Geezer round robin at dcc

bstroud

Verified Member
Thanks all.

I am playing pretty good but feel I am about 85% of what I could be.

Put in my 8 hours of practice already today. Started at 6:30 AM when I woke up.

Thinking about buying a Diamond bar table to practice my break. Anyone have one for sale?

Bill Stroud

PS: We all know that Artie never tells a lie?

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Thinking about buying a Diamond bar table to practice my break. Anyone have one for sale?

Bill Stroud

If you find one, we could have a thread on where the best placement of it would be. No matter where it goes, you'll still be wrong. :p:D

That was a very nice showing.. keep that up! :Eek: I've always been more wary of the older folks, since they could've been playing longer than I've been alive. Even if they're off, they can still stick it to you a dozen different ways. And if they're on, it can be over before it even began. :(

Those diamond barboxes break real nice if you find the spot.

I've been staring at invoices and reading pool threads since 9:30am. 3 more hours and then I can go knock some around, with only 53 days left to see what I can get done this year.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Thanks all.

I am playing pretty good but feel I am about 85% of what I could be.

Put in my 8 hours of practice already today. Started at 6:30 AM when I woke up.

Bill Stroud

You're looking to practice your one pocket break on a bar table? JK

bernie p

Verified Member
What exactly did you mean by that? I don't mind a little tough action, and i'm sure John wouldn't mind either. Dudley, your welcome to join our round robin as far as i'm concerned. Ghost, did I make a mistake?

So far it looks like... Billy S.... John H.... Freddie B.... Billy I....and possibly Dudley. Ghost you can get in too, i'll take a piece of you.

Anrod
Cowboy
Scrzbll
Vapros
Frank The Barber
Bernie P.
Artie B.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:D

Billy I.

Billy,

Lol.....I could only aspire to "geezerhood".:lol

But hey.....I'm all booked for yet another pilgrimage to the Derby.....so....age not withstanding (and yes...I'm under 65).....I'm up for a little mixin' it up.

Bernie.

bstroud

Verified Member
You're looking to practice your one pocket break on a bar table? JK

Hope you are kidding.

I didn't win this 9 ball tournament because I haven't played on a bar table for 30 years and didn't break as well as Chip.

I intend to change that. I can't go and play in a bar every day but I can buy a bar table and practice the break.

When you see a problem you fix it.

Bill Stroud

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I would have to say I am one of the weak players who would enjoy getting a chance at the partner game, just don't know what the spot would be... I will be there for 10 days... I am sure I will get into the wrong game a couple of times anyway...

B

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Hope you are kidding.

I didn't win this 9 ball tournament because I haven't played on a bar table for 30 years and didn't break as well as Chip.

I intend to change that. I can't go and play in a bar every day but I can buy a bar table and practice the break.

When you see a problem you fix it.

Bill Stroud

Of course I was just kidding. Did you notice notice my (JK). I don't know how to add the smiley faces. Can someone help me with this?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Matchmaker

Matchmaker

I would have to say I am one of the weak players who would enjoy getting a chance at the partner game, just don't know what the spot would be... I will be there for 10 days... I am sure I will get into the wrong game a couple of times anyway...

B

Just let me or the Ghost get you matched up properly. We will make sure you get into action -- and have a chance.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Of course I was just kidding. Did you notice notice my (JK). I don't know how to add the smiley faces. Can someone help me with this?

Frank, you just put your cursor where you want your emoticon to appear, then left click on your choice (at the right) and 'bwalla'..The smiley face is there...It'll be in written code/form, until you 'submit' your post.

SuperDuck <---Emoticon Expert..:p (about the ONLY thing I do well any more)..:frus

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
So far it looks like... Billy S.... John H.... Freddie B.... Billy I....and possibly Dudley. Ghost you can get in too, i'll take a piece of you.

AndrodHe'll be there for sure:p

CowboyIf you ever see me at a tournament I'll give you $750 for a copy of SM&S (of which I have 7, 5 of them new)

ScrzbllBusy stalking & jarring Freddy

VaprosHe'll be busy writing poetry & limericks

Frank The Barber Spends his time robbing well-groomed customers:D

Bernie P.He'll go off while he's chasing girls;), Fanatic loves his accent, she doesn't know he's really from Idaho:rolleyes:

Artie B.Busy dictating his biography & an instructional book
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:D

Billy I.

Bill,

If you ever see me at the DCC I will hand over a C-note to you as soon as you come up to me and demand it. I don't take wintertime vacations and I don't go to tournaments.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended

B

Bille,

Friendly advice...The secret is to only take $2000 with you, to the DCC...and then, you limit yourself to a strict, $200 loss per day, that way... you will be sure to have enough $$$, to last you the entire 10 day's.

PS..I know you consider Freddy and Ghoatass your close friends...but they have been known to 'double steer' their own grandma !..:eek:, JK, JK, JK, JK, JK JK, JK -- :D :p :)....(Bille, I had to emphasize the 'JK', or one of them might take offense, and go berserk on me)..;)

Last edited:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Sjd

Sjd

Are you saying they would take advantage of a poor dumb kid from MS? I was thinking about 5K... Just to share the wealth...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Bille,
Friendly advice.....I know you consider Freddy and Ghoatass your close friends...but they have been known to 'double steer' their own grandma !,

Ok, I've finally had enough....by "insulting my moral-gambling ethics" as you did in this post of yours today, and for weeks insulting me and calling me by a crude name...it's time for revenge...

I obtained this new pic of you with your new boyfriend, but I was going to be nice and not post it up - now I've changed my mind, and I'm going to tell everybody the whole story...

You see the dog (as seen in my last papparazzi pic of SJDucky) told SJDucky he didn't want to see him anymore, so with a broken heart, SJDucky started hitting the bars...well a week ago, a famous celebrity was in town - The Caveman from the Geico commercials - and guess what?...SJDucky makes the Cavemans acquaintance in the early hours of the morning at a 'certain type of mens bar' ;)....well, SJDucky is *starstruck* at meeting this celebrity and invites him home...and here is photo of the tawdry, disgusting, hard-to-look-at scene that took place soon after they got to SJDucky's house..:eek:...:eek:...:lol >>>

- Ghost

PS, Any of you who don't want to hurt SJDuck's feelings by posting/laughing at this pic in public/here on the thread, can just pm me again with your lmao's...:D

Attachments

• ASS DUCK.jpg
    ASS DUCK.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I will be there from Friday midday to the last friday. I am generally pretty busy with pour Hall of Fame dinner (Tuesday night, the 24th) and photography, but I might bring a cue stick :) I'm only 60 though.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis. why don't you go to tournaments?

Petie,

Generally speaking they just don't do it for me. I have been to several Glass City Opens and enjoyed them and I went to a tourney at the Troy Hilton back in the 90's and had fun there but for the most part they don't interest me. I wouldn't play in any tournament and can't play good enough to gamble with anyone if I did go and that's what I enjoy.

Maybe that will change as I get older, maybe I will want to see the guys I haven't seen for awhile all at the same place but mostly I'm happy not seeing them so I can't imagine that will happen.

As far as the DCC is concerned, as long as it's in the winter I'll probably never attend even if the urge struck. I'm not a traveler at all and particularly not in winter. I haven't been out of michigan since 1996 when my girlfriend & I went to a tournament in toledo. She played, I watched.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Dennis. why don't you go to tournaments?

Petie....Bottom line !!!...

#1...He's too cheap ! (Toledo is just BARELY out of Michigan, its almost a suburb of Detroit)..:rolleyes:

#2...He's not prone to mix sociably,...and usually punches somebody in the face. ! (sometimes even 'thin' girls, cause they're not fat)

#3...He's skeered !..:eek:

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Ok, I've finally had enough....by "insulting my moral-gambling ethics" as you did in this post of yours today, and for weeks insulting me and calling me by a crude name...it's time for revenge...

I obtained this new pic of you with your new boyfriend, but I was going to be nice and not post it up - now I've changed my mind, and I'm going to tell everybody the whole story...

You see the dog (as seen in my last papparazzi pic of SJDucky) told SJDucky he didn't want to see him anymore, so with a broken heart, SJDucky started hitting the bars...well a week ago, a famous celebrity was in town - The Caveman from the Geico commercials - and guess what?...SJDucky makes the Cavemans acquaintance in the early hours of the morning at a 'certain type of mens bar' ;)....well, SJDucky is *starstruck* at meeting this celebrity and invites him home...and here is photo of the tawdry, disgusting, hard-to-look-at scene that took place soon after they got to SJDucky's house.

PS, Any of you who don't want to hurt SJDuck's feelings by posting/laughing at this pic in public/here on the thread, can just pm me again with your lmao's...:D

Dear Ghoaterassininatively Person

Obviously a "photo shop"...Did you enjoy your time with the nude 'Caveman' after your little photo shoot ? ( or did you just steer him to the poolroom, and dump him off to Freddy ?)...:eek:

PS...Caveman has $$$$, but I also noticed a very 'skinny ass'...Sooooo, obviously not your type...So I'm guessing it was off to the poolroom, ASAP..:cool:

Last edited: