Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2018, 11:11 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Bank the 8 to across to your side, while taking the cue uptable and leaving it on his long rail, hopefully hiding him behind the one.

If you make the ball currently by your hole thatís fine.. shoot the one next. Otherwise you should have two balls by your hole and he is hidden and in trouble.

As long as you get him on his long rail itís a good shot even if he is not hidden by the one. He is more than doubled up. Even if he can see your hole.. he needs to clear your balls and you should be able to gain a better advantage from there.

After your shot, he could kick one rail at the balls in his hole but with balls by your hole that is not a good move since itís possible that he could only get one anyway or sell out based on how the balls are laying by his hole.
Mitch, you're getting too smart. Probably on account of all those cheese steak sans..

My first inclination was the fram shot. But with that kind of lie, seems like a ball always stays there. And with the 8 & 12 balls sitting where they are, it could certainly leave a return shot for the opponent.

~Doc
Old 09-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
Make the three and try to corner hook him
I didn't see this shot but i like it a lot.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:58 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
It's actually laying really good, the only trouble will be where the cb and 7 end up. 1 of those balls could get in the path of the 15 heading to the 3rd rail. Don't really see anything else I like that clears the pocket.
thanks for the reply
there is no 9 ball in the way....
Old 09-15-2018, 12:38 PM
Verified Member

Default Fwiw

Play the cue off of the stripe by your hole to pocket the 3ball . Hit the shot hard enough to move the stripe (10 ?) even with the footstring on your side. It should be doubled up on the 8. This should take away any offensive ideas he may have had and with a couple of loose balls on your side the uptable safe is not so appealing. From here just keep soft kicking under the balls by his pocket until you can clear his pocket. The frozen balls on his long are a problem for him. Keep him busy playing defense so he can't use an inning to loosen those balls up. I would not play any shot here that is not 100% guaranteed to pocket the 3 ball.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Verified Member

I haven't read any of the other replies, so this is my fresh and untainted opinion.

This one is tough. Just making the 3 will leave the return bank on the 12 unless I can snuggle up on the 7 and get behind the 15, which doesnít really look available. Iíll never be in a better position to do something with those 3 balls in front of his hole, so I donít like putting off the moment of truth by doing something like skinning off the 1 and leaving the CB on the short rail on his side. So, Iíd take a deep breath and ram the 15 ball into the 7, hoping it clears all 3 balls, whilst stun drawing the CB as far up table as I can get it, attempting to get it as close to the far rail as possible. With any luck, I wonít disturb the 4-5 and none of the 3 balls will be left right in front of his pocket. Here we go!
Old 09-15-2018, 12:49 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie View Post
Play the cue off of the stripe by your hole to pocket the 3ball . Hit the shot hard enough to move the stripe (10 ?) even with the footstring on your side. It should be doubled up on the 8. This should take away any offensive ideas he may have had and with a couple of loose balls on your side the uptable safe is not so appealing. From here just keep soft kicking under the balls by his pocket until you can clear his pocket. The frozen balls on his long are a problem for him. Keep him busy playing defense so he can't use an inning to loosen those balls up. I would not play any shot here that is not 100% guaranteed to pocket the 3 ball.
I like this idea if it is really possible to leave the stripe on the rail or high enough that it doesn't provide a return bank shot.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:53 PM
Verified Member

Ok, here is a good fram shot. Shoot the cue ball firm into the rail with right kicking at the 3. Make the 3 thin. Cue ball comes off the 3 and banks the 7 towards your hole while kicking the 15 out at the same time. Game over. Thank you...
Old 09-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Verified Member

if I can bank the 8 above the 15 and make the ball in the pocket that is my move
Old 09-15-2018, 01:58 PM

Default Freeze behind the 15

Not sure if this shots available, but if it is, I would try to gently make the 3 ball rail first off the seven with some right english to try and nestle up behind the 15 after the 7 rolls away just enough. You would need to hit the rail very close to the 3 ball if I'm seeing it right. Hard to tell off of this angle.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:48 PM
Verified Member

your leading and his balls dont let him get out so dont sell out.

maybe shoot the 3 in and bump the 7 up some and leave him behind the 15.

the crash shots are out as there is a double kiss that will leave a ball like the 3 sitting there.

i hate ticking as thats slow death but here it may be best.

id like to shoot the 2 in the side and snuggle him up on the 1 ball but that may not be good long term.