Onepocket.org--the return

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Terry Ardeno said:
You were missed Fred. In fact, I missed you a lot! I'm goning to call the Mrs & tell her the great news.....The Beard is back!

Welcome back Fred...:) (like Tramp Steamer said...I never even noticed you were gone)

Duck <---is sure he's not one of the four guy's on ignore..;) :D

Last edited:

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
I didn't know you were gone Freddy, but then I have been gone also and am returning for some peace and quiet and to concentrate more on my One Pocket game. I've just been embroiled in nearly two weeks worth of arguing about that damn CTE crap over on the other network and I'm tired of it. That stuff was invented for pool player wannabes, who in reality can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time. Anyway, I'm glad we're both back.

crystal cue

Verified Member
Tramp Steamer said:
I didn't know you were gone Freddy, but then I have been gone also and am returning for some peace and quiet and to concentrate more on my One Pocket game. I've just been embroiled in nearly two weeks worth of arguing about that damn CTE crap over on the other network and I'm tired of it. That stuff was invented for pool player wannabes, who in reality can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time. Anyway, I'm glad we're both back.

Glad to see you are both back,keep up the good work fellas.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Fred, don't look at this! Just keep scrolling...

Fred, don't look at this! Just keep scrolling...

SJDinPHX said:
Welcome back Fred...:)

At least let him get his bags unpacked! :D

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Welcome back.

I've been talking to people on computers since almost 1990, so I've seen my share of words, not to mention having lived in both rural Maine and Los Angeles(and a couple other places). I don't expect everyone, including folks I know in person, to like each other even if I may like both of them. Adults will do what they will and, as adults, are responsible for dealing with the problems that they face. I just hope people do the right and good things, that's all.

Your input is very helpful to others and much appreciated, as are your stories. I'm a small fry here, so I've decided to leave the talk to the big fish for now. I hope we get more Beard contributions, as some of the current threads that I've been hoping to see more in have been dying off prematurely.

Be well and enjoy life.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Why'd ja hav to do dat?

Why'd ja hav to do dat?

jrhendy said:
You might be all four.:eek:

JH, you know when you reply to a post that becomes an escape hatch for the IGNORee's. Up til now I was thinking about rooting for you against Little Al, but I will now have to reconsider.
On the bright side, re your upcoming match with L'il Al, for those, Da Beard-couldnta-beat-dose-guys-on-dat-infernal-list, you can do them a solid, and confirm their charges by picking up a clocking from Little Al, a guy I messed with when he and I could both play a little. Al was one of the few humans that came into Bensingers and boogied on a 5 x 10.

Beard

Good luck anyway.

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Welcome back Fred...:)

Hey, Dick! Where have you been?

Skin < has himself on ignore and even that does not reduce his aggravation :D

JAM

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Had a heart to heart with Steve Booth today. Will begin posting again even tho there are still many open wounds. My solution is to put 4 people on IGNORE. I'm sure they all know who they are, just as I am sure that 4 IGNORE's may be a record. So it will be too late for any apology's/rationalizations/justifications/I wuz drunk/I wuz high/ I didnt know the gun was loaded/jest kiddin/ or, "you started it."
Anxious to reconnect with those who either remained neutral or loyal.

Beard

Freddy, good to see you posting again. :)

I am glad you are back. I would like to share something with you and the forum members, if you will please indulge my post.

I have a heavy heart today because I have to give a euology this afternoon. I woke up at 1:30 a.m., not able to sleep, trying to digest everything that happened.

You see, I was adopted as a baby, right from the hospital. I met my birth mother (Ruby) when I was about 9 or 10 and formed a relationship with her. I have two older brothers and one older sister. Ruby was having trouble financially with the other three children at the time she got pregnant with me, feeding them sugar water instead of milk, so she decided to give me up for adoption.

We have had a rocky relationship over the years. I was close to her as a teenager, but as an adult and in recent years, we had an estrangement. I kept in touch with my biological siblings. In fact, my brother Ray and I are very close. But my stubborn nature would not allow me to go visit with Ruby during the last years of her life, even though she lived 10 minutes from my home.

Well, she passed away this past Tuesday, March 8th, and I am overcome with guilt. I should not have harbored negative feelings that only hurt myself in the end. Ruby was quite the opposite. She could get mad as a hornet at you and five minutes later would be making your laugh. She had a loving heart and did not have one stubborn bone in her body.

I guess what I'm trying to say, Freddy, is I have learned a hard lesson in life by Ruby's passing, and that is that life is just too short to allow myself to remain upset at others. It won't ever happen to me again. If there were more Rubys in this world, it would be a happier place for sure.

Again, welcome back, Freddy.

Attachments

• Ruby.JPG
    Ruby.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 1

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sorry for your loss, kid

Sorry for your loss, kid

JAM said:

I am glad you are back. I would like to share something with you and the forum members, if you will please indulge my post.

I have a heavy heart today because I have to give a euology this afternoon. I woke up at 1:30 a.m., not able to sleep, trying to digest everything that happened.

You see, I was adopted as a baby, right from the hospital. I met my birth mother (Ruby) when I was about 9 or 10 and formed a relationship with her. I have two older brothers and one older sister. Ruby was having trouble financially with the other three children at the time she got pregnant with me, feeding them sugar water instead of milk, so she decided to give me up for adoption.

We have had a rocky relationship over the years. I was close to her as a teenager, but as an adult and in recent years, we had an estrangement. I kept in touch with my biological siblings. In fact, my brother Ray and I are very close. But my stubborn nature would not allow me to go visit with Ruby during the last years of her life, even though she lived 10 minutes from my home.

Well, she passed away this past Tuesday, March 8th, and I am overcome with guilt. I should not have harbored negative feelings that only hurt myself in the end. Ruby was quite the opposite. She could get mad as a hornet at you and five minutes later would be making your laugh. She had a loving heart and did not have one stubborn bone in her body.

I guess what I'm trying to say, Freddy, is I have learned a hard lesson in life by Ruby's passing, and that is that life is just too short to allow myself to remain upset at others. It won't ever happen to me again. If there were more Rubys in this world, it would be a happier place for sure.

My sympathies Jennie. But I was born Sicilian, so the grudge came as a built in unit. 30, 40, and 50 yr grudges were like hangers in my family. Sometimes I wish it werent so, but it is.

Beard

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
JAM said:

Very sorry to hear that JAM. My sis gave a newborn up for adoption back in the mid 60's when teen pregs were still a bit hush hush. This 'niece' since contacted and reconnected with my sis and our family. At times it has been great, but other times, definitely not so. Families can sure get complicated, and that does complicate emotions too.

All I can offer is that we are all human, and there are certainly two sides (or more) to every situation. We really are trying in our own way to do the best we can under the circumstances, given the place that we are at in our lives. God (or nature -- whatever you believe) did not create any of us perfect; we're all works in progress, here to learn. There is a place in your heart that connected with Ruby, and nothing can ever take that away from you.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Jennie Ann-- I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances. I can identify with your nagging guilt. My father and I hadn't spoke for many years up to the time of his death. It really would have been nice if we'd buried the hatchet prior to his demise, but it didn't happen. It really ate at me, but in my belief there's a higher power calling all those shots anyhow. I just had to accept it in that way.

Good luck with the eulogy. It puts you in an unhappy situation either way. It'll be good for you to talk with all the other family and friends.

Doc

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
JAM said:

So sorry to hear of this Jennie. You & your family are in my prayers.

RedCard

Verified Member
Valley Forge

Valley Forge

fred bentivegna said:
Leaving for Valley Forge trade show today. May not be able to post again until next week.

Beard

Have a good trip. Careful of the Valley Forge comments though. Years ago I was beating a pretty good player on a Valley bar table. He had been after me from the get to play on 'a real pool table'. I finally said 'why, I rule this green valley'. That's all it took, he proceeded to quickly get his meager losses back and what little I had to start with. Neither him or his backer would dive in after the red one even after it was hooked, so I stayed loser.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
RedCard said:
Have a good trip. Careful of the Valley Forge comments though. Years ago I was beating a pretty good player on a Valley bar table. He had been after me from the get to play on 'a real pool table'. I finally said 'why, I rule this green valley'. That's all it took, he proceeded to quickly get his meager losses back and what little I had to start with. Neither him or his backer would dive in after the red one even after it was hooked, so I stayed loser.

Freddy dont tell anyone about the bank pool tables.