It ain't Rocket Surgery !!!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Your shot...Pocket A...you are down 4 balls to 1. Find the best shot.
Came up in a game last nite, and I had to threaten bodily harm to make my partner shoot the shot I like here....he butchered it !

Dick <---is "Sunday mornin' comin' down"
Had the guys over last night, we played partners 'til 3 AM. I am hoarse from screaming at whoever was my partner. Wifey made us quit, with me stuck $15. Something about stupid neighbors, and early mass. @$#%^*!
I must have said something to hurt her feeling's....No coffee or breakfast made yet ? 'Sup with that.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3...JCIY3KMoV4LUoU4MDHO3NBCa3OAcu3POvR4QdGq4SQTl@

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Chicago bunt

Chicago bunt

Since it looks like nothing goes, I assume, I would just lag a bunt on to the face of the 15 ball, the cue ball should wind up on top of the five ball with balls on your side and opponent in deep sh*t. The way it's laying the 10 ball might go off of two caroms.

the Beard

Somebody find some fault with this. Mr McGoo could execute this.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3...JaLi3KMoV4LUoU4MDHO3NBCa4OGoD3PCAD4QdGq4SQTl@

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
androd said:
[/CUETABLE]

Here's a couple of ideas, page 2 and 3. What time will you tell us what you liked .Rod <---is on a schedule.

I didn't realize you had posted your thoughts Rod, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the same shot again.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3CIfg3DAmT4EAUI3FPiW4GJgy3HFlO4IIUt4JCIY3KMoV4LUoU4MDHO3NBSa3OAcu3POvR4QdGq4SQTl3XAmT3XBEi3XDnh4YAUI4YEUB4eCIY4eYEN4hDHO4hate3iBSa3iANB4iBLE3jAcu3jFJB3kOvR3kCxP3kNtg@[/CUETABLE]

Either I'm going nutso or Rod's post disappeared. Nurse! Yukon Jack here!

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Came up in a game last nite, and I had to threaten bodily harm to make my partner shoot the shot I like here....he butchered it !

Had the guys over last night, we played partners 'til 3 AM. I am hoarse from screaming at whoever was my partner. Wifey made us quit, with me stuck $15. Something about stupid neighbors, and early mass. @$#%^*!
I must have said something to hurt her feeling's....No coffee or breakfast made yet ? 'Sup with that.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3...JCIY3KMoV4LUoU4MDHO3NBCa3OAcu3POvR4QdGq4SQTl@

Lets 4 rail the 4 ball and draw for shape, or play the 14 ball off the 13 then the 9 and draw to where the four will hide the 14 if it gets close to your pocket.
Rod. <--- wants to know what time you'll reveal "your shot"

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
SJDinPHX said:

I go for some goofy shots and see a few here.

I might 4 rail the 4 and draw the cue ball back, or kick the 3 off the end rail into the 8 with extreme left english, sending the cue ball back up table, or cut the 4 into the 13 with right hand english and send the cue back uptable.

I don't like any of the obvious shots leaving the cue near the stack because the balls lay a little funny.

But, the way I played at the Hard Times one pocket tournament yeaterday renders my opinion almost worthless.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
senor said:
I didn't realize you had posted your thoughts Rod, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the same shot again.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3CIfg3DAmT4EAUI3FPiW4GJgy3HFlO4IIUt4JCIY3KMoV4LUoU4MDHO3NBSa3OAcu3POvR4QdGq4SQTl3XAmT3XBEi3XDnh4YAUI4YEUB4eCIY4eYEN4hDHO4hate3iBSa3iANB4iBLE3jAcu3jFJB3kOvR3kCxP3kNtg@[/CUETABLE]

Either I'm going nutso or Rod's post disappeared. Nurse! Yukon Jack here!

Yeah , I couldn't get this WEI thingy to edit, so I deleted it, but posted what I liked later.
Rod. < ------still no techie.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Yeah , I couldn't get this WEI thingy to edit, so I deleted it, but posted what I liked later.
Rod. < ------still no techie.

There are other options, but I liked the shot both Rod and John liked at first glance. The 4 railer, with good speed is my fave.
Senor spotted a shot that did not lay as well in the real world, as the one I drew up on the WEI table. (sorry)

My partner shot it as though he'd forgotten how to draw his ball 12-14 "
He drew about 2" and exposed the 9 ball, we never escaped.

Dick <---accused him of dumping me for $3.33 apiece.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I like Freddy's shot....and since I'm the 'multi-rail lovin' Ghost', I of course also like Rod & Dick's 4-railer.....and here's one more good shot that hasn't been mentioned yet...

Off the 15, sending balls towards your hole, and zig zagging the cue ball cross table, having it end up frozen on the bottom rail, like this >>>

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3...QdGq4SQTl3kOfV3kAsj4kbnY2kbPo2kPIm2kPIm2kPAq@

- Ghost

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I might play the even more conservative straight on bump of the 14-13 combination -- not to come anywhere near close to making the 13, but simply to 100% freeze the cue ball against the 15-5 -- i.e. putting more priority on the cue ball position.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3CIfg3DAmT4EAUI3FPiW4GJgy3HFlO4IIUt4JCIY3KMoV4LUoU4MDHO3NBSa3OAcu3POvR4QdGq4SQTl4hDHO4hKjk4hPhG3iBSa4iBsB4iBsB3kOvR3kCpL3kCYJ@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
I might play the even more conservative straight on bump of the 14-13 combination -- not to come anywhere near close to making the 13, but simply to 100% freeze the cue ball against the 15-5 -- i.e. putting more priority on the cue ball position.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3CIfg3DAmT4EAUI3FPiW4GJgy3HFlO4IIUt4JCIY3KMoV4LUoU4MDHO3NBSa3OAcu3POvR4QdGq4SQTl4hDHO4hKjk4hPhG3iBSa4iBsB4iBsB3kOvR3kCpL3kCYJ@[/CUETABLE]
That Is The Only Shot I Would Shoot. And The Ony Quistion would be how hard to shoot the 14 into the 13 ? So You vizulize ahead of time were you want the 13 and 14 to end up. And I would Freeze The Cue ball inbetween the 5 and 15. This is the only shot I wwould shoot. And This shot should lock up your opponent. And Keep him on defense for the rest of the game. Good Exampale and this shot comes up a lot in one pocket.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Artie Bodendorfer said:
That Is The Only Shot I Would Shoot. And The Ony Quistion would be how hard to shoot the 14 into the 13 ? So You vizulize ahead of time were you want the 13 and 14 to end up. And I would Freeze The Cue ball inbetween the 5 and 15. This is the only shot I wwould shoot. And This shot should lock up your opponent. And Keep him on defense for the rest of the game. Good Exampale and this shot comes up a lot in one pocket.

That would be an excellent shot Artie, and it might be my choice too, if we weren't so far behind on balls.
I was trying to make something happen. If he hits that 4-railer any where near good, we've got 'em in real big trouble where even an intentional scratch might not save them.

Dick <---likes aggresive shots, when they lay perfect like that one did.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Chicago bunt retread

Chicago bunt retread

Since it looks like nothing goes, I assume, I would just lag a bunt on to the face of the 15 ball, the cue ball should wind up on top of the five ball with balls on your side and opponent in deep sh*t. The way it's laying the 10 ball might go off of two caroms.the Beard

Can somebody find some fault with this? Mr McGoo could execute this.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3C...CAD4QdGq4SQTl@

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:

STEVE you should get some type of award for picking the "correct" shot. sjd i understand you need to be aggressive when behind but the gods of pool dont always understand what we mortals can do. did your partner give you greive when you suggested it? implying he did not think he could pull it off? or did you misjudge what he could do? or did he just hit it bad? ( been there done that). i know for you it was the correct shot because you would execute what you had planned.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fred bentivegna said:
Since it looks like nothing goes, I assume, I would just lag a bunt on to the face of the 15 ball, the cue ball should wind up on top of the five ball with balls on your side and opponent in deep sh*t. The way it's laying the 10 ball might go off of two caroms.

the Beard

Somebody find some fault with this. Mr McGoo could execute this.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3...JaLi3KMoV4LUoU4MDHO3NBCa4OGoD3PCAD4QdGq4SQTl@
freddy i like your shot alot .it leaves more balls that play to your hole AND leaves him frozen in whats left of the stack. i like the concept if i can shoot a mr. mgoo shot and and put my oppnent in a trap its a shot i can execute mistake free 99.9% of the time. i like those odds

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
I like Freddy's shot....and since I'm the 'multi-rail lovin' Ghost', I of course also like Rod & Dick's 4-railer.....and here's one more good shot that hasn't been mentioned yet...

Off the 15, sending balls towards your hole, and zig zagging the cue ball cross table, having it end up frozen on the bottom rail, like this >>>

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AVNV3BSTW3...QdGq4SQTl3kOfV3kAsj4kbnY2kbPo2kPIm2kPIm2kPAq@

- Ghost
Its Easier Locking him up with the 15 and 5 ball Is a way better shot for different reasons. Cue ball control and The cue ball will be in a worse spot inbetween the 5 and the 15 ball. And Banking the 4 ball is hard to control the 4 ball within 6 inches were the 4 ball will stop. Even though the 4 ball is in a perfect angle. And Shooting the 14 13 combination you have complete control of the two balls were they are going . And you have two balls to lock the cue ball up instead of one ball. And the two balls location will do more damaging to your opponent then only the 4 ball.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Very low risk, agression !

Very low risk, agression !

I realize there are some good "squeeze" shots, with this layout. But if you all could have seen how natural the angle was, you may go for a little more agressive shot. The only way to hit it bad, was to hit it too easy, AND fail to draw your ball anywhere between 5 and 30 inches.
Over the hill that I am, I would execute that shot 19 out of 20 times. I would probably make the 4, about half the time.
Then we get even, or pull ahead, instead of leaving them an intentional scratch, lag safety.

These were all "A" players, except for my pard...and he was a B plus. You should have seen the shot HE wanted to shoot. I could not live with it.

I will gaurantee you John, RA would have made it his first choice.

Dick <---wants any self respecting 1P player, to show me how to hit the 4 railer bad.

PS Ghost, this could be another one to file away for our DCC challenge. :eek:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:

Dick,

Before you give your thread a title like that, I suggest you actually post a WEI table in your layout and not just a bunch of letters and numbers. What the hell do those mean?

Do you need me to print out my instructions and mail them to you?

But I am proud of my student anyway. And as much as I hate to always be agreeing with you,(people will talk), I like the 4 railer also. But only because I'm down on the ball count. Otherwise, the other shots all look pretty good.

Remember Dick, it ain't brain science.

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
artie what about freddies shot? and anyone else comments
I will tell you exacly how I see it I look at the other posts and Shots. And If I dont like anything better then Mein . Thats What You Get. If you like the other picture or movie or the answer better then mein. I recomened you youes thier choice. And Dont use Mein. Because I but up my opinion that does not mean you have to use or go by my choice. I am giving you my best choice. Not some one elses. And If I think thier choice is better then mein. I will say I like thiers better. And Mein will be second choice or lower. But Out Of Profishinal Coutize. YOU HAve To Give me the reason or the answer why you picked their shot over mein. And if your reason or answer is strong enough. I will give you a honest answer and reply. But You cannot try to but me in a trap and say What About Freeds shot or some one elses shot. I dont reply to those kind of quistions unless you tell me why you like another selection better. And Thats How I will Answer You. And I think thats very respecfull.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
PS Ghost, this could be another one to file away for our DCC challenge. :eek:

:confused:....:confused:.......Do you just want to be contrary with me ? - Do you actually read my posts ?......I said that I like the 4-railer.....:rolleyes:

- Ghost