From Grady Mathews

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Last year, it was a thrill and an honor to receive an invitation to the World Straight Pool Championship.
I respectfully decline further invites because a. My play just doesn't merit that and b. Some talented young player should receive that invitation.
I do thank the UPA for letting me play in a great tournament and I wish them every success in the future.

I further apologize to anyone I may have offended by my remarks concerning my recent trip to Phoenix.
I didn't like the way I was treated but that's not the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I'm going to man up, take the loss and start over again.
That's all I have to say,
Grady "The Professor" Mathews

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Grady said:
Last year, it was a thrill and an honor to receive an invitation to the World Straight Pool Championship.
I respectfully decline further invites because a. My play just doesn't merit that and b. Some talented young player should receive that invitation.
I do thank the UPA for letting me play in a great tournament and I wish them every success in the future.

I further apologize to anyone I may have offended by my remarks concerning my recent trip to Phoenix.
I didn't like the way I was treated but that's not the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I'm going to man up, take the loss and start over again.
Good for you, Grady. I hope the turns in your life are for the better -- you could use some good rolls!!

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
I second that Steve!

I second that Steve!

NH Steve said:
Good for you, Grady. I hope the turns in your life are for the better -- you could use some good rolls!!

Grady,
Who among us does not have a boat-load of regrets? You're just like all of us in that there are lots of things we wish we could do over.

You still have your very loyal and dedicated fan base. :D

I do wish you could some how post more. We enjoy your stories and contributions greatly here and at AZB.

All the best to you Professor!

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Grady said:

Good eye Grady.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Hohokam

Hohokam

Forget Phx,that town was founded on the sacred Indian burial grounds of the Hohokams,an ancient tribe reminiscsent[sp] of the Navahos etc.It has the alltime worst karma of any place in the US.just dont tell that to the people living there as they wont have a clue.As the above people have noted in their posts,you have commanded respect from the pool world for 40 years.You are a good man besides your attributes on the green felt jungle of which we could only wish to appreciate your game as deeply as you have given it in your short sweet life.My best friend Louie Lemke from the 80's told me about you and it is true.We are standing behind you in your next venture and wish you well.Or as Laurel would say"Life is isn't short enough",keep smiling my friend,B

Last edited: