A tribute to Wade Crane - Video

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
thanks!! Hmmm....

Artie, it's been suggested that you send me a $1000. Maybe you can write it off somehow.:)

Just yell if you need my address. I'll use it to get a new web host for my oldpoolhall.com website and to get my camcorder out of hock:eek:

Plus for every $1000 donation, as a added bonus, you get 20 hours of one on one training on the computer. (Just think, you could learn the WEI, the Greenshot, How to quote.....how to find pics of girls with big booties... whatever):D

That sounds real good. You are very good at negotiating. And your grammer and words are all correct and very organized.

And you have done this for a while now. But thier are lots off people who are geniuess at this and colledge degrees and cant get a job.

And I will teach you how too hustle pool and how too think and you can pay me 20 times the abount that you are asking for.

And you will no something nobody else knowes. Thier are meny compotor geniusess. But not any who no how too play the game off one pocket correctly.

My cousin is a coumputor Geniuess he fixes the real big coumputors when they breack down for big corporations.

He fles all over the country to fiz them. And he gets paid real big money for fixing them. He wanted too show me how too imptove my coumputor skills free.

And I said thanks I dont need that for what I am doing Im not looking for a job.

And I feel comftrable doing it the way I am doing it. And if I change my mind.

I will think about what you said.

I rand into the Mail Man last nignt. And he was very happy too see me. He talket for a long time.

And all the greatest hustlers Johnny Vivous and Monk and a lot off great players.

He said I was the only player he ever new in life that played one pocket.

That I would shoot my shot. And my opponent shot the shot I wanted him too shoot.

He said he never in life has seen anyone do that. He is 75 years old and in great shape. He has all his hair. He was kidding someone that he had a hair transplante.

And told the guy too look see . And the guy couldnt see anything. I said your not going too see anything his hair is all real.

But its good when thier are a few people left that realy understand what I say I did. And understand what they are saying.

Thier are just a few people who understand that. And it makes me see that thier are some people who real see thier is more to the game them meats the eye.

And I said today all the players are looking too do is run 8 and out. And he said thats true. The real thinking part off the game is not played or seen.

Because all the talk about is running out.

Freddy is the most knowledgable player. He would be my top pick in One
pocket banks and all the pool games. His books are very educational.

And will help and improve and teach everyone something about the game.

Freddy could have been the greatest in life if he had the ability ove a ttop player.

Freddy is very Uniquie and different and his feelings get hurt easy and people dont realy umderstand him.

And miss judge him. And even pick on him. Freddys personality is different then other peoples Personality.

And if you realy get too no him you will see what a great man freddy is.

People pick on him because they see it affects him. And he doesnt hold his mud in too good And he lets it affect him.

I am his fried so I am asking for some off you people too please lighten up on my Friend Freddy.

I will realy appriciate it. And your kindness will never be forgoten. And I will suport my friend and stand by him. No matter what.

We can all get along a lott better. By not attacking someone personaly.

WE are all grown men. we have seen it all. And we are all part off the same site. And we need too bee together too make the site even stronger.

And by helping the game. We also need mre than anything else help each other and keep peace and harmony.

CaliRed If you would like some pool lessions I will give you a special deal. Only 5 hundred dollaers a houer.

And in a weeks time if your game does not improve 15% or more. You do not have too pay a penny.

It will be a complete free bee. Thats a great over and a one time offer. And you can even tape iy on yourself.

But Whayt I teach you and tell you and show you cannot be repeated.

THats the deal. Wetre not selling no DVD or anything else. Its just about your game and improveing.

If you dont like the offer. Fine your still a great man with me. And I like all your hard work.

Keep up the good work. And my coumputor skills will stay very shakie.

And I herd and see what you are saying and I appriciate every word you wrote to tell me.

And that Picture does you justice. I want too be just like that guy when I grow up.

Live it up and have the day off your life.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I rand into the Mail Man last nignt. And he was very happy too see me. He talket for a long time.

Hey Artie, you're talking about Gabe the mailman, right?....he plays/played pretty good One Pocket, but he sure is careful/and doesn't stick around long, does he..:rolleyes:...

He didn't know me, and about 10 years ago at the DCC he watched me practicing by myself and then came up and asked me to play some One Pocket for $40 a game - (I guess I don't look very good practicing ;))....I said ok, and the first game he had me down 6 balls to 1 and I grinded my way back and won the game (and it wasn't easy to do, because he squeezes real tight)....after that first game he quit :eek: cuz he said he can't beat somebody who can win a game like that from him...:D

- Ghost

PS, Sorry Greg, for the short hijack.

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
CaliRed said:
Thanks a lot Jimmy! I still got some more hours of footage from the Derby... I got some John Brumback banks, I also snagged some of Chris Gentile, because he's a great player and I hadn't seen him play before. Turns out that footage I got of him, is a long ducking game, but that can be helpful to.:)

I love the way Chris Gentile plays one pocket.

I'm usually an Efren groupie....But.....since Efren wasn't at the Derby I ended up following Chris through his matches.

He's a great player.

If he hadn't been up all night gambling so many times he may have had a shot at winning the tournament.

I would love to see some of that footage.

I've got an idea on my Artie donation suggestion.

Artie donates $1000 and you take 2 hours of lessons from him at the $500 reduced price and everybody is happy....:D :D

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Artie, you're talking about Gabe the mailman, right?....he plays/played pretty good One Pocket, but he sure is careful/and doesn't stick around long, does he..:rolleyes:...

He didn't know me, and about 10 years ago at the DCC he watched me practicing by myself and then came up and asked me to play some One Pocket for $40 a game - (I guess I don't look very good practicing ;))....I said ok, and the first game he had me down 6 balls to 1 and I grinded my way back and won the game (and it wasn't easy to do, because he squeezes real tight)....after that first game he quit :eek: cuz he said he can't beat somebody who can win a game like that from him...:D

- Ghost

PS, Sorry Greg, for the short hijack.

Thats the man. He is 75 years old and still loves too play. He is in great shape for his age.

He is one man that will play pool forever.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thats the man. He is 75 years old and still loves too play. He is in great shape for his age.

He is one man that will play pool forever.
Seems like 70-75 year old people these days are 55-60 year olds ofof a few generations ago health wise

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Chris Gentile

Chris Gentile

gbru said:
I love the way Chris Gentile plays one pocket.

I'm usually an Efren groupie....But.....since Efren wasn't at the Derby I ended up following Chris through his matches.

He's a great player.

If he hadn't been up all night gambling so many times he may have had a shot at winning the tournament.

I would love to see some of that footage.

I've got an idea on my Artie donation suggestion.

Artie donates $1000 and you take 2 hours of lessons from him at the $500 reduced price and everybody is happy....:D :D

I wonder what poolroom Chris grew up in and what player's style he studied???

Beard

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

I'm thinking the pinch and squeeze Chicago style....:)

I don't know the exact pool hall.....Is it around your area Freddy....?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Whaddayouthink?

Whaddayouthink?

gbru said:
I'm thinking the pinch and squeeze Chicago style....:)

I don't know the exact pool hall.....Is it around your area Freddy....?

C'mon gbru, If you had to make one guess for your life, what would it be?

Beard

Artie Bodendorfer said:
That sounds real good. You are very good at negotiating. And your grammer and words are all correct and very organized.

And you have done this for a while now. But thier are lots off people who are geniuess at this and colledge degrees and cant get a job.

And I will teach you how too hustle pool and how too think and you can pay me 20 times the abount that you are asking for.

And you will no something nobody else knowes. Thier are meny compotor geniusess. But not any who no how too play the game off one pocket correctly.

My cousin is a coumputor Geniuess he fixes the real big coumputors when they breack down for big corporations.

He fles all over the country to fiz them. And he gets paid real big money for fixing them. He wanted too show me how too imptove my coumputor skills free.

And I said thanks I dont need that for what I am doing Im not looking for a job.

And I feel comftrable doing it the way I am doing it. And if I change my mind.

I will think about what you said.

And all the greatest hustlers Johnny Vivous and Monk and a lot off great players.

He said I was the only player he ever new in life that played one pocket.

That I would shoot my shot. And my opponent shot the shot I wanted him too shoot.

He said he never in life has seen anyone do that. He is 75 years old and in great shape. He has all his hair. He was kidding someone that he had a hair transplante.

And told the guy too look see . And the guy couldnt see anything. I said your not going too see anything his hair is all real.

But its good when thier are a few people left that realy understand what I say I did. And understand what they are saying.

Thier are just a few people who understand that. And it makes me see that thier are some people who real see thier is more to the game them meats the eye.

And I said today all the players are looking too do is run 8 and out. And he said thats true. The real thinking part off the game is not played or seen.

Because all the talk about is running out.

Freddy is the most knowledgable player. He would be my top pick in One
pocket banks and all the pool games. His books are very educational.

And will help and improve and teach everyone something about the game.

Freddy could have been the greatest in life if he had the ability ove a ttop player.

Freddy is very Uniquie and different and his feelings get hurt easy and people dont realy umderstand him.

And miss judge him. And even pick on him. Freddys personality is different then other peoples Personality.

And if you realy get too no him you will see what a great man freddy is.

People pick on him because they see it affects him. And he doesnt hold his mud in too good And he lets it affect him.

I am his fried so I am asking for some off you people too please lighten up on my Friend Freddy.

I will realy appriciate it. And your kindness will never be forgoten. And I will suport my friend and stand by him. No matter what.

We can all get along a lott better. By not attacking someone personaly.

WE are all grown men. we have seen it all. And we are all part off the same site. And we need too bee together too make the site even stronger.

And by helping the game. We also need mre than anything else help each other and keep peace and harmony.

CaliRed If you would like some pool lessions I will give you a special deal. Only 5 hundred dollaers a houer.

And in a weeks time if your game does not improve 15% or more. You do not have too pay a penny.

It will be a complete free bee. Thats a great over and a one time offer. And you can even tape iy on yourself.

But Whayt I teach you and tell you and show you cannot be repeated.

THats the deal. Wetre not selling no DVD or anything else. Its just about your game and improveing.

If you dont like the offer. Fine your still a great man with me. And I like all your hard work.

Keep up the good work. And my coumputor skills will stay very shakie.

And I herd and see what you are saying and I appriciate every word you wrote to tell me.

And that Picture does you justice. I want too be just like that guy when I grow up.

Live it up and have the day off your life.

I like what you have to say, Artie. I agree with you about Freddy. Freddy is a good human being. If I were to divide men into two groups: good guys and bad guys, Freddy would be a good guy.
Freddy does get offended because his expectations from others is based on his own set of standards. In other words, he expects what he gives and he thinks that his rules are others' rules. Nothing wrong with Freddy's rules, it's just that not everyone plays by them.

Best regards,
Clare

I apologize to the forum purists who get upset when threads get "hijacked". Just like in real-life conversations, the topic meanders. Nothing wrong with that. It's the nature of conversation and communication. This is how we arrive at resolution and peace.

Clare<<<< is all for communication:)

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
fred bentivegna said:
C'mon gbru, If you had to make one guess for your life, what would it be?

Beard

I would guess....Chris's Billiards....;)

Am I close Freddy....?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

I know who he learned from - he learned from the Ghost...:eek: ;) :)...at 16-22 yrs. old Chris was playing every week in the twice weekly, handicapped, 9-ball tournaments that I was running at Chris's Billiards for about 8 years...on those days, before and after the tournament, I taught him a lot of One Pocket.

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
When I lived in Chicago I played Chris a lot of one pocket, and he's not a Chicago squeeze player. I don't know about what The Ghost say's about him giving Chris lessons but I played Chris a lot. We even went on the road several times usually to Det. and played everyone there. Chris has a fairly aggressive style, and he knows a lot about gambling. He's an excellent game player, has a very articulate mind and plays pool the same way he gambles. He uses very good judgement at the table and constantly is moving balls.No Chicago squeeze there.

I use to play him 8/7 and it was always a tough game, we played at least 15 times in about a year. I'm talking about in the mid 90's.

I called Chris and talked to him about who showed him what and where, he said that he use to play The Ghost one pocket and The Ghost showed him a few things that helped his game. He then said that he learned the most from playing me one pocket during the time that I mentioned. He also said that he learned some things from Freddie but Freddie was always sleeping.

I asked him to go to one pocket. org and sign up, he said that he would try to do it. He would be a good addition to the shot debates we have, I respect his judgement.

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ok, now that Billy and I have beat our chests...:)...

I'm laying 3-1 that Freddy comes on here in the morning and says that Chris learned more from him, then he did from me or Billy...:D...anybody want to give me action on that?...:D

- Ghost

PS, And Greg, I hope you noticed, that the Ghost was the only one polite enough to apologize (see post #24) for taking part in the hijacking of your thread...:)

JAM

Verified Member
Loved the video. It is heartwarming to know people actually do care about our brethren of players.

The font on the first page of this thread is small font, and the other pages are the normal font. I wonder why. :confused:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Actually it was The Billiard Cafe

Actually it was The Billiard Cafe

gbru said:
I would guess....Chris's Billiards....;)

Am I close Freddy....?

Actually, Chris came up in the Billiard Cafe where the action was in Chicago for many years. We later moved to Chris's Billiards.

Beard

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
wincardona said:
When I lived in Chicago I played Chris a lot of one pocket, and he's not a Chicago squeeze player. I don't know about what The Ghost say's about him giving Chris lessons but I played Chris a lot. We even went on the road several times usually to Det. and played everyone there. Chris has a fairly aggressive style, and he knows a lot about gambling. He's an excellent game player, has a very articulate mind and plays pool the same way he gambles. He uses very good judgement at the table and constantly is moving balls.No Chicago squeeze there.

I use to play him 8/7 and it was always a tough game, we played at least 15 times in about a year. I'm talking about in the mid 90's.

I called Chris and talked to him about who showed him what and where, he said that he use to play The Ghost one pocket and The Ghost showed him a few things that helped his game. He then said that he learned the most from playing me one pocket during the time that I mentioned. He also said that he learned some things from Freddie but Freddie was always sleeping.

I asked him to go to one pocket. org and sign up, he said that he would try to do it. He would be a good addition to the shot debates we have, I respect his judgement.

Billy I.

I see what you mean about him not being a "squeeze and pinch style" player Billy but....He definately knows how to incorporate it into his own unique style.

I watched the whole match with him and Schmidt and he squeezed him hard when he had to but also like you say..... he made some fantastic, sweeping removal shots moving 6 and 8 balls over to his side while leaving John Schmidt scratching his head...

He was also great at firing difficult shots in under pressure.....when it counted....;)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
I know who he learned from - he learned from the Ghost...:eek: ;) :)...at 16-22 yrs. old Chris was playing every week in the twice weekly, handicapped, 9-ball tournaments that I was running at Chris's Billiards for about 8 years...on those days, before and after the tournament, I taught him a lot of One Pocket.

- Ghost

wincardona said:

Billy I.

Why don't you two guys just whip out your cranks, measure them, and report on the measurements? In private please:p .

RBL