How Many Spot Shots....

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Not trying to knock your action Jay...but I will give ANYONE, 5 (FIVE) tries, at ONLY 50 in a row....any takers ??? :eek: (9 ft. table only)

I'll bet there's a slew of players from Chicago that have flat out robbed people on this proposition bet(ONLY 50 in a row?), & I'll bet Freddy was there to witness it:) .

Sorry Freddy, I couldn't resist:D

Dennis.

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
SJDinPHX said:
I totally agree with Jay's evaluation of the spot shot. I will bet against 15 in a row...with any player in the world.
I think you all may be surprised at how few taker's you would get on that wager.

If you allow them to get in a groove, (with someone spotting the balls) they may beat it once or twice in 10 tries.

Not trying to knock your action Jay...but I will give ANYONE, 5 (FIVE) tries, at ONLY 50 in a row....any takers ??? :eek: (9 ft. table only)

PS..You can pick a $$$ number for either bet...:cool:

what type of table? I might be up for a friendly wager...hell couldn't hurt to try...If i can do 17 on a snooker table I'd say I like my chances on that with 5 tries for some hundred dollar bills.....but where the hell would we do that?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Greyghost said:
what type of table? I might be up for a friendly wager...hell couldn't hurt to try...If i can do 17 on a snooker table I'd say I like my chances on that with 5 tries for some hundred dollar bills.....but where the hell would we do that?

GG,

If you have enough C-notes, I will fly you here to Phoenix, and pick you up in a limo...:D :D :D :cool:

PS..The TV table at Kolby's.. Diamond Pro-Am, 4 1/2 X 9'...with 4.35" pockets...I'll even let you pick your favorite side to shoot from, for the 50 in a row prop.

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Greyghost said:
I never really praticed the shot to see how many I could get on the pool table, just shoot it in a few times. When I lived up in tulsa we used to gamble on that shot on the 10' snooker table shooting with the pool balls. Took 20 snaps at it and made 19 total and 17 in a row. Won me a cool hundred. I'm glad you guys started this thread b/c I should definately start praticing that shot again....it is very important.

I'll admit tho that you sure can groove in when shooting the shot repeadetly, I just wouldn't move and kept my feet still and just kept dropping down and keeping the same line...and it just kept going.

There was a young guy we called Mississippi around Orange County in So. Calif in the 60's that would bust you shooting the spot shot on a 5 x 10 and the break on a billiard table.

He couldn't play much but he had these two shots down. He got a lot of bets down because he was a weak player, but he was zoned in on those shots.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
SJDinPHX said:
GG,

If you have enough C-notes, I will fly you here to Phoenix, and pick you up in a limo...:D :D :D :cool:

PS..The TV table at Kolby's.. Diamond Pro-Am, 4 1/2 X 9'...with 4.35" pockets...I'll even let you pick your favorite side to shoot from, for the 50 in a row prop.
Dick, will you let me have some of your action on this prop?

Your closest and dearest friend,

Doc

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
SJDinPHX said:
GG,

Well I don't think I'll be betting enough for you to fly me there and get a limo pick up lol, but am always up for a challenge. Are you going to the T-Town one hole classic? It would be much more conveinent there (its hard now days to get around being that i got the 7&7 job). Honestly I'd put up 500 on it but thats about as high as I'll go. Give me some time and I might even throw up a grand. Lets not forget about it, just some patience to find the time to do so or a closer place we might both be at.

If we do hook up I'd love to get down with some one hole too :)

merry christmas,
Keeb

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
gulfportdoc said:
Dick, will you let me have some of your action on this prop?

Your closest and dearest friend,

Doc

dam doc dont beg to take my money lol....I like the prop and its good action...would be fun if we can find the time and a closer place.

Hell I wanted to go to the Reno Barbox champs but its on a week that I'm working...so it makes it hard to miss work when that alone takes over 2g out my pocket.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jrhendy said:
There was a young guy we called Mississippi around Orange County in So. Calif in the 60's that would bust you shooting the spot shot on a 5 x 10 and the break on a billiard table.

He couldn't play much but he had these two shots down. He got a lot of bets down because he was a weak player, but he was zoned in on those shots.

I still think its a real good bet John. I realize there are some that might really zero in on the spot shot. (mark on the wall, etc.)

Titanic used to kick 3 rails better than guys who could give him 8/4 playing one hole. Some guy's are almost "autistic" at certain gaffs.

San <---has gone off, up against worse traps, at least there will only be ONE person who can "dog it" with that prop...:eek:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Greyghost said:
dam doc dont beg to take my money lol....I like the prop and its good action...would be fun if we can find the time and a closer place.

Hell I wanted to go to the Reno Barbox champs but its on a week that I'm working...so it makes it hard to miss work when that alone takes over 2g out my pocket.

GG,

I am real doubtful for the DCC this year, but if you make it there, I will see that you get action...We can do a contract of some sort ? I would be willing to post a nickel or a dime, with someone we both know..;)

All I ask for is pockets 4 1/2" or under, on a 9' table. (and of course a trustworthy witness..:eek:, like Doc or John H.)

Last edited:

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
SJDinPHX said:
GG,

I am real doubtful for the DCC this year, but if you make it there, I will see that you get action...Can we do a contract of some sort ? I would be willing to post a nickel or a dime, with someone we both know..;)

All I ask for is pockets 4 1/2" or under, on a 9' table. (and of course a trustworthy witness..:eek:, like Doc or John H.)

Yea I wont be at the derby either...as usual work is in the way. I will be up at Magoos in feb on the diamonds and last I knew they were cut to 4 1/2. Unless I go to meet up with doc to do it down around his parts. I'm sure fatboy wouldnt mind holding the stakes. When I get home off the rig, I'll try and look at my schedule and see what we can do. Always liked that kind of prop bet.

Could definately hook up with Doc as he is closer to me, and would have no problems at all with him holding the cash.

Looking forward to it,
Keeb-

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Greyghost said:
Yea I wont be at the derby either...as usual work is in the way. I will be up at Magoos in feb on the diamonds and last I knew they were cut to 4 1/2. Unless I go to meet up with doc to do it down around his parts. I'm sure fatboy wouldnt mind holding the stakes. When I get home off the rig, I'll try and look at my schedule and see what we can do. Always liked that kind of prop bet.

Could definately hook up with Doc as he is closer to me, and would have no problems at all with him holding the cash.

Looking forward to it,
Keeb-
Well, that makes 3 of us not going to the DCC (4, counting DeeMan). I don't like the venue or the weather. But yeah, if you'd like to come to Gulfport, or possibly even New Orleans, we could work something out that Dick approves.

BTW, I see White Diamond's is having another big $$$ bar box event, I believe on Jan. 7th. The side action on the big tables is supposed to be pretty stellar. Have you been to one of those?

Doc

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
yes sir Lil john played Shane winters in a 12k dollar set and Shane took it down.

Theres lots of action going on.

Last tourney scooter, myself, bobby pickle and others were flipping quarters for a good chnk of change.

Lil D was there, as were Jeremy Jones, Chip Compton, Joey Grey and others.

I usually end up coming in after the tourney is started b/c of work but always make it in to watch....

its the best bar box tournament in the country imop.

and gulfport i wouldnt mind going there at all its not too far away, i believe what 4hrs from lafayette? I can't guarantee when I can get free but definately would like to do this....props like that are my favorite tests of skill and i really miss that from tulsa....they wont even gamble on the ghost down here, and one pocket is nonexistent....i could cry doc lol

The payouts with calcutta have been over 30k for quite some time and its been in the 40k range. Great tournament.

I probably wont be able to play again bc of a prior wedding engagement i have to go to but wil be there to watch and get in action as always.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Greyghost said:
Last tourney scooter, myself, bobby pickle and others were flipping quarters for a good chnk of change.

...and gulfport i wouldnt mind going there at all its not too far away, i believe what 4hrs from lafayette? I can't guarantee when I can get free but definately would like to do this....props like that are my favorite tests of skill and i really miss that from tulsa....they wont even gamble on the ghost down here, and one pocket is nonexistent....i could cry doc lol

...I probably wont be able to play again bc of a prior wedding engagement i have to go to but wil be there to watch and get in action as always.
Well, I can see that you're a gambling man.;) For my part, I can get involved in the spot shot prop any Saturday. Skeeter's is not crowded on Sat. afternoons. We'd have to coordinate it with Dick re the stakes.

Would you require an assistant to spot the ball up each time, or would you do that yourself?

Let's hear from Dick, either on this thread, or via PMs.

Doc

ChicagoRJ

Verified Member
From
St. Charles, IL
I'll take that bet !!

I'll take that bet !!

SJDinPHX said:
I totally agree with Jay's evaluation of the spot shot. I will bet against 15 in a row...with any player in the world.
I think you all may be surprised at how few taker's you would get on that wager.

If you allow them to get in a groove, (with someone spotting the balls) they may beat it once or twice in 10 tries.

PS..You can pick a $$$ number for either bet...:cool:

I will take some of that action. But I will need Efren to be the shooter. Maybe at at DCC we can make it work. He needs to make 15 spot shots in a row. I'm guessing pros are in the 95% category for making a spot shot... Maybe Efren is in the 98% range, and yeah, he might miss a few out of a hundred, but I can't think he would miss one of the first couple of dozen. So I'll take some of that if Efren is able and willing? I'll consider a few other top pros for the same bet. Would be fun to watch, more fun to win the bet.... I'm up for it !! Maybe the AZ room!! I see that you are not going to be at DCC, but I'll gladly put up a nickel or dime with the Beard to hold and judge the contest !!
take care, RJ

SJDinPHX

Suspended
RJWilkinson said:
I will take some of that action. But I will need Efren to be the shooter. Maybe at at DCC we can make it work. He needs to make 15 spot shots in a row. I'm guessing pros are in the 95% category for making a spot shot... Maybe Efren is in the 98% range, and yeah, he might miss a few out of a hundred, but I can't think he would miss one of the first couple of dozen. So I'll take some of that if Efren is able and willing? I'll consider a few other top pros for the same bet. Would be fun to watch, more fun to win the bet.... I'm up for it !! Maybe the AZ room!! I see that you are not going to be at DCC, but I'll gladly put up a nickel or dime with the Beard to hold and judge the contest !!
take care, RJ

RJ,

I am going to back off a little on the 15 in a row, I've allready flushed a few guys out of the woodwork for that bet. And they are a lot softer than Efren, he is one guy who might actually get there. I don't think he'd bet his own on it though. ICBW

He (or anyone) can shoot for the 50 out of 50 bet though.(five tries)

I'll PM you, we can talk.

beatle

Verified Member
at 15 in a row there will be a line around the block to take any one off wanting to bet against it. maybe even a few over 50 years old as well.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Easy for you to say...

Easy for you to say...

beatle said:
at 15 in a row there will be a line around the block to take any one off wanting to bet against it. maybe even a few over 50 years old as well.

It is a lot tougher, than a lot of people seem to think it is...miss once..you lose ! Thats a lot more pressure, than just making it once.

Spot shots are not a gimmie...I usually made them too, but have you ever seen anyone concede the game...on a spot shot from the kitchen ?
I really don't think very many TOP PLAYER'S (with a brain) would fire at 15 in a row, with their own cash..:cool:

If its so easy, I would let them mark a target spot on the rail,... and bet they can't do 25 in a row..:eek:

You people are crazy...JMHO

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
I really don't think very many TOP PLAYER'S (with a brain) would fire at 15 in a row, with their own cash..:cool:

That 2 or 3 players are smart enough not to shoot it may be true enough, but the other 80,000 pool players will bust you:D .

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
That 2 or 3 players are smart enough not to shoot it may be true enough, but the other 80,000 pool players will bust you:D .

YOU can bust me, by making only 2 (two) in a row !..:cool: :cool: :cool:

PS..Beard must witness !

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
YOU can bust me, by making only 2 (two) in a row !..:cool: :cool: :cool:

PS..Beard must witness !

To tell the complete truth, I would not bet too high on 2 in a row. When I practice them I feel great, stroke feels dangerous, my head says "oh yeah" just spear it in. But then when I shoot, it may hit the end-rail, the side-rail and sometimes the pocket. I plain and simply can't see the cueball good enough to know where the shot is going. It's tough missing so many of the shot that I've always loved in tough spots for the cash, but like Rod says, "gettin' old ain't for sissies".