Does anyone know this shot?

The Grinder

From
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I Have seen Jayme Goodwin & Richie Richeson both make this shot and I have tried it numerous times with no success. They banked the bal straight back at about 600 miles per hour. The ball was frozen or extremely close to it and the cue ball was straight on. I assume you would use high right, but I am not sure.

START(
%Ar8W9%PL1W3%QA7[3%UF0Z9%Vq9X2%Wq2W8%XL8W2

)END

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Shot

Shot

The Grinder said:
I Have seen Jayme Goodwin & Richie Richeson both make this shot and I have tried it numerous times with no success. They banked the bal straight back at about 600 miles per hour. The ball was frozen or extremely close to it and the cue ball was straight on. I assume you would use high right, but I am not sure.

START(
%Ar8W9%PL1W3%QA7[3%UF0Z9%Vq9X2%Wq2W8%XL8W2

)END
I am not known for my banking (or anything else) but I would say you use extreme low right.

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
This is a Pinch Shot.........

This is a Pinch Shot.........

It is hit with extreme middle right english, The reason it is shot hard is because you need to make the object ball indent into the cushion so the cue ball has a chance to get out of the way. The extreme english also holds and reverses the object ball.

TY & GL, OHB

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That must be a beautiful shot to see made. However it's really more of a trick shot. It's such a low percentage possibility with high sellout potential that I can't imagine ever shooting it in a money game; except perhaps if I needed all the balls, and the rest of them are clustered near the head rail on my opponent's side of the table. :eek: Maybe Cliff or Shannon would shoot it.

Doc

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
I don't think I would shoot it either.

I don't think I would shoot it either.

gulfportdoc said:
That must be a beautiful shot to see made. However it's really more of a trick shot. It's such a low percentage possibility with high sellout potential that I can't imagine ever shooting it in a money game; except perhaps if I needed all the balls, and the rest of them are clustered near the head rail on my opponent's side of the table. :eek: Maybe Cliff or Shannon would shoot it.

Doc

Doc - But I have seen it shot. Usually out of desperation, like you said.
Another reason it has to be shot hard is to keep the cue ball from curving.

TY & GL, OHB