Parica/Joyner 2002 DCC

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
As promised, here is a legitimate layout from their finals match. Joyner is up 1 to -1 in this first game of the match. He is faced with this layout. What did Joyner do to run out? What would YOU do? ~Doc

J-P 1A.jpg

J-P 1B.jpg

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Parica/Joyner 2002 DCC

I believe I would bank the 9 back at my hole. Looks like it's free and could do a lot of good.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Graze the 9ball off the 4ball, force the CB into the stripe next to the 4ball to open the 11ball for position.
Rod.

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
Kick straight into the rail with R.H. and try to catch the 4 full and play the 11 ball. I dont want to contact the 9 with the 4.....it may getin the way of the 11.
Balls should be wide open and Qbert in town.

Theoretically.....:D

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Three rail the ball you have marked 15 {actually looks like the 14 in the pic. }
Use a high ball hit .

backplaying

Verified Member
If that 1 and 10 are wired to make the 15, I can see him kicking one rail at it. I remember Ronnie Allen kicking at some crazy stuff, back when many thought kicking was a sign of a weak player. Looks like he has many options.

bigshot

I only like the combo bank if I think I can get above that 6 without opening up those 3 balls on may opponents side of the rack. I dislike the 9 for the same reason. Messing with the 6 or 8 only make it more difficult for me to defend the ball by my hole.

I really like kicking into the 4, leaving the CB near the stripe that's just above the 4. I think the 9 moves the 3 down a bit blocking a return kick. That looks pretty solid.

Cliff probably did something much more aggressive.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Cliff's solution

Cliff's solution

In keeping with the Cardone "24 hour rule", I hasten to indicate the solution that Cliff chose.:) Right outta the chute, Mkbtank chose the option that Cliff used, so he gets a big cookie. However the shot wasn't free if he missed.;) I wouldn't have had the fortitude to take this shot, but to Cliff it was a "must take".

J-P 2.jpg

J-P 2A.jpg

J-P 3.jpg

Starting with the 6 ball, Cliff ran out to his hill ball-- the bank on the 2 ball. He hung it in his hole. Jose tried to kick it out, but it was too deep. Joyner won that game.

~Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Parica/Joyner 2002 DCC

In keeping with the Cardone "24 hour rule", I hasten to indicate the solution that Cliff chose.:) Right outta the chute, Mkbtank chose the option that Cliff used, so he gets a big cookie. However the shot wasn't free if he missed.;) I wouldn't have had the fortitude to take this shot, but to Cliff it was a "must take".

View attachment 9961

View attachment 9962

View attachment 9963

Starting with the 6 ball, Cliff ran out to his hill ball-- the bank on the 2 ball. He hung it in his hole. Jose tried to kick it out, but it was too deep. Joyner won that game.

~Doc

Nom nom nom. ;). Thanks. Man that 2 really did sell out though lol.