Scott Frost vs. Mitch Ellerman Live Now Free (Race to 5)

bernie p

Verified Member
Ellerman wins it 5/3. Mitch is a hell of a player and terrific shot maker, but Scott does not look like the guy that beat me 10/5 a few years ago.

Thanks Bernie, for some excellent commentary on the finals.

John,

Thanks. This was one of the most exciting matches I've watched in a long time.

Here is the link: [ame]http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/45858341[/ame]

As most of you know both Frost and Ellerman have aggressive games, so this one is not be missed.

I feel that Scott played really good, but Mitch just came with it when if mattered.

Btw, if you step away from your screen for a just few minutes you may miss a couple of games:lol

Bernie.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
Hey Bernie,

I left as Mitch and Tom were starting their match. I figured with my 2.5 hour ride home, I would catch the Finals. NOT!!!

I logged in 10 minutes after the match was over :(

So Mitch beat Tom, race to 3 and then he beat Scott 5 to 3. All of this was done in under 3 hours...WOWZA!!!

He plays 1 hole about as fast as some folks play 10ball.

bernie p

Verified Member
Hey Bernie,

I left as Mitch and Tom were starting their match. I figured with my 2.5 hour ride home, I would catch the Finals. NOT!!!

I logged in 10 minutes after the match was over :(

So Mitch beat Tom, race to 3 and then he beat Scott 5 to 3. All of this was done in under 3 hours...WOWZA!!!

He plays 1 hole about as fast as some folks play 10ball.

Chris,

It's too bad that you missed Tom Neil's match with Mitch. Mitch was leading 2-0 and Tom came back to needing just one short rail bank to eliminate Mitch at hill-hill.

Tom showed his extensive 3C experience by playing 4 or 5 shots that you rarely see any 1P player shoot. (I will be practicing a couple of them myself ;) ). I was very impressed with his play.

Bernie.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Just wanted to let Bernie P know that you are one of the BEST commentators I've heard for one pocket Live streaming. You have a NATURAL voice for broadcasting, you concise, accurate, knowledgeable about local players and very entertaining with your delivery.

Hope to hear more from you!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Was Frost using his new cue? Saw some pics of it on AZB, pretty fancy.

Yes, he was.

Chris,

Tom showed his extensive 3C experience by playing 4 or 5 shots that you rarely see any 1P player shoot. (I will be practicing a couple of them myself ;) ). I was very impressed with his play.

Bernie.

Any way to describe or show them, Bernie?

8andout

Verified Member
John,

Thanks. This was one of the most exciting matches I've watched in a long time.

Here is the link: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/45858341

As most of you know both Frost and Ellerman have aggressive games, so this one is not be missed.

I feel that Scott played really good, but Mitch just came with it when if mattered.

Btw, if you step away from your screen for a just few minutes you may miss a couple of games:lol

Bernie.

I wouldn't call this match exciting- but it sure was high-powered! Not my style of onehole.

bernie p

Verified Member
Yes, he was.

Any way to describe or show them, Bernie?

Hi Mitch,

Nothing fancy.....they were shots that most intermediate players would shoot as simple 1 or 2 rail banks, but Tom shot all of them as 1 or 2 rail kicks, where instead of giving up potential control with a bank that does not go in the pocket, he maintained control with blocking cover, or attained better position with the kicks.

I would need to be on a table with you, to get the full benefit of it, perhaps next years DCC.

Thanks.

Bernie.

bernie p

Verified Member
Just wanted to let Bernie P know that you are one of the BEST commentators I've heard for one pocket Live streaming. You have a NATURAL voice for broadcasting, you concise, accurate, knowledgeable about local players and very entertaining with your delivery.

Hope to hear more from you!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Bill,

Thanks, it was good "chatting" with you.

Bernie.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Hi Mitch,

Nothing fancy.....they were shots that most intermediate players would shoot as simple 1 or 2 rail banks, but Tom shot all of them as 1 or 2 rail kicks, where instead of giving up potential control with a bank that does not go in the pocket, he maintained control with blocking cover, or attained better position with the kicks.

I would need to be on a table with you, to get the full benefit of it, perhaps next years DCC.

Thanks.

Bernie.

Thanks Bernie.

I will look forward to hitting some balls at next years DCC. Was a pleasure meeting you at this past one. So far I'm undefeated when you're in the room :)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Excellent commentary

Excellent commentary

Bernie, I really enjoyed listening to your analysis of the options available and also of the thinking behind the many options that were chosen and not chosen. Your commentary carried a high instructional value and you were very pleasant to listen to. Thanks for sharing this with us, it made my morning more interesting, thanks again.

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

bernie p

Verified Member
Thanks Bernie.

I will look forward to hitting some balls at next years DCC. Was a pleasure meeting you at this past one. So far I'm undefeated when you're in the room :)

Mitch,

I did'nt know I had that power :lol

Had I known it, I probably woulda' responded like a few of our more colorful OnePocket.Orger's.......and......asked for a little "jelly";)

Bernie.

bernie p

Verified Member
Bernie, I really enjoyed listening to your analysis of the options available and also of the thinking behind the many options that were chosen and not chosen. Your commentary carried a high instructional value and you were very pleasant to listen to. Thanks for sharing this with us, it made my morning more interesting, thanks again.

Bill Incardona

Bill,

I appreciate the comment.

Perhaps the time we spent commentating together in the US Open booth rubbed off, on me....:lol

Thanks.

Bernie.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hi Bernie....I only caught the last three games, but as you said, and as I already know, Mitch is a scary-good shotmaker....and let me add that I also think you do an excellent job commentating.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Hi Bernie....and let me add that I also think you do an excellent job commentating.

- Ghost

Bernie does do a great job commentating. He's a shoe-in for the senile AccuStats commentator who should quit now, before calling Pat Fleming "cheap" on the air again and acting like he's joking.

Bernie also has a potential groupie in Fanatic:). Of course, due to her "handle" in the chat one evening Bernie thought it was a guy coming on to him and talking about his accent. Her handle? Fanny Fanatic.

I had to let Bernie know that FF was all woman:)

Dennis