2017 Tournament Details

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
Several things that need to be covered here for the start of the tournament.

6/16/17 - 2:30pm - Lizz and myself will be available for player check-in and have the shirts available for those who had ordered them. I would like to do the draw ASAP when all players are checked in.

6/16/17 - 3:30pm - We will have a very short player's meeting in regards to rules and then proceed with the calcutta.

6/16/17 - 4:00pm - The first round will begin for the tournament.

For the registered players that may not be able to attend, please let me know if you would like your entry donated to the tourney or a refund and I will take care of it.

I have attached a pic of the shirts that arrived today!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Matt

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Thanks for taking the time to post the plan Matt. Look forward to seeing everybody again. I'll be there for the sign in and nice job on the shirts.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
i think you'd probably want to do the draw after the calcutta
;)

The draw will be computerized so it does not matter who went for what in the calcutta. I will tell you that I will have ZERO bids on myself and I am ok with that. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Since we are starting at 4pm, I would like to get 2 rounds in on Friday night. I think that way if there are some slower matches we avoid ending late on Sunday like last year.

Matt, if you do that, you'd be issuing a death sentence to 8 of the players on the 1st day, unless of course there is someway to avoid playing the 8 matches of the losers bracket... Up to you, but it might be a little rough on the unfortunate 8...

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Matt, if you do that, you'd be issuing a death sentence to 8 of the players on the 1st day, unless of course there is someway to avoid playing the 8 matches of the losers bracket... Up to you, but it might be a little rough on the unfortunate 8...

You can't avoid the loser matches, there are more of them... I personally don't mind being out with the other losers of the first round Friday night, more time for matching up. Like you Matt, for 40.00 i won't be participating in the auction.

Last edited:

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN

I fully expect to go 2 and out and still have fun for the weekend, so it would only be 7 unfortunate players!!!!

Cory in dc

Verified Member
You can't avoid the loser matches, there are more of them... I personally don't mind being out with the other losers of the first round Friday night, more time for matching up. Like you Matt, for 40.00 i won't be participating in the auction.

I think 2 rounds the first day is necessary to keep the bracket moving, even if 8 players are eliminated. It will actually be 6 or 7, since I think we have some byes. Personally, I don't mind if I go 2 and out.

In fact, we have enough tables to have a $50 entry 2 & Out Club side tournament if people are interested. It could start on Saturday afternoon and be a single elimination tournament. I'm happy to organize, whether I go 2 & out or not.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I think 2 rounds the first day is necessary to keep the bracket moving, even if 8 players are eliminated. It will actually be 6 or 7, since I think we have some byes. Personally, I don't mind if I go 2 and out.

In fact, we have enough tables to have a $50 entry 2 & Out Club side tournament if people are interested. It could start on Saturday afternoon and be a single elimination tournament. I'm happy to organize, whether I go 2 & out or not.
That's a great plan except i really don't want to be the only guy to go 2 and out twice :lol

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN

That does not sound like a bad idea!

chicagomike

Verified Member

That's some solid thinking.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
To answer several questions at once, this is what my thoughts are and I will update the main post in this thread later tonight after receiving some feedback.

2 rounds will happen on Friday night and the 2nd round that evening will consist of WINNERS side only.

Calcutta will be paid to 4 spots and percentages will be 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%.

The top 8 players will be paid for tournament placement.