Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Links & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2019, 11:30 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobermory View Post
Tickies can be fun, but I find them hard to aim the path of the cue ball as consistently as I'd like. More practice would help, no doubt. That said, I'd like to see the outtakes for this video.
Tobermory, If you wish to see the outtakes you can watch them first hand by recreating the situations on your own and you will quickly see how predictable the cue ball reacts to these hits.

In my case the only outtakes on the first two situations where due to failing to pocket the five ball. The cue ball did exactly what was expected of it. The third shot took two attempts to pocket the hanger and a third to pocket both the 5 ball and the hanging 3 ball.

Test it for yourself.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com
Old 05-13-2019, 11:45 AM
Verified Member

Thank you Hank, Larry and Mitch for the words of encouragement. Small things like that mean a lot to me.

Tom

Old 05-13-2019, 11:46 AM
Verified Member

Thanks, Tom Tom.. enjoyed it..
Old 05-13-2019, 12:21 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wirth View Post
Tobermory, If you wish to see the outtakes you can watch them first hand by recreating the situations on your own and you will quickly see how predictable the cue ball reacts to these hits.

In my case the only outtakes on the first two situations where due to failing to pocket the five ball. The cue ball did exactly what was expected of it. The third shot took two attempts to pocket the hanger and a third to pocket both the 5 ball and the hanging 3 ball.

Test it for yourself.

Tom
I'll give them a try later today if I can get to a table. Your results are impressive, and I'd love to be able to duplicate that rate of success.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:44 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobermory View Post
I'll give them a try later today if I can get to a table. Your results are impressive, and I'd love to be able to duplicate that rate of success.
With practice, I know you can do it. In the process you will learn a great deal about ticky shots and find them useful in other situations.

Tom

Old 05-13-2019, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Very nice job as usual Tom!!

PS in case you are wondering, I do not consider it spam you can introduce your new videos wherever you want to here on onepocket.org they are of interest to all of our members I would say!
Old 05-14-2019, 01:24 AM
Verified Member

Default Newest Video

Very good job on these videos. As we have talked about before, these shots are very important options to have in your repertoire. As a young player trying to learn the game, I would watch Charley Justice practice tickies and soft kicks for hours. I didn't appreciate the importance of these shots until he explained it to me. Then watching him play these shots with no hesitation when he was in action I realized that he could trap an opponent when the guy had most or all the balls laying in his favor. I was fortunate back then to know a few good players who would show me something if I asked. As you know, there were many who wouldn't tell you anything. The information that you share on this site is invaluable. please keep 'em coming.

Nick
Old 05-14-2019, 08:36 AM
Verified Member

Thank you for the encouragement, gentleman. Your comments inspire me to continue. There is a lot of work involved in producing these videos but the work is fun and the reward comes from hearing from you.

Tom

Old 05-14-2019, 08:38 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post

PS in case you are wondering, I do not consider it spam you can introduce your new videos wherever you want to here on onepocket.org they are of interest to all of our members I would say!
Thank you Steve, that is comforting to know and I will take you up on it.
Love the site.

Tom

Old 05-14-2019, 10:39 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post

Steve....thanks for providing 1P.org. Nice to have a dedicated forum. It does a lot for the 1p Community. You keep 1p alive.

And thank you TRW. You help us grow regardless of our level. Every little thing learned is big.