1P player review matches/videos

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
Hi all,

I am only aware of the following three player review 1P matches from Accu-stats:

1) Jimmy Fusco vs. Nick Varner | 1991 Legends Of One Pocket - Philadelphia Style*| P1P-06D
2) Steve Dobrowolski vs. Buddy Hall | 1995 Roanoke One Pocket | R1P2-06D
3) Scott Frost vs. Efren Reyes | 2010 Derby City One Pocket | D12-1P10D

However, Pat appears to have taken the first one off sale due to messed up sound recording.

I think they are all great value and just wondered whether you guys are aware of any other player commentated matches (not necessarily Accu-stats)?

P.S. Without diminishing the educational value of the 1988 Ronnie Allen vs Danny DiLiberto match, it probably sits outside this category IMHO.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
If I understand your question, there are probably hundreds of one-pocket matches with commentary from Accu Stats alone. Just contact them online and request a catalog. I have dozens in my collection.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If I understand your question, there are probably hundreds of one-pocket matches with commentary from Accu Stats alone. Just contact them online and request a catalog. I have dozens in my collection.

No, what he is talking about are the very few that have the "player review" commentary dubbed in after the match -- by one of the players who competed in the match. Not the commentary recorded during the match.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
No, what he is talking about are the very few that have the "player review" commentary dubbed in after the match -- by one of the players who competed in the match. Not the commentary recorded during the match.

You are right Steve. Apologies that my earlier post could have been more clear.

There appears to be another match from LOP 1991 (the earlier one, held in Columbia, SC) - Hopkins vs Varner with both Allen and Nick commentating alongside Bill Incardona.

Is anyone aware of any other matches ?

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK

Thanks vapros. I do have a printed catalog which Pat sent together with the DVDs I had ordered from Accu-stats. The last two player review matches from my first post do get a mention in the catalog. I just wonder whether there are any other, earlier matches (likely available in VHS only) which had one/both of the contestants doing commentary after the match.

I also have many other 1P Accu-stats videos but I feel that I've learned much more from the matches reviewed by the players as these matches help to understand and improve my shot selection better.