LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
After reading all of the back and forth debate on Danny D and his age factor, I don't understand how it would be possible to leave Efren out of the equation for one of the six. Efren invents moves with "his" strategy that many of us disagree with; he often shoots the wrong shots or puts the q ball in the places that many of us think are wrong; but he continues to win. IMO much of it can be a attributed to just out-and-out confounding his opponent. Other than slipping a little in his ball pocketing he is still the maestro of one pocket.

Talk about a living legend. He's still winning one pocket championships at age 60, still gambling high, and he still draws the biggest crowds at any one pocket event. And, his record is unprecedented, especially at tournament play. To have entered the DCC 5 times and come out on top in short races with fields upward of 300 to 400 contenders is a record that will never be broken. And, IMO, at age 60 he still has a very good chance of taking the title.

I've got to pick Efren, Scott, (maybe Corey) or two more, if I decide to participate again this year. (edit).....OOPS..I forgot Alex. And didn't Shane win it last year? Guess I'll have to add him. So many greats it's hard to choose.

As far as Danny D commentating, I have no problem as long as the maestro, Billy is in the booth with him. The only time I can't listen to Danny is when he is with Mark Wilson. Mark has more patience than I do at taking insults. I'm sure it's just that Mark is a nice guy and he respects Danny's age.

PS...I sure miss Grady.

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
I dont see how you cant invite Efren to a one pocket extravaganza. Also after Alex Pagulayan's exhibition of skills at this years Derby he is a shoe in. That leaves 2 spots. Myself I want Shannon in there. He exemplifies aggressive one pocket. So who in my book gets the last spot.
I guess out of the modern players you'd have to invite Scott. Though he doesnt do well in these settings. Shane and Corey for me just doesnt do it.

If I had the power to invite Id go with a John Brumback or a Bernie Pettepiece only because they are great sportsman and gentleman and conduct themselves the way I would like to. Cliff and Nick because I have a spot for old timers.

I guess Id go with Scott or Jeremy Jones as the 6th.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
In all the "Make It Happen" events Accu-Stats tries to invite the best players in the world, however, the people who purchase the package for $300 will have a right to choose four of the six players and they usually are the worlds best players.

In the past the most popular players that have been invited or chosen by the supporters were players like Appleton..VanBoening..Reyes.. and ..Pagulayan..

The last one pocket event that we had (5X10) the supporters chose Frost..Pagulayan..Reyes..and VanBoening. Accu-Stats chose Duel and Daulton

Accu-Stats strives to bring to you not only the best players in the world but also the most interesting match ups, in terms of the mystique that is surrounding the the game that is featured. That's the reason Accu-Stats chose both Danny Smith and Justin Hall.

We believe that the curiosity factor involving the two strongest young one pocket players in the world competing against the worlds strongest players is a mystery that people would like to know the answer to, I would, how about you? Accu-Stats has the ability to help answer that question for us by slating them in the mix with the worlds greatest players. Imo choosing both Hall, and Smith is extremely intriguing and will make a great tournament...even greater.:D

Lets try to keep the game alive by supporting Accu-Stats, and at the same time be entertained by the best of the best, by the best..Accu-Stats.

Bill Incardona

lfigueroa

Verified Member
In all the "Make It Happen" events Accu-Stats tries to invite the best players in the world, however, the people who purchase the package for $300 will have a right to choose four of the six players and they usually are the worlds best players.

In the past the most popular players that have been invited or chosen by the supporters were players like Appleton..VanBoening..Reyes.. and ..Pagulayan..

The last one pocket event that we had (5X10) the supporters chose Frost..Pagulayan..Reyes..and VanBoening. Accu-Stats chose Duel and Daulton

Accu-Stats strives to bring to you not only the best players in the world but also the most interesting match ups, in terms of the mystique that is surrounding the the game that is featured. That's the reason Accu-Stats chose both Danny Smith and Justin Hall.

We believe that the curiosity factor involving the two strongest young one pocket players in the world competing against the worlds strongest players is a mystery that people would like to know the answer to, I would, how about you? Accu-Stats has the ability to help answer that question for us by slating them in the mix with the worlds greatest players. Imo choosing both Hall, and Smith is extremely intriguing and will make a great tournament...even greater.:D

Lets try to keep the game alive by supporting Accu-Stats, and at the same time be entertained by the best of the best, by the best..Accu-Stats.

Bill Incardona

Dr. Bill, please correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will) but I was under the impression that some players had already been invited, or perhaps that at least DS had been. Has the voting been completed?

Lou Figueroa

keoneyo

Verified Member
Accu stats usually reserves 2 seats for their own choice. The contributors get to choose the other 4.
Like Bill said the choice of Danny Smith and Justin Hall will be intriguing.
Accustats sends out ballots in late April or early May for the voting process.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Dr. Bill, please correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will) but I was under the impression that some players had already been invited, or perhaps that at least DS had been. Has the voting been completed?

Lou Figueroa

lou you can have the right to nominate 4 players of your choosing and then right to vote to ultimately choose which 4 get picked by supporting the event for $300 like i have and others on the site have.....:)
to me those who love one pocket and have the discretionary income it should be a no brainer to support the game we love/help make it happen/ and to help accustats
:)

if you read the link in the first post you get a bunch of goodies to make it worth your while besides the good karma...:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Lou Figueroa

To my knowledge the only players that have been invited are Danny Smith, and Justin Hall. The tournament is months away and the people that pay the $300 for the package have the privilege to cast their vote for the remaining four players. It would not be fair to the people that have yet to purchase the package to close off the voting for the final four players. Pat Fleming is the only one that can close the voting, and we are a ways from that happening.

Both Danny and Justin were invited two days ago.

Dr. Bill

lfigueroa

Verified Member
To my knowledge the only players that have been invited are Danny Smith, and Justin Hall. The tournament is months away and the people that pay the $300 for the package have the privilege to cast their vote for the remaining four players. It would not be fair to the people that have yet to purchase the package to close off the voting for the final four players. Pat Fleming is the only one that can close the voting, and we are a ways from that happening.

Both Danny and Justin were invited two days ago.

Dr. Bill

Was this made known? And why wouldn't Reyes, Frost, Dalton, and SVB be the default players?!

Lou Figueroa
amongst a couple
of others

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Was this made known? And why wouldn't Reyes, Frost, Dalton, and SVB be the default players?!

Lou Figueroa
amongst a couple
of others
lou
here is your answer from accu stats

Accu-Stats’ 2015 “Make It Happen”
One-Pocket Invitational is Scheduled
Six superstars will compete in the 2015 “Make It Happen” One-Pocket Invitational
scheduled for June 25-28, 2015. Who will they be?
Only the best are invited to “Make It Happen” events. Accu-Stats will select two of
the contestants while the other four will be voted in by supporters who purchase a
“Make It Happen” package.

does that make it clear who will ultimately play??:D
c'mon lou
spring for the $300...:D
you can afford it....:)

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
lou
here is your answer from accu stats

Accu-Stats’ 2015 “Make It Happen”
One-Pocket Invitational is Scheduled
Six superstars will compete in the 2015 “Make It Happen” One-Pocket Invitational
scheduled for June 25-28, 2015. Who will they be?
Only the best are invited to “Make It Happen” events. Accu-Stats will select two of
the contestants while the other four will be voted in by supporters who purchase a
“Make It Happen” package.

does that make it clear who will ultimately play??:D
c'mon lou
spring for the $300...:D
you can afford it....:)

You GO, Buddy! :):)

OPBEAST

Verified Member
Just my opinion of who I would like to see:

Alex Pagulayan
Efren Reyes
John Schmidt