Thank You OnePocket.org

chicken ranch

(continued)
I say back to lou, thats cool, I only had 10-15 min. or so before my friends showed anyway, it was nice meeting you. I go to the bar and get a rack of balls and sit with my girl waiting for lou to leave, and he is sitting at the foot of the table polishing his personal set of balls one by one and putting them away in his pool ball case, (he already pet his cue up). I take 3 or 4 out of my rack of balls and set them in the kitchen and slow roll a couple banks cross corner (behind the headstring). I NEVER hit a ball toward this guy, thats a lie!!!!!!!before i go on let me say,I understand pool etiquette, and does this sound that rude to you,i mean dam i just introduced myself to him, he tells me hes leaving,I showed him respect by saying he seemed knowledgable and I liked his posts ,man online he seemed like a nice guy. anyways Im slow rolling these balls cross corner giving him all the space in the world,and 4 or 5 shots into shooting he says in a REAL arrogant tone, do you mind, I say excuse me? HE says even snippier DO YOU MIND?????,I say, ummm am I bothering you by playing here, ? LOU says in a real cocky voice....WELL I AM ON TIME HERE SO THIS IS MY TABLE TILL I GET oFF OF IT,NOT YOURS (i was in shock truthfully how he said it) He followed that statement by hollering at the house man HEY AM I STILL ON THE CLOCK???? of course the houseman ive known personnally for years says yes and lou gives me a cocky stare and there was a split second of wierd silence.I say to lou, I thought you were leaving? AND I can see in his eyes hes truly pissed off,and he says you know what, I think ill stay, and dumps his bag of balls which half of them was cleaned back onto the table just staring at me with this cocky look on his face.... Now he says take your balls to another table i just think ill put another session in.... (now this is where i blew my stack on this prick), I turned and walked to my fiance who sat right there and witnessed this unfold and said you can go ahead and leave, the guys will be here in a minute to pick me up. she says whats this jerks problem I said I dont know but im finding out. I turn and grab the balls off the table and said MAN wtf did I do to piss you off soooooo bad you werent playing any more, I give you room to clean your balls, you dont have to be a fn asshole!!!!! what are you trying to prove here???? you could have politely asked me to move and I would have.. I walked my girl to the door and she was reluctant to leave knowing i was so PISSED.when I took the balls off the table and went to another table this prick is putting his cue back together STARING at me...... I say man, YOU BETTER QUIT FN' STARING AT ME.... this prick says in a giddy little tone,im still staing at you!!!!!! thats when I went apeshit on this dude....I say to him listen here you fn pr**k Im off your table so you can get in stroke polishing you balls with no distractions, I DID NOT TRY TO OFFEND YOU IN ANY WAY bBY GETTING ON YOUR TABLE WHILE YOU WERE STILL HERE SORRY IF I DID BUT LET ME TELL YOU THIS MUCH IM OFF YOUR TABLE , OUTTA YOUR SPACE,YOU BETTER QUIT FN STARING AT ME RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWW lol which very intelligently at that moment he did. Im telling you I thought I was gonna have a stroke I was so mad.... lou fading your arrogant attitude that day made me realise..... I dont think Ive ever wanted to punch someone in the face worse in my entire life !!!!!!!!!!! Ive never expected you to be like this in person, I would have never aproached you...after I had already switched tables and he cocked off "im still staring", I even said, are you getting your rocks off by making me switch tables? really?REALLY??????????
well lou reading your post confirms that you did, and all I can say is wow, your a bubble off bro. just be glad you didnt say all that to my face.

chicken ranch

Guess i should have included

Guess i should have included

The table lou was getting off of is the main table in the place that gets gambled on and its the one im in action on at EVERY tourny that rolls thru I really didnt think what I did was outta line ive grown up in pool halls and have played pool for 23 yrs. before everyone jumps on the lou bandwagon because he is a forum vet ask any top player from the st.louis area they all know me, im not nothing like this dick says i am.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
The table lou was getting off of is the main table in the place that gets gambled on and its the one im in action on at EVERY tourny that rolls thru I really didnt think what I did was outta line ive grown up in pool halls and have played pool for 23 yrs. before everyone jumps on the lou bandwagon because he is a forum vet ask any top player from the st.louis area they all know me, im not nothing like this dick says i am.

Well. Mr. Ranch, while Lou doesn't come across as the most personable man on here (from what I've seen over the years) and taking in the fact that he has the propensity to like to stir sh1t up in forums, I'm on his side in this one. I've only been able to read his posts over all these years, but he does appear he could come off as being a bit on the "smug" side. I have never met him in person, so I can't say for sure what his personality is, all I have to work with is how he expresses himself thru his writing. Having said that, your the one that is totally at fault here, not him. He probably could have avoided this whole thing if he wanted to be the bigger man about it, but I can't say as I blame him for his actions, if some dude threw his balls on my table and starting hitting balls, while I still have my equipment on there, when ALL THE OTHER TABLES ARE OPEN.

First, if you have only 10-15 mins, why ask a man that's obviously done playing, (he's polishing his balls) to play a game of onepocket? Another point on the 10-15 min thing...if the whole place is dead and all the tables are open, why would you pick the one table out of the joint, that someone is still on, to decide to take your balls to? If you only got 10-15 mins, is it really all that important to HAVE to feel like you need to play on the "popular" table?

If someone came into the pool hall and I was still on time, it wouldn't matter what I was doing on the table, it's still mine as long as I'm on time, I would be pissed too if someone plopped their rack of balls down on my table and started hitting balls. That's piss poor etiquette there. If you've been in pool halls for 23 years like you say, you would understand that.

This whole encounter by the both of you, smells of a overload of testosterone. The macho staredowns, the plopping of the balls on the same table someone else is on, the asking to be played a game of onepocket and being turned down. The painstakingly cleaning of the balls and then keeping the table just to "show him", the complete meltdown by you.

1. if someone is on a table, you have no right to put your balls on their table, let along start hitting balls on it, while they still have their equipment on the table. C'mon, THE PLACE IS EMPTY, ALL THE TABLES ARE OPEN, WHY DO YOU NEED TO PLAY ON THAT ONE! After all, you only got 10-15 mins. That whole thing there , is downright rude.

2. If you only got 10-15 mins, you don't ask someone to play onepocket. I mean a person could ask, but I can't see too many people accepting, so freaking out about it is way out of line.

3. Regardless, there is not anything that happened here that can justify anyone going off on a rant here about. You say he got all snippy with you AFTER you started hitting balls on his table while he was still on it, and that you took offense to that. I can't imagine anyone NOT getting snippy if someone did that to them, so maybe you should reevaluate your reaction in that scenario.

4. It's hard to associate your comment about "ask anyone, I'm one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet" with someone who's almost just had a brain hemorrhage over the fact someone was looking at him and talking snippy to them, when you were in the wrong from the start.

and lastly... you can't have it both ways here. You say " i told him I didnt want to play him for money omg" but then throw in this little nugget "the main table in the place that gets gambled on and its the one im in action on at EVERY tourny that rolls thru". In one breath you won't play him for money, but then you're making it sound like you're a big gambler.:) If you only got 10-15 mins and you're playing onepocket, how much could you have went off for:D

Must have been really embarrassing for your girlfriend though. She's wondering WTF is it about guys and all this macho crap and why is my boyfriend splitting a vein and yelling and screaming, all over a pool table.

Good luck to the both of you on your new friendship:eek::heh

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Hey Lou......Remember we talked about this awhile back, and we discovered that coincidentally when I was in Florida for the winter about 9 years ago I went to Hollywood Billiards a few times and played that same guy - and he came with some shitty/tush hog attitude with me too - because he thought he was going to have fairly easy action playing me - but it didn't turn out that way, and he wasn't too happy about it...:)

- Ghost

PS, Then about 5 years ago he came to the DCC, and one of the first nights he got into action with Nick Vita (he didn't know him) thinking he was a young kid and would be easy action playing One Pocket...well it didn't take long for him to realize that he didn't much like his game with young Nick after all :p I sweated for awhile, enjoying watching him take the heat...:)

lol, yeah, I saw him at the DCC too and saw him play Vita too. Funny stuff.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
My name is will freeman, like I told you when I introduced myself to you, and that is not the exact facts of our encounter if anyone really cares, and yes I did blow up because never ever have I met a more arrogant s.o.b, in my life. I have read many posts over the years by this guy and have seen a match or 2 of his, So hears the story my fiance and I go to "the break" in cahokia il.where i am meeting 2 friends to carpool to a tournament in peoria il. ( my girl is dropping me off)I walk in the door of the place with my suitcase and pool case and walk to the jukebox to plug in my phone and look over and see lou(or who I thought was lou)slow rolling a long rail bank shot over and over(he did not take his pool stick apart lol),and say to him; hello sir, your name wouldnt happen to be lou f. would it?lou responds with; yes it is. I say,its nice to meet you my name is will freeman,and I recognised you from one pocket.org, I have read many of your posts over the years and you seem very knowledgable about the game.(trying to be super nice and potentially get to know someone new in the area to play one pocket with. anyone that knows me will vouch for me as one of the nicest people you will EVER meet in a pool room),he just stares at me, I ask him would you like to play a game of one pocket? and in an arrogant tone which at the time didnt bother me at all he says;Ive been here since they opened im done(so say that didnt sit well with me is hilarious.... i told him I didnt want to play him for money omg)(to be continued)

This is not how it happened and you are leaving out several key facts that I also excluded (I didn't even mention your last name, since you never told it t me), so as not to embarrass you. But since you bring them up...

The only thing you said to me was, "Are you Lou Figueroa?" and when I said "Yes" you said, "I recognized you from OnePocket.org."

That was it.

You never mentioned reading any of posts. And then you asked me to play. There was no staring, no arrogance, nothing. I will continue this and reply to your next post.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
(continued)
I say back to lou, thats cool, I only had 10-15 min. or so before my friends showed anyway, it was nice meeting you. I go to the bar and get a rack of balls and sit with my girl waiting for lou to leave, and he is sitting at the foot of the table polishing his personal set of balls one by one and putting them away in his pool ball case, (he already pet his cue up). I take 3 or 4 out of my rack of balls and set them in the kitchen and slow roll a couple banks cross corner (behind the headstring). I NEVER hit a ball toward this guy, thats a lie!!!!!!!before i go on let me say,I understand pool etiquette, and does this sound that rude to you,i mean dam i just introduced myself to him, he tells me hes leaving,I showed him respect by saying he seemed knowledgable and I liked his posts ,man online he seemed like a nice guy. anyways Im slow rolling these balls cross corner giving him all the space in the world,and 4 or 5 shots into shooting he says in a REAL arrogant tone, do you mind, I say excuse me? HE says even snippier DO YOU MIND?????,I say, ummm am I bothering you by playing here, ? LOU says in a real cocky voice....WELL I AM ON TIME HERE SO THIS IS MY TABLE TILL I GET oFF OF IT,NOT YOURS (i was in shock truthfully how he said it) He followed that statement by hollering at the house man HEY AM I STILL ON THE CLOCK???? of course the houseman ive known personnally for years says yes and lou gives me a cocky stare and there was a split second of wierd silence.I say to lou, I thought you were leaving? AND I can see in his eyes hes truly pissed off,and he says you know what, I think ill stay, and dumps his bag of balls which half of them was cleaned back onto the table just staring at me with this cocky look on his face.... Now he says take your balls to another table i just think ill put another session in.... (now this is where i blew my stack on this prick), I turned and walked to my fiance who sat right there and witnessed this unfold and said you can go ahead and leave, the guys will be here in a minute to pick me up. she says whats this jerks problem I said I dont know but im finding out. I turn and grab the balls off the table and said MAN wtf did I do to piss you off soooooo bad you werent playing any more, I give you room to clean your balls, you dont have to be a fn asshole!!!!! what are you trying to prove here???? you could have politely asked me to move and I would have.. I walked my girl to the door and she was reluctant to leave knowing i was so PISSED.when I took the balls off the table and went to another table this prick is putting his cue back together STARING at me...... I say man, YOU BETTER QUIT FN' STARING AT ME.... this prick says in a giddy little tone,im still staing at you!!!!!! thats when I went apeshit on this dude....I say to him listen here you fn pr**k Im off your table so you can get in stroke polishing you balls with no distractions, I DID NOT TRY TO OFFEND YOU IN ANY WAY bBY GETTING ON YOUR TABLE WHILE YOU WERE STILL HERE SORRY IF I DID BUT LET ME TELL YOU THIS MUCH IM OFF YOUR TABLE , OUTTA YOUR SPACE,YOU BETTER QUIT FN STARING AT ME RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWW lol which very intelligently at that moment he did. Im telling you I thought I was gonna have a stroke I was so mad.... lou fading your arrogant attitude that day made me realise..... I dont think Ive ever wanted to punch someone in the face worse in my entire life !!!!!!!!!!! Ive never expected you to be like this in person, I would have never aproached you...after I had already switched tables and he cocked off "im still staring", I even said, are you getting your rocks off by making me switch tables? really?REALLY??????????
well lou reading your post confirms that you did, and all I can say is wow, your a bubble off bro. just be glad you didnt say all that to my face.

You got on the far end of my table, pulled out the 1-9, and and began shooting bank shots. Like I said, "No biggie." Then you missed or shot a two ball and that was the ball that rolled up to my end.

I did not say, "Do you mind?" I politely said to you I was almost done and if you just waited a bit you could have the table. And then you went off like a skyrocket and started yelling saying, "What an asshole. Lou Figueroa, what an asshole. Have you ever met such an asshole." That's when your fiancee began telling you, "Let it go."

What I did say to you, when you asked, "Dude, am I really bothering you that much by shooting balls down here?" was, "No, sir. But just as a bit of courtesy, you might want to wait till I’m done here." That's when you yelled, "Dude, I'm not your 'sir.'" And I said, "OK dude" and you said, "Don't call me 'dude.'" That's about when your fiancee left the room. She looked embarrassed for you

So after all the "asshole" remarks, that's when I decided to stay on the table a bit longer. I didn't make a speech or say anything else to you. So now you're really yelling and that's when the houseman told you to, "Let it go." I'm putting my stick together and you shout, "Don't stare at me." And I said, "I'm just putting my stick together and happened to be looking over your way." Then I started hitting some balls and didn't say another word to you, because...

What was clear to me, the houseman, and the other guys in there was that, for whatever reasons: you were pissed, had embarrassed yourself and your fiancee, and were spoiling for a fight. You are bigger and younger than me (I'm almost 60). I couldn't have gotten out of line the way you describe because it was clear to everyone in the pool room that you were all too ready to get in my face.

Like you said, "Im telling you I thought I was gonna have a stroke I was so mad.... lou fading your arrogant attitude that day made me realise..... I dont think Ive ever wanted to punch someone in the face worse in my entire life !!!!!!!!!!!"

Problem is, the problem was all you. You just didn't like being called on your lack of courtesy getting on my table before I was done. And now you've made up a bunch of stuff to cosmetically touch up your conduct. No biggie.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member

It's kind of funny that even here, you are calling me a "dick." I don't believe I have to argue my side of the case any further.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Well I think you two ought to play this one out -- maybe Derby City?

Love it when other guys like to put me in action :) How much are you staking me for, Steve?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Well. Mr. Ranch, while Lou doesn't come across as the most personable man on here (from what I've seen over the years) and taking in the fact that he has the propensity to like to stir sh1t up in forums, I'm on his side in this one. I've only been able to read his posts over all these years, but he does appear he could come off as being a bit on the "smug" side. I have never met him in person, so I can't say for sure what his personality is, all I have to work with is how he expresses himself thru his writing. Having said that, your the one that is totally at fault here, not him. He probably could have avoided this whole thing if he wanted to be the bigger man about it, but I can't say as I blame him for his actions, if some dude threw his balls on my table and starting hitting balls, while I still have my equipment on there, when ALL THE OTHER TABLES ARE OPEN.

First, if you have only 10-15 mins, why ask a man that's obviously done playing, (he's polishing his balls) to play a game of onepocket? Another point on the 10-15 min thing...if the whole place is dead and all the tables are open, why would you pick the one table out of the joint, that someone is still on, to decide to take your balls to? If you only got 10-15 mins, is it really all that important to HAVE to feel like you need to play on the "popular" table?

If someone came into the pool hall and I was still on time, it wouldn't matter what I was doing on the table, it's still mine as long as I'm on time, I would be pissed too if someone plopped their rack of balls down on my table and started hitting balls. That's piss poor etiquette there. If you've been in pool halls for 23 years like you say, you would understand that.

This whole encounter by the both of you, smells of a overload of testosterone. The macho staredowns, the plopping of the balls on the same table someone else is on, the asking to be played a game of onepocket and being turned down. The painstakingly cleaning of the balls and then keeping the table just to "show him", the complete meltdown by you.

1. if someone is on a table, you have no right to put your balls on their table, let along start hitting balls on it, while they still have their equipment on the table. C'mon, THE PLACE IS EMPTY, ALL THE TABLES ARE OPEN, WHY DO YOU NEED TO PLAY ON THAT ONE! After all, you only got 10-15 mins. That whole thing there , is downright rude.

2. If you only got 10-15 mins, you don't ask someone to play onepocket. I mean a person could ask, but I can't see too many people accepting, so freaking out about it is way out of line.

3. Regardless, there is not anything that happened here that can justify anyone going off on a rant here about. You say he got all snippy with you AFTER you started hitting balls on his table while he was still on it, and that you took offense to that. I can't imagine anyone NOT getting snippy if someone did that to them, so maybe you should reevaluate your reaction in that scenario.

4. It's hard to associate your comment about "ask anyone, I'm one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet" with someone who's almost just had a brain hemorrhage over the fact someone was looking at him and talking snippy to them, when you were in the wrong from the start.

and lastly... you can't have it both ways here. You say " i told him I didnt want to play him for money omg" but then throw in this little nugget "the main table in the place that gets gambled on and its the one im in action on at EVERY tourny that rolls thru". In one breath you won't play him for money, but then you're making it sound like you're a big gambler.:) If you only got 10-15 mins and you're playing onepocket, how much could you have went off for:D

Must have been really embarrassing for your girlfriend though. She's wondering WTF is it about guys and all this macho crap and why is my boyfriend splitting a vein and yelling and screaming, all over a pool table.

Good luck to the both of you on your new friendship:eek::heh

Guilty as charged (about the stirring :) However that was not the case in this instance. They guy went off out of nowhere.

You're also right that I could have just kept my mouth shut and not said a word while he was banging balls on the table, but something about that two ball rolling down table just hit a sour note and I politely, almost bemusedly, told him he could have the table if he just waited a bit. And lastly, I don't have enough testosterone left at my age and physical condition to be doing any stare-downs with a younger bull.

Having said all that, thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt and your support, Cali.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Love it she other guys like to put me in action :) How much are you staking me for, Steve?

Lou Figueroa
Lou, I consider you to be nearly in a class by yourself in terms of the combination of extra sharp writing talent and One Pocket. If I were will, I would concede the war of words right now and instead have a go at the game. As far as that goes, I have no idea how will plays -- but that would be easy to settle is all I am saying, and no matter how he plays actual pool, he has a better chance at a real table than in a battle of the pen with you, that is for sure :D

i.e., I mean that as 100% compliment to you -- I would definitely not ever want to get into a war of words with you, and you are also a pretty steady player as well.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Lou, I consider you to be nearly in a class by yourself in terms of the combination of extra sharp writing talent and One Pocket. If I were will, I would concede the war of words right now and instead have a go at the game. As far as that goes, I have no idea how will plays -- but that would be easy to settle is all I am saying, and no matter how he plays actual pool, he has a better chance at a real table than in a battle of the pen with you, that is for sure :D

i.e., I mean that as 100% compliment to you -- I would definitely not ever want to get into a war of words with you, and you are also a pretty steady player as well.

Thanks, Steve. And I get what you're saying. I was just pulling your chain a bit.

As to playing someone like Will, I have absolutely no clue as to how he plays. I didn't know who he was when he walked in (and contrary to his version he never told me his last name) and I've never heard of him before. But, generally speaking, I shoot to enjoy myself and I prefer not to play guys with a temper. So needless to say, this particular match ain't gonna happen :)

Lou Figueroa

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Will....This is John Lavin from Red Shoes Billiards of Alsip, Illinois. I have known Lou Figueroa for 15 years. Trust me he is a good guy. Just let it go. Just attribute it to a bad day for both of you.

RedCard

Verified Member
'.... (now this is where i blew my stack on this prick)' ~~~ Chicken

Chicken Ranch's spin on the incident doesn't have the ring of truth. Sounds like a hot-headed bully to me. He should consider reining it in or The Colonel could have him in the morning.

Attachments

• Plop.jpg
    Plop.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 0

SJDinPHX

Suspended
...generally speaking, I shoot pool to enjoy myself and I prefer not to play guys with a temper. So needless to say, this particular match ain't gonna happen :)

Lou Figueroa

I feel the same way Lou...At our [sic] advanced age, fighting is for kids, dogs and idiots..:frus
However, should this 'Will' character gives you any flack at the upcoming DCC, just say the word, and I will have one of my bodyguard's, Fast Lenny or Mike James, knock him out..:cool:

PS..I'd do it myself, but my record of 0 and 47, in bar fights (when I was much younger) would give me pause...Also, I may have only one fight left in me, and I'm thinking it will probably be someone from Chicago, much closer to my age bracket...JK, JK, :heh..:p (and by the way, what is wrong with being called a "Dick" ?)

Edit...Nice touch, Red Card..Between us, we should be able to stir something up..:D

Last edited:

chicken ranch

Will....This is John Lavin from Red Shoes Billiards of Alsip, Illinois. I have known Lou Figueroa for 15 years. Trust me he is a good guy. Just let it go. Just attribute it to a bad day for both of you.

water under the bridge to me john.... did he intentionally piss me off for an UKNOWN reason... yes, was he an extremely arrogant individual to me....yes was I really out of line for playing on that table .....no
Listen calired Im not trying to get people on my side nor do I need you to tell me how I need to carry myself in a poolroom,You WASNT THERE, . I know how to carry myself and told my side thats all I WASNT trying to gamble, I DIDNT just plop the balls down,I kinda would have enjoyed a one pocket conversation and didnt expect this

John all I did was tell my side, its over for me He just doesnt need to aproach me anywhere, anytime. cause he IS an extremely arrogant s.o.b, and now I know he IS a fn liar, , again lou nothing ive said here I wouldnt say to your face...

chicken ranch

'.... (now this is where i blew my stack on this prick)' ~~~ Chicken

Chicken Ranch's spin on the incident doesn't have the ring of truth. Sounds like a hot-headed bully to me. He should consider reining it in or The Colonel could have him in the morning.

Im not a bully, and Ive always respected my elders, just wanted to meet the man.

chicken ranch

However, should this 'Will' character gives you any flack at the upcoming DCC, just say the word, and I will have one of my bodyguard's, Fast Lenny or Mike James, knock him out..:cool:

:rolleyes: correction, I try to respect my elders....lol

SJDinPHX

Suspended
SJDinPHX said:

:rolleyes: correction, I try to respect my elders....lol

He's loosening up guy's...Did you notice the 'lol'...He may yet become a productive member of the forum...(or he may 'go off' on Fred, who knows ?)..:eek: Have you met the Beard yet Will ?

View attachment 4205 Note; very old pic...the beard is white now..:p

Last edited:

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Will....The concept of "let it go" and "bad day" was a peace solution for two good one pocket players. I know I was not there, but you have been to my pool room. You know my pool room is not a "yuppie" room. Rumor has it, that it is the main "action" room in Chicago. Rumor also has it that I deal with "actual killers" all the time. When I suggested the "let it go" and "bad day for both" avenue, it was with the idea that there was nothing to gain for either of you by escalating the situation. If you call a guy a "liar and an "fn sob" and "don't approach me", that doesn't help the situation. When I met you (a few months back), you seemed like a nice young man. I know I am right about you and I know I'm right about Lou... "IT WAS A BAD DAY FOR BOTH OF YOU" and "LET IT GO".