turning into the Amar & Billy show. The 9 ball is today and likely to be the same thing.

I am taking the day off from pool and the ladyfriend and I are going to go see Daffodil Hill in Volcano, CA. Of course I am very excited about this instead of hanging in the pool room all day.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:47 PM

30 strong players... all wanting to take a piece of the action..

Couple $50/game One Pocket matches afterwards. Just so much fun on a Saturday night... I love it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve

Old 04-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy
He may be younger than you Doc. He has been giving me fits lately, in the tournaments and for a little cash too.

I was knocked out early. Won a little $$ before the tournament giving someone 9/7 and the same guy put me in the losers bracket playing even in the tournament and Baby Frank finished me off.

Now that Raphael is out of town the tournaments are turning into the Amar & Billy show. The 9 ball is today and likely to be the same thing.

I am taking the day off from pool and the ladyfriend and I are going to go see Daffodil Hill in Volcano, CA. Of course I am very excited about this instead of hanging in the pool room all day.
That's funny! 'Course you gotta humor the little things once in awhile. Hey, The Baby seems to like to lure guys over to Sacto, then pounce on them. How good does this guy play, anyway???

Years back I lucked out and beat Bart in a 9-ball match at a tournament at Kim Davenport's old room in Modesto. He wouldn't speak to me after that. It was the same event where Ron Allen (not Ronnie) had Chris MacDonald stuck 6-0 in a race to seven, but Chris came roaring back to beat him 7-6! Ron cracked us all up when he said, "Hey, I just lost seven games in a row, but I'm ready to play!" Wonder what ever happened to Ron?

Doc
Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc
That's funny! 'Course you gotta humor the little things once in awhile. Hey, The Baby seems to like to lure guys over to Sacto, then pounce on them. How good does this guy play, anyway???

Years back I lucked out and beat Bart in a 9-ball match at a tournament at Kim Davenport's old room in Modesto. He wouldn't speak to me after that. It was the same event where Ron Allen (not Ronnie) had Chris MacDonald stuck 6-0 in a race to seven, but Chris came roaring back to beat him 7-6! Ron cracked us all up when he said, "Hey, I just lost seven games in a row, but I'm ready to play!" Wonder what ever happened to Ron?

Doc
Young Ron Allen moved to Las Vegas several years ago. Do not know where he is now.

About 10/12 years ago we were all playing in a tournament and ended up in the bar. Someone decided they wanted a pic of both Ronny Allen's together. While they were posing for the picture, old Ronny leaned over to young Ronny and said " If you ever go through Fort Worth, don't tell them you are Ronny Allen". You had to be there and we were all half s*** faced, but it was hilarious at the time.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Verified Member

Default trying to clock

Listen DOC,you sound like a real nice guy,but when you post on the internet wanting to know how somebody plays,well let's just say it might not be proper.but anyways here goes.in order to play the baby you got to be at 60 yr old,known to go off once in awhile,not afraid to take all the bull---- when it comes your way.partially blind,retired and getting those social security checks or something along those lines.the baby is just a wannabe,you v'e seen those kind befor haven't you.anyway thats who the baby is.............p.s. send him a private message if you want to no more...............peace out
Old 04-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaby
Listen DOC,you sound like a real nice guy,but when you post on the internet wanting to know how somebody plays,well let's just say it might not be proper.but anyways here goes.in order to play the baby you got to be at 60 yr old,known to go off once in awhile,not afraid to take all the bull---- when it comes your way.partially blind,retired and getting those social security checks or something along those lines.the baby is just a wannabe,you v'e seen those kind befor haven't you.anyway thats who the baby is.............p.s. send him a private message if you want to no more...............peace out
Frank, I like your style, and you're alright with me!! You knew I was just teasin' Hendy because you knocked him out of the tournament. I pretty much meet your criteria for competition: 66 years old, playing worse every year. If I ever get out to Sacto, I'll look you up.

Doc